“A satisfied repeat guest!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #117 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Halifax, NS
“A satisfied repeat guest!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

When booking our 2013 holiday to Orlando we decided to book the Residence Inn again this year as we had such a positive experience last year. We stayed for 2 weeks from March 23-April 6, 2013. I am happy to report that we had an equally great time this year. For details on the hotel please see my previous review, however I will simply use this review to update what has changed since last year, tell you about a few things from this stay and address some of the other comments in other reviews.

As mentioned in other reviews all the carpet in the public areas have been updated. The maintenance/engineering team really does an excellent job at painting and keeping the hotel looking great! Upon arrival our television had broken pixels so had lines across it. Upon leaving a note in the room the engineering department brought us a brand new tv and replaced it immediately. I am a firm believer you have to report problems and allow the hotel time to fix them. Thank you for the great service in replacing our tv!

I have also done housekeeping, so understand the challenges of laundering and having a sufficient supply of towels. I see comments about guests returning and not having towels. While I understand the frustration, not all hotels have double supplies of towels. Between housekeeping picking up dirty towels there needs to be time to clean the towels when the hotel is sold out. We always had our towels replaced by 5pm if the supply didn't allow for them to be replaced at time of housekeeping. I am sure if towels were needed earlier that housekeeping wouldn't hesitate to bring some to the room as this hotel is very service focused!

The manager's reception has changed time since last year. They are now held from 6pm-7:30pm Tues-Thurs which was a much better time for us when we attended, thank you!

As for parking, we returned to the hotel by 10pm every evening and never had a challenge finding parking. The hotel was also sold out during the majority of our stay.

It was a pleasure to see a lot of the same staff this year as last year. I can't say enough about the staff. The customer service is genuine and agree that John the GM is very hands on. We sat in the lobby one day and I watched him make the coffee for the lobby. He leads by example. No task is beneath him. Also noticed quite a few of the staff seem to be cross trained (breakfast staff to front desk) so they get to know the guests as they are interacting with them both at the front desk and during breakfast service.

My only complaint last year was the yogurt. It was the same strawberry yogurt every day. I am happy to report that they now rotate and have some different flavours and types of yogurt. It was nice to have variety here and really appreciated this change! Yes breakfast was busy by 8:30-9am every morning. It is much quieter at 7:30-8am.

Thank you for a great stay! We'll be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Crystal S, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for returning to the Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista this year! One of the most rewarding things about this Marriott hotel is that we have a lot of repeat guests and every time you come back to see us we take it as a personal compliment! We do read every review and that we share this feedback with our staff every morning. I can say that our staff is eager to learn what they can do better each day. John is awesome in doing what it takes to ensure that every guest has a great stay! Thank you for the kind words and even highlighting some areas that we continue to improve on. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team. With that in mind, I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Orlando/Lake Buena Vista and counting you as one of our family! See you next year!

Lake Buena Vista

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a great hotel! My family and I stayed here 3/31/13-4/5/13. You are so close to shopping of all kinds, theme parks, restaurants...fabulous! The hotel grounds are absolutely gorgeous. The rooms are nice as well. But what struck me as being outstanding is the customer service we received. Every single time we saw a staff person we were greeted, asked if they could help, how was our stay, did we need anything...so refreshing! They truly go above and beyond to help in any way they can. We will definitely stay here again. :-)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Wow! Thank you so much for your comments and thank you for choosing Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our top priority is your satisfaction so I am very happy to hear that we delivered during your stay in April! I will be sure to share your feedback with our team because this is why we come to work every day - for the opportunity to make a friend. With that in mind, I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Orlando/Lake Buena Vista and counting you as one of our repeat guests for life! See you next time!

Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Great family hotel, if you are visiting Disney. We were in Orlando for two weeks visiting Disney and Universal. Hotel is very big and service is good. There are very good restaurants and shopping malls around. Disney downtown is just one mile.

I would recommend this hotel if you are planning to visit Disney. Universal is very far from here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for choosing Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista for your stay in April! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are a Disney Good Neighbor Hotel and we are thrilled that you were able to get to Disney with ease. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Orlando/Lake Buena Vista!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My family of 4 stayed here from 3/30 to 4/4. I used 100,000 Marriott points for the stay since the hotel is a category 5 for Marriott Rewards. The hotel is easy to see from the freeway but is the last in a row of hotels down the road it is on. We checked in with no problem, and I had asked for a kids suite prior to arrival which was nice too. The room is much bigger than a standard room and had 3 TV's. My wife was happy with complimentary breakfast as were our 2 kids who had cereal and fruit. The hotel is closest to downtown Disney, about a 10 minute drive away, while Animal Kingdom seemed to be the furthest. If going to Magic Kingdom, I would leave at least 45 minutes prior to the park opening due to traffic, parking away from the park, and then having to take the monorail to the park. This all adds up to a long time. As a tip, see if you can to Chef Mickey's for dinner at the Contemporary hotel by the park and the hotel there will let you park in their lot at no charge, but make note you need to arrive an hour or 2 prior to reservation so you would probably do this if using park hopper. We did this on Easter Sunday and it made parking and getting to and from the park so so simple. The biggest issue we had was housekeeping. Our room, especially the kids area int he room was not clean (wrappers on ground, kids desk not cleaned at all). It was taken care of quickly while we left during our first day. 2 of the other 4 days we had no towels when returning to our room which was frustrating when you want to shower after 10 hours at the park. To their credit, John the GM and Christofina, head of housekeeping (hope that's how you spell it) took care of our issues and returned some points to my account. I was very impressed with how involved John the GM was in the hotel. Often times, GM's are hiding in the back and don't come out unless needed. He was always noticeable at the front desk and very helpful. Parking at night can be tight so try to be back before park closes to get a spot. The last night there, my son got sick and threw up on the bed. He was up all night. In this case, the hotel was very helpful in coming at 10:00pm to change everything on the bed. We heard from multiple people that the flu was going around in Orlando pretty bad. Check out was no problem, and as promised, John said points would be put back on my account within a couple of days. Breakfast the last day was very busy, but this was mainly because we got down there at 9:00am. The earlier you get down to breakfast the better.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Crystal S, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you for being a Marriott Rewards member and thank you so much for choosing Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista for your stay in March. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us but I very sorry to hear that your son became ill on the trip. I hope he is feeling much better! I am glad that our staff was able to help clean your room quickly but I recognize in your response that there were some areas we could have improved and I thank you for sharing that. Your feedback will be shared with the staff and we will address those areas. With that in mind, I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Orlando/Lake Buena Vista and counting you as one of our repeat guests for life! See you next time!

Long Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Needed a last minute room, and was NOT disappointed. Check in was smooth and quick. Staff very friendly. Room was clean and very comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was good and plentiful. Staff kept trays full and asked if anything was needed at tables. Would stay again (and again)

Within a Couple of miles of Shopping, Restaurants and Downtown Disney. I recommend if you want to be close but not stay on Disney Property.

Did not use the pool, but again it looked clean and the people using it seemed happy!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for choosing Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista for your stay in March and thank you for your positive comments! We use all feedback to help train our staff so we can improve your stay each and every time! Thank you again and we appreciate your business!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I was looking for a place to stay with my family near Disney, as a plan B vacation after our spring break trip was ruined. SO glad we decided to try the Residence Inn. No, it's not "fancy" but it was super comfortable and a surprisingly pleasant stay.

I was traveling with 5 adults and an infant in my party, so we wanted a two-bedroom, but since we made our plans last minute (and on spring break peak week) they were all booked. So, we got a one bedroom suite with two queens and sofa bed, and set up a porta-cradle for the baby. It was tight but we didn't feel cramped. The hotel room was impeccably clean. The housekeeping staff is SO nice and accommodating. We got everything we requested very quickly and they even left thank you notes each day (we tipped daily). The breakfast staff and front desk were equally friendly and accommodating. One night during our stay, a family down the hall tripped the fire alarm. The staff had us back in the building in a matter of minutes and the next morning, there was a note under every door from the management, apologizing for the inconvenience caused by the false alarm. I can tell you from experience that this does NOT happen at other area hotels, where they leave you standing in the cold parking lot for an hour with no explanation.

We also had a ground floor suite facing the parking lot away from from the interstate, so noise from outside was not an issue, although the ice maker and AC unit in the room were a bit noisy. We had our own car and so the location was perfect, half-way between Disney and the International Drive/Sea World area, with CVS, Walmart, urgent care clinic, and a ton of restaurants within two or three miles. I would not recommend depending on the Disney shuttle from ANY off-property hotel. They are all slow and crowded.

Another nice thing about this stay was the absence of additional fees. We stay in the area often, but usually at resort properties that charge $15-20/day parking and a resort fee on top of that. None of that here. Just the room price and standard taxes. Combine that with a free breakfast buffet, which was constantly replenished and offered a nice variety of hot and cold foods (the grits and make-your-own breakfast tacos were yummy!) plus free drinks and food on Tue/Wed/Thur nights, and it's a very good value.

What I respect most about this property is that they seem to read and act upon the reviews left here and on other sites. One recent review complained about dirty caulking in the bathroom. I noticed that our room had fresh, bright white caulk. That's why I feel that it is not a waste of time to share my one complaint... the pool towells are horrible! Like doily-sized pieces of sandpaper. Please buy new towells, Residence Inn! And maybe a little splash area for the kids? Still, this wouldn't be enough to prevent a return trip. I'll just bring my own pool towells next time.

Thank you for helping us salvage our vacation!

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor, facing away from the interstate. Request feather pillows. Turn off the ice-mak...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for choosing Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista for your stay in March. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! You are correct in that we do read every review and that we share this feedback with our staff every morning. I can say that our staff is eager to learn what they can do better each day. Thank you for the positive words and even the areas of opportunity with our pool towels. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team. With that in mind, I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Orlando/Lake Buena Vista and counting you as one of our repeat guests for life! See you next time!

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The family and I found a good deal via Expedia with the expectation of a typical Residence Inn: space for the fam and a hearty breakfast each morning. We weren't disappointed. Our room was clean and spacious enough so that we weren't on top of each other for a week.

It was slightly different than a typical Residence Inn that we've stayed at in previous trips. The layout of the complex was in a horseshoe shape with multiple floors. It was a bit different than other Residence Inns, which were separate condos/townhouses. So if you get the family suite, it's not like the standard Penthouse condo with multiple floors. The fam suite is an open spaced with 2 twins next to the kitchen. The master bed is open to the room so if the parents want to be "romantic", you can't just close the door. There was a LCD in each area: kids, master bed, and living/couch area.

Issues with the location: elevator, breakfast, and the complimentary shuttle to Disney World. There are 2 elevators on opposite ends of the location. So if you park outside (which is free) next to the door, that doesn't mean that you have a quick access from the elevator to your room. Expect to walk around the corner, and if you're lucky enough, around the next corner.

The breakfast was "so-so", but then again the hotel is cooking for 300+ people. There were a number of large groups (cheerleading competition) and the eggs can be either overcooked or runny. If that's how you like your eggs, you're in good shape. Beware of the waffle maker that undercooks your Mickey waffle. Use the one that is closest to drink dispensers. There are other choices for breakfast: cereal, bagels, english muffins, toast, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal and grits (or cream of wheat for those non-southerners). There's plenty of juice selections and good ol' coffee.

If you're thinking of not renting a car and just use the free shuttle to get back and forth from Disney, think again. The hotel isn't as close to Disney World as it sounds. You have a good 10-15 minute drive if the street lights are in your favor. Think twice of taking the free shuttle. The driver is on his own time and stops at the Residence Inn and waits a bit for folks to get on. He then makes his next stop at the Hiton Garden Inn, which is 20 feet from the Residence, and then meanders to the Hilton lobby. If you have time, are patient enough, and are willing to stop more than 2-3 more times and wait for the driver, then you'll save some money in parking at Disney World. It'll take time to get to Disney, and they take you to Epcot only. With the wife and kids waiting to go meet Mickey, that didn't happen. We decided to not use the shuttle and drive to/from Disney and Universal. Oh BTW, Universal is just up the road so just go the opposite direction and keep going straight. No need to get on the Interstate.

The staff was very courteous and the rooms were clean. There was one time that nobody cleaned the room, but within minutes of me calling the front desk, there was a maintenance guy at the door with towels and lotion for the rest of the week. Stuff happens and housekeeping has a lot of rooms to clean.

The pool area was nice with a large pool and clean hot tub. Pool towels are easily available. The laundry rooms are spacious and cheap - $1.50 per machine. Detergent is available in the small shop - charge it to the room ($2.00).

So this is a nice place, but understand that it's not close, It's a nice place to stay and rest up for the next round of Mickey and friends.

Room Tip: Try to get something closer to the elevators - the back rooms aren't close.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for coosing the Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista for your stay this month! We do our best to ensure that we offer a great value for our guests and our goal is to make you happy 100% of the time. Not many people realize how easy it is to get to other theme parks from our location so thank you for mentioning that! We hope that we have earned the right to call you a repeat customer and we will look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Orlando/Lake Buena Vista area!

Warm Regards,
Lake Buena Vista

Been to Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!