“Universal Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Drury Inn & Suites Orlando

You added Drury Inn & Suites Orlando to your Saves list
Drury Inn & Suites Orlando
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7301 West Sand Lake Road, Orlando, FL 32819 (Doctor Phillips)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Hot Breakfast & Wifi
Ranked #2 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newport News, Virginia
“Universal Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Booked this hotel based on trip advisor...and glad I did! Great staff at this hotel. They are super friendly...and keep the place spotless. Very classy hotel. Nice rooms. Comfortable beds and pillows. Would stay again. Oh and free breakfast was awesome! Just wish the "kickback" went a little later so we could enjoy after being at the parks all day!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel due to them being a Universal partner, good location (being close to I-4 & International Drive, halfway between SeaWorld and Universal) and wanting to try out the brand. Hotel was impressive. Room was clean. Every morning breakfast was well maintained by smiling, friendly staff members. Front dest was always had multiple friendly, helpful employees. Manager was had a presence of making sure guests were happy. After a long day at theme parks this hotel is a great place to come back to.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed 3 nights at this Drury Inn (April 6-8 of 2014). The place was EXCELLENT. Very friendly staff, Good food included (Biscuits, gravy, sausage, scrambled eggs, waffles, toast, bagels, fruit for breakfast; Dinner had Hot Dogs, Mac & Cheese [Mostaccioli and meat balls one night!] salad, chicken tenders, baked potatoes, etc.) Very clean rooms, great pool, spa, exercise room and convenient location.
Can't stress enough how great and helpful ALL the staff was, from the front desk, to the management, to the food and beverage servers!

Hilliard, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

My husband and I went on our first cruise to Bahamas and we stopped in Orlando for a night and stayed at the Drury Inn and when I say I loved this hotel it is an understatement. We met our friends while we there and they stayed in the hotel as well and we all loved our stay. I loved the 5:00 dinner and popcorn and free drinks. From the time we came into the hotel it was superb customer service. The lady in front was so nice and made sure we got a room even though we came in early. She asked the cooks to see if there was food for us to eat for breakfast and the cooks made sure I had some food and drinks before going into my room for early check in. The room was very clean and the hotel was very quiet and new looking. The whole stay was perfect and I couldnt have asked for anything better. We usually stay at the Hilton or Hyatt and I have never got treated that good as I was at Drury Inn. Wonderful !!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

My family and I truly enjoyed our recent Universal Studios/Orlando vacation and this Drury hotel and its staff played a vital role! Our room was spacious, clean, comfortable- not to mention the convenient location of the property to everything we could ever need. Robert, the Property Manager, was a refreshing delight! He made it a point to visit with guests in the breakfast area on a daily basis and took the time to truly relate and make us feel genuinely welcome. He even cleaned tables, as necessary. Robert should be commended and sets a high bar of excellence! Vicky, head of the kitchen staff, was a gracious, friendly lady who warmed our hearts with her assistance and loving nature. We will definitely choose this hotel again when visiting Orlando for its family atmosphere and quality staff/facilities. We will also gladly recommend it to our friends and family. Thank you, Drury of Orlando- you secured a warm place in The Reed's hearts and made our family memories even more special- God bless. May you continue to be successful as you spread your warm smiles around the sunny state for everyone fortunate enough to come into your path! :) XOXO

Room Tip: Loved our 8th floor room- what a view!
Pepper Pike, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

My wife, nieces (7yrs old), and I had a wonderful experience at the Drury. The location is very convenient -- just off I-4; 15 minutes from the airport. A 7-11 and Wendys share the parking lot; whole Foods and Kmart are within walking distance. The parking lot and exterior are well-lit and kept.
The lobby is spacious and clean. The front desk staff was friendly, very helpful and accommodating, especially Dorothy. Another noteworthy employee is Anthony from housekeeping who quickly and effortlessly fulfilled our request. Our junior suite was very spacious, exceptionally clean and quiet. It was great to have the kids in the living room on the pull out couch, and their own tv. We heard no outside sounds despite facing a busy indoor/outdoor pool/hot tub and intersection.

Its important to note is that free coffee and soft drinks are available 24-7. Breakfast was outstanding with eggs, sausage, biscuits, potatoes along with the usual offerings. Staff are present to replenish and tidy up even until closing time. The G.M introduced himself and was very helpful. Happy Hour provided what amounts to a free dinner--well-prepared potatoes, pasta with meat sauce, hot dogs chicken fingers. A big hit for the youngsters and parents enjoyed it, too (not to mention 3 free adult beverages each).

We like this chain a lot and will continue to go out of our way to stay there.. It was better than their San Antonio property Staff, like the assistant general manager, Kristen Coe, love hospitality and it shows. I've stayed at several properties in the Orlando Park area, and The Drury is my favorite by far.

I'm a tough reviewer and it feels great to be able to give my unqualified approval. Its important to note the value of having breakfast and dinner included in the price and shopping so plentiful and within walking distance.

Room Tip: The Disney fireworks can be seen from odd-numbered rooms; the higher the better
Dunkirk, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I use Trip Advisor when planning my trips and this property caught my eye and I was not disappointed. Our room was very spacious, clean and the bed comfortable. Somehow we got a handicap room, with a rainfall shower head that did not have much water pressure. Check-in and check-out was flawless and all staff were very friendly. We enjoyed their free breakfast and especially the Kickback Happy Hour that we used as dinner one night. The hotel is part of a free shuttle to Universal that we used 1 day but needed a pay a cab back since we dined at City Walk and the shuttle stops running just after the parks close. The hotel is technically within walking distance to Universal but Universal is not very pedestrian friendly, so I recommend the shuttle or driving to the Park.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Orlando? Share your experiences!