“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #117 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Houston, Texas
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Like most Residence Inns we have stayed in, this property is not fancy, but it was a comfortable place to stay during our recent trip to Disney World. It was getting fresh carpet and wallpaper while we were there, but the work did not disrupt our stay one bit. The friendly staff went out of their way to make our stay pleasant.

They provide a nice big breakfast, and having the kitchen to make our dinners saved us a bundle and kept us from having to drag exhausted kids to a restaurant. We had lots of room to stretch out, and we enjoyed having a pool and hot tub, even in January. The drive to the Disney properties was not far (a car makes this property MUCH more convenient). There is a Winn Dixie grocery store neary too, where we could stock up on snacks to take with us to the parks.

Overall, this hotel worked much better for us than a hotel on the Disney property would have. We really enjoyed our stay and recommend this hotel if you are looking for comfort and value rather than elegance.

Room Tip: The noise from the freeway is noticable, so try to get a room on the other side. Also, the elevators...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Katie T, Manager at Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Jamie,

Thank you for your response, we have now concluded our hallway refresh and apprecaite your loyalty to our hotel. I'm glad our staff was abel to make your stay relaxing and comfortable. We look forward to being your "home away from home" on future visits to the Orlando area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Fort Myers, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Before I book any hotel, I read reviews from many different sites. I am very interested with the opinions of other travelers. My family is usually on a budget but there is something to say about staying at hotels that are clean, safe and offer nice amenities. I don't like to spluge on hotels but I never try to cheap out and allow a bad hotel experience ruin a trip. I chose the Residence Inn because I felt like I splurged without really doing so.

I've stayed at the Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista twice - the first time was just with my husband, the second time was with our 2 small kids and 10 other families (it was a company trip). After my first stay with them, I felt confident booking the hotel again for my co-workers and their families. They loved it as much as I did.

First, the location is very convenient - very close to all the theme parks and lots of nearby restaurants within a very short drive. The check in was very easy and the staff was wonderful.

The rooms were VERY nice and clean. The beds were so comfortable and we didn't hear our neighbors at all. The extra bonus was the breakfast - lots of great choices (waffles, eggs, bacon, yogurt, cereal, juices, muffins, bagels, etc.) It was nice to have so many choices especially for the kids. There is a nice pool, gameroom and a little on-site store for snacks and drinks

My family is annual passholders at Disney. We travel to Orlando once a month for a little getaway. We used to stay at disney hotels but we quickly learned that unless you spend a ton of money for an on-property suite, spending that kind of money for a standard hotel room just isn't worth it. If you have small kids who need room to move around, a disney resort hotel is not the place for you. The Residence Inn is. There is so much space, the kids had plenty of room to play

My booking agent, Katie Tran, was fantastic. She was so helpful and made both trips pleasurable and memorable.

I will most certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are equally nice. Our latest room was near the elevator but we didn't hea...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jamie,

Thank you for the great review, as Disney pass holders we look forward to being your future "home away from home" when visiting Orlando. The size of our rooms is most definetly a selling point as well as our proximity to the parks. Thank you again for staying with us.
Aurora
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Let me start by saying I was traveling with the wife and 2 toddlers and was using Marriott points so a Residence Inn is perfect for us. I called several days before arriving to see if I would be able to upgrade to a 2 BR suite and was originally told upgrades are subject to availability, when I remarked that an upgrade would determine if I stayed there or looked elsewhere the person on the phone agreed to upgrade me immediately because I am a Platinum level member of the Marriott rewards program. Good start. The location of the property is great in that it is only 15-20 minutes from Disney and away from the bulk of the congestion right around the theme parks. Every staff member we encountered during our 5 day trip was extremely pleasant although the gentleman checking me in acknowledged my platinum status then proceeded to tell me how to operate the room keys, hint: they work like EVERY OTHER electronic key card you have ever used. We were given a room on the 5th floor and after getting off the elevator we realized the hallways on this floor were undergoing a much needed facelift. This is all well and good but why put us in the midst of this work when the hotel is clearly anything but full as this is the slowest week of the year at Disney. I should have gone back and asked for a new room but after unpacking and getting 2 kids settled in I had no interest in going through that process again. Because of this we dealt with smells in the hallway, workers tools laying around, exposed carpet tacks (including right along our door) in the hallway we were navigating multiple times every day. The rooms could use a facelift as well but more importantly housekeeping needs to improve. They appear to give the room a cursory once over with no attention paid to details. The side of the refrigerator is filthy and clearly hasnt been cleaned in a very long time. Every day I would find things they missed such as a plastic spoon on the floor, pieces of cereal apparently dropped by the kids, 2 bottles of conditioner and no shampoo in one bathroom, etc. The breakfast buffet was fine with a decent selection and plenty of food and the pool area is really nice. I met the GM (John) and he is a very nice man who goes out of his way to help the guests but I think its time for him to spend less time in the lobby and more time inspecting some of these rooms. I would have made a more formal complaint had I been paying cash for this room instead of using my Marriott points. Overall I its not a horrible property for those traveling with families but I would encourage you to inspect the room before unpacking to make sure it has been cleaned to a suitable level.

Phil,

Thank you for your comments, we have just concluded a hallway and corridor refresh and thank you for your patience and more importantly your loyalty to the Marriott brands. I have discussed your housekeeping comments with my facilities team and appreciate the opportunity to improve both our product and servcies. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing your again.
Belo Horizonte, MG
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This hotel would have been better had the internet available and the clothes dryer working. It is well located, good parking, pool area is very good. The breakfast is regular and cleanup is good but not excellent. It is close to the Disney parks and Premium Outlets. It has good restaurants nearby pharmacy and supermarket. The traffic is good.

Room Tip: This hotel has large rooms, you need to order and pay for it.
Sanelcosta,

Thank you for the review, we have recenlty upgraded our internet in order to keep up with the everchanging demand and usage needs of our guest. We apprecaite your loyalty to our hotel and look forward to seeing you again.
ARLINGTON
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed here from January 10-14, 2013 and would highly caution against this hotel. Upon arrival, I found the woman at the check-in to be abrupt, short, and unwilling to provide information about the hotel amenities; even the pool operating hours. Furthermore, I was never informed a major pending renovation project on my floor, even though I requested a quieter room. Upon entering the room, I found it to be in unacceptable condition. The bed was not properly made, there was no toilet paper in the room, no information concerning hotel amenities, no soap or shampoo, and there was a small amount of feces in the toilet. I IMMEDIATELY called to explain and was told that all other rooms are "allocated" at this time and because I booked via Priceline, changes of my room cannot be honored. Needless to say, I considered checking out on the spot, regardless whether I would receive a refund for my stay. I stayed, but the entire stay was uncomfortable.

The next evening, I recognized that I had no contact lens solution. A call to the front desk asking if they have any available or sell any led to an abrupt "no." After a drive to a local grocery store to get some and while walking through the lobby the next day, I was shocked to find a large supply of contact lens solution for sale in the gift shop immediately adjacent to the check-in area.

The next day, my room was not cleaned nor serviced. A call to reception for towels led to one hand towel being left at the foot of my door 2 hours later.

The next day, unannounced construction began which was extremely loud. Upon exploring the noise while attempting to sleep, I found that they were replacing the wallpaper and began to replace the carpet on my floor. Upon attempting to leave my room at one point that afternoon, I was told to "wait 5 minutes" so they could finish work. Throughout the day, construction workers brushed against my door, etc. Above all of this, loud music began in the pool area by 8am daily.

I expected much, much more from my stay after reading reviews of the hotel and it did not nearly meet my expectations. Three calls to the reception area to question these discrepancies were unsuccessful, and although I asked to speak to a manager at one point, I never received the opportunity to do so.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thomas,
II want to take the opportunity to thank you for your feedback. Guest feedback is very important to us. We use this to help us continue to improve areas that need it. I will share your comments with our team and I hope next time you are visiting us you will see the difference. Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback!
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife and 3 kids for 2 nights at the end of a 2 week USA trip, having stayed for 4 nights at the Residence Inn Seaworld for 4 nights earlier in the trip. This hotel is significantly better than the sister Seaworld property - smaller, newer, friendlier and in a better location. The room (a 2 bed family suite on the 3rd floor) was very comfortable and ideal for our needs. There is free wifi throughout the hotel (albeit it wasn't working when we were there), a nice pool and plenty of free parking. The only thing to say is that the location is some way out of Lake Buena Vista, so whilst there are plenty of eating and drinking options nearby, you'll need to drive. Overall a great family option that offers super value for money.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Katie T, Sales Manager at Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Antony L,
We are so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your visit and our spacious suite here at Residence Inn LBV. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to complete the review with helpful information for our future guests. As of today, our complimentary wifi throughout the hotel is in working order. We appreciate your feedbacks and your business and we hope to see you and your family again.
Katie Tran
Sales Manager
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

we stayed here 5 nights and had great rooms, excellent housekeeping and hot breakfast including yoghurt fruit parfait. They had a outdoor pool which was heated that helped my kids to enjoy the pool in winter. But more than all that I was impressed by the customer service. I had forgotten my iphone 5 charger, they agreed to ship it at no cost to me, in a box bubble wrapped. This chain truly take care of their customers

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Katie T, Sales Manager at Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Chimtu,
Thank you for taking your time to give us an outstanding review. We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your accommodation and found our amenities to be excellent. My team was also thrilled to learn that their customer service skill has exceeded your expectation. We appreciate your business and your comments and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Orlando.

Katie Tran
Sales Manager

Been to Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!