“We stay here every visit” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #117 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
New England
“We stay here every visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

We rate this hotel an A+.

We stay at this resort every visit to Orlando. We typically get either the family suite or larger suite. This gives us a main bedroom and a 2nd bedroom , a large living area, and a FULL kitchen.

The free breakfast buffet offers a lot of selection and is located in a LARGE dining area.

Every night (except FRI-SUN) the hotel offers free food of some sort between 5 and 630PM. Thursday nights is usually a cookout with hamburgers and hotdogs.

This is the best deal in the area as far as price and what you get for it. We get the military rate, which gives a substantial discount on the room rates, but you can probably get good deals on AAA or AARP or the like.

There is a brand new, extra large Walmart that has just been built about 3 miles up the road. The "back" Disney entrance to the Downtown Disney area is about 2 miles away. Great location.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Pearland, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

I had a two bedroom suite. The two bedroom suites have one bedroom with two queen beds, the other with one king bed and a desk, There is a pull out couch in the living room .This is a good hotel if you are going to visit the parks - especially with family. They have a shuttle which takes you to Epcot Center where you can board Disney transportation. You should mind the schedule so that you wouldn't be left. It is also near things like Sea World and Discovery Cove.. There is a free hot breakfast (and it is a fairly good, better than average Residence Inn Breakfast) which makes it economical. We housed six in the room.

The dining area is quite large - and they have a nice pool area. On Thursday night they had a barbecue. They served hot dogs, hamburgers, baked beans, salad. This saved us a dinner expense.

The management and staff are very friendly. Even the maintenance people asked if they could get me anything.

The rooms are not completely up to date. They should replace the tvs and there was

- The internet connection is in the dining room, not the bedroom with a desk, but with a wireless connection you can take your computer anywhere in the hotel.

Tallahassee, Floirda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

We stayed in a two-bedroom suite sharing with friends and there was plenty of room for all of us - 4 adults and 5 children (ages 2 - 13). The room was very clean and had great amenities, pull out sofa, three TV's, full kitchen, two full baths and a small dining table w/ four chairs. The beds were very comfortable (two queens in one room and a king in the other), sheets were clean and pillows were fluffy. The staff was very professional and courteous and the public areas were well maintained and clean. We enjoyed the daily, free breakfast buffet...plenty of choice to satisfy the palate. The pool area was nice and the poolside bar was appreciated...5 kids remember? :-)

The only criticism we would have is that the pool temperature was too warm, it would be nice if the fountains shooting water into the pool were cold to cool it down a bit. Other than that we were very pleased with our stay and would recommend this hotel.

Howell, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

I wish I could rate this hotel 3.5 stars, but I cannot so I have to downgrade to just average. This hotel is located in a cluster of three hotels near Seaworld. It's near Seaworld and near restaurants and shopping but a car really is required to enjoy the area. We had a rental so the free parking was one of three main reasons why I chose this hotel. I stayed at this hotel in a one bedroom suite for 4 nights with my teen-aged son. The bedroom had two beds and there was a pull-out sofa in the living room. Check in quick and the suite itself is very nice, clean and spacious. I liked the fact that the bathroom and sink area are separate so two people can get ready at the same time. The kitchen area has a dishwasher, two burner stove, full-size microwave oven and full-size refrigerator - and all were clean inside and out. Free internet was the second reason why I chose this hotel - it can only be accessed at the (small) dining room table. Most hotels only have one access point for wired internet in the room, so I wasn't put off about it. The third reason why I chose this hotel is for the free breakfast buffet. It is free but I'd didn't like the hot options so I was a little disappointed there. Greasy sausage, powdered eggs, soggy corned beef hash does not equal decent food IMO. To be fair, there was also bagels, bread, juices, milk, and cereal being served so you had a choice of being healthy or not. We stayed in the Aruba section which requires a key card to access the building. That being said, three times a day, we were bombarded with local pizza shops sliding their menus under the door every morning, noon, and night. Housekeeping would just place the menus on the desk or leave on the floor for us to pick up and discard. Housekeeping also likes to knock on the door at 8 a.m. if you don't have the Do Not Disturb sign out. I didn't have it out, but I just felt it was a little rude and off-putting on bang on doors at 8 a.m. for people that weren't checking out. Also, the bathroom toilet ran very slow. You had to hold the lever down for about 20 seconds in order for it to flush completely. I also think they should do away with the VCRs and upgrade to DVD players just because it's 2009 and DVDs are more widely used. The pool area looks nice but we didn't use it. The printer in the business room doesn't work properly but the desk clerk let me use her computer behind the front desk to print my documents. She even faxed them for me for free so that was cool. All in all, between the free parking, free internet access, and free breakfast I probably saved about $45 per day. I enjoyed two out of three so I'm satisfied. I would recommend this hotel to others. However, I would probably only book this hotel again if other options weren't available.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

My husband and I stayed just one night while we were in the Orlando area. Everything was clean, the beds and pillows were comfortable, shower was great...we would definitely stay here again. Although it is a suite with 2 rooms, you wouldn't want to travel with another couple because the 2nd room has no door and no bathroom! So it's ideal for a family with children but also a great stay for just a couple. Great location, the pool area was very nice and the breakfast was absolutely the best I've ever had at a hotel!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
East Malvern Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

Room was great size with plenty of space, nice buffet breakfast and easy access to all Disney, Seaworld, Universal studios. However room overlooked the freeway and was quite noisy. Ask for rooms away from the freeway.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Western part
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

This is a good hotel if you are going to visit the parks - especially with family. Disney isn't all that far away and things like Sea World and Discovery Cove are nearby also. You need a car really if you want to get around very easily, but the combination of a lower hotel rate, free parking, free breakfast (and it is a fairly good, better than average Residence Inn Breakfast) make it economical even if you have to rent a car.

The two bedroom suites have one bedroom with two beds, the other with one bed and a desk, which is optimal for families.

The dining area is quite large - and they have a nice pool area.

The management and staff are better than average.

There are a few things that I'd like to point out just so it is known.
-The TV's in our suite were not all that new. They worked adequately. There was a VCR in the one in the living room area - and who uses VCR's anymore?
-The air conditioning kept it comfortable enough, but to keep it cool enough to work, for example, might be challenging.
- The internet connection is in the dining room, not the bedroom with a desk. I imagine more than one person has settled down at that desk, wanting to hook up to the net and been surprised.

- Some parts of the room are showing signs of wear, such as the closet doors and bathroom. Nothing really bad, just a point to make.

However, if you want everything you need at a reasonable price, I'd say this is the place to go.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!