“Never Again. NEVER.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #119 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Tucson, Arizona
“Never Again. NEVER.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I travel all over the country & stay at Marriott properties- many RI, & this is by far the worst. The exterior - in the front & courtyard/pool area (with the exception of the dead palm tree outside my window) appear to be well maintained, but beyond that it is not. When I booked this room on Marriott.com I knew the furnishings in the rooms were older- I can live with old. What I cannot live with is dirty or poorly maintained. Dining chairs all ripped, lamp shades ripped, shower heads corroded, no desk chair for the desk, no coffee pot, the refrigerator made a nearly constant loud hum, the ice maker did not work, the desk is scratched & roughed up, the couch was dirty- (could actually see the black areas from dirt), dirt & dust in the corners, tables not wiped, mold along the tub/shower (as well as in the public ladies bathroom- mold around the sink & no door on the handicapped stall). I approached the staff about this they were very kind & wanted to make it right. I asked them to please leave a coffee pot & a desk chair if they have it, but other than that I did not want anyone in my room (do not disturb was on the door). Upon return that day all ripped chairs, lamp shades, & shower heads had been replaced, there was a coffee pot on the counter, & an old office chair was placed in my room between the closet door & vanity- I could not even walk through this area to get to the bathroom. One should not have to tell a hotel (a Marriott!) to do basic maintenance / upkeep.

I was also informed that they have mostly families stay at the hotel - I was here for business. I informed them that I would not bring my family to this hotel. How this place has a 4 star review on trip advisor is beyond me. There are other reviews on here that report the same issues. The one positive is that the staff is helpful, kind & accommodating.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
ManagerRILBV, General Manager at Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Heidi99_11,

Thank you for your recent review of the Residence Inn Orlando Lake Buena Vista. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

Please know that guest satisfaction is our top priority and we always welcome feedback that allows us to train our staff to better exceed our guests' expectations. With that in mind, we are committed to exceeding your expectations on your next visit.

John Luciew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Location is not best, if you are not driving , but there are dozens of both fast food and causal restaurants within a 5-10 minute car ride.

Very convenient to all parks, Disney, Seaworld and Even Universal in less than 15 mins away.
If you have a car, dont waste all the money to stay closer to the parks,it is a very short drive.

Rooms are big, have a fully equipped kitchenette, a living room area, and a separate bedroom.
Wifi is free even in the rooms!

Breakfast( nice selection) and parking(plenty of spaces) is free.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for three nights and found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. We had a one bedroom unit. The decor and kitchen could benefit from a remodel in the near future, but it was very clean. This location is close to Disney, so there were lots of families with kids. Despite that, we heard very little noise from neighbors.
The free breakfast is HUGE and varied. My husband even ate it for on all three mornings we were there, and he usually turns his nose up at the complimentary motel breakfasts. Not only is the food selection large but the dining room has plenty of room for everyone. They also have a complimentary evening meal on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. The night we arrived, it was hamburgers and not dogs with free wine and beer, too. For families spending a small fortune at Disneyland and all the other expensive attractions in Orlando, a few free meals must mean a lot.
I read concerns from some reviewers about slow elevators. I think it is more of an issue of there not being lots of elevators on each wing of rooms, so the elevators are sometimes full and you have to wait. No biggie. Heck, if you can't wait for an elevator or take the stairs, good luck with the lines at Disney!
I'd be happy to stay here again in the future if we return to the Orlando area.

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from the highway, based on other tips about road noise. The hotel accommod...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel is everything the other hundreds of reviews stated. Great place! The breakfast buffet is huge! Everything from Mickey waffles to yogurt and granola. Super nice folks!

We had a 2 bedroom suite on the interstate side of the hotel. The noise didn't bother us. Great space! We brought a crock pot to make ready to eat meals when we returned from the parks.

Grocery stores nearby are Winn Dixie .7 miles and Goodings about .5 miles.

Restaurants nearby: Qboda (similar to Moe's), Moe's, McDonald's, Uno's Pizza, Pizza Hut, Subway.

Hopefully, you won't need this, but there is a great Urgent Care less than a mile from the hotel. Sadly, we had 2 down with the Flu! Centre Care is the name, they are open 7 days a week, I think. Do make an online appointment or you will be waiting awhile. The pharmacy they use is Walgreens, just on the other side of the interstate from the clinic. They did a nice job of getting our prescription filled quickly.

Enjoy! You won't be disappointed if you are looking for a nice place to stay with your family.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
ManagerRILBV, General Manager at Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Denise S,

Thank you for your great review and sorry you had a few sick days included. I'm glad you were still able to enjoy both our hotel and the parks. I agree the two bedroom suites are a great option for a family and provide enough room for the whole family spread out and relax. I will also be sure to recognize our breakfast team as they do a great job taking care of a large amount of guests on a daily basis. Thank you again for the great feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.

Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a 2 bedroom suite for 5 nights. This suited our family very well. It was great to come back to after a day in the parks. Breakfast offerings were good and varied. They offered a social hour on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday which also added value to the equation. The pool was good and was warm enough to swim in. The hot tub was nice but there always seemed a bit of a line up for it. All in all a good experience here and I would have no hesitation in staying here again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
AJG35,

I'm glad we were able to provide a great family base for you and your family. I agree that for a family our complimentary hot breakfast buffet and parking are great value adds and the heated pool and hot tub offer an opportunity to relax after a long day at the parks. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to being your future "home away from home".

New Bedford,MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I always enjoy a stay at a Residence Inn, and this was no exception. Close to Disney, SeaWorld, mini golf, restaurants & grocery store. Nice area - away from commercial strip, but easy access to major roads. Great breakfast & evening food midweek. For your info - Residence Inns have phased out the complimentary popcorn.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
blondie16,

Thank you for your great review, we agree our location if fantastic and close to all three of the major parks as well as outlet malls and shopping. Thank you again for staying with us, we appreciate the feedback and look forward to being your future "home away from home" in the Orlando area.

Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here for a week when visiting Disney World with our extended family (My wife, two daughters, mother and step-father. My parents could have their own room, our daughters slept on the sleeper sofa in the living room, we we had our own room. The room was nice, good golf course view, and having a kitchen was excellent to be able to prepare some of our own meals. the staff was friendly and they offered a free shuttle to the neighboring Marriott to use their pool. Our girls loved the huge pool with waterfall and water slide. If we ever return to Disney World, this is the first place I would consider staying.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
benthompson,

Thank you for your recent review, we're glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our complimentary amenities. We look forward to seeing you again on future visits to the Orlando area.

John Luciew

Been to Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!