“Great value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Drury Inn & Suites Orlando

You added Drury Inn & Suites Orlando to your Saves list
Drury Inn & Suites Orlando
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7301 West Sand Lake Road, Orlando, FL 32819 (Doctor Phillips)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Hot Breakfast & Wifi
Ranked #2 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Cheshire, England
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed first night of our vacation direct from 9 hour flight, before heading to Gulf beaches. Location is close to Northern end of I-Drive, just off I-4 near Universal. Difficult to walk anywhere due to long waits at traffic lights at nearby road junction, but food and 3 drinks provided between 5.30 and 7 were pretty basic but welcome.
Room was large, modern and decently equipped, bed was comfortable and we slept as well as could be expected with jet lag. Breakfast was nothing fancy, but again welcome, and represents this budget option very well.
Personally would not choose to spend more than one night here, but for families and those on a budget it's a very good option.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Even sharing the hotel with high school seniors, my family found this hotel to be quiet and friendly. Rooms were big. Bathtub has shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in large soap dispensers. Plenty of hot water. Huge TVs in both rooms. Free Wifi. Hotel staff are friendly and responsive. The 5:30 p.m. snacks and drinks was good enough that we didn't bother finding a restaurant near by. Breakfast was awesome. Vicky took excellent care of us. We will definitely be back!

San Mateo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed here for 1 week, and had to admit I was quite impressed with it overall. The hotel is new and extremely well maintained. Rooms are bigger and has free WIFI which works quite well. The hotel stuffs are super friendly, it was amazing to see Manager bonding with the people during Breakfast and evening snacks. Oh Did I mention they have manager's special at every evening, which includes wines as well?

Will definitely come back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I don't know what they pay their employees, or what their benefits are, but this hotel is quite possibly the BEST hotel my family has ever stayed at. We travel a lot and used to be die hard Holiday Inn Express type people; that has all changed since we discovered Drury! Special thanks to Bernaty, Vicki, and Robert Allen. The staff is beyond superb, the rooms are fabulous, and the food is perfect for a "normal" family with chicken nugget loving type of kids! I can't say enough other than I wish we could hide this jewel for ouselves!

Room Tip: It depends on what you like, we prefer the top floor overlooking the interstate, the lights during t...
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Choosing a hotel over the internet is always stressful because I'm never sure if the photos and reviews are what I will experience when I get there. I have been dissapointed so many times in the past, but this time I was not. We booked our hotel through Universal's site, it was a package deal and well worth it. We stayed in room 630 and it was a double bed suite. The first thing I checked when we went in the room was to check for clean sheets and for bed bugs. There was none and room was very clean. It had granite floors in the bathroom, matching countertops and very clean. When we arrived all we had to do was give the nice young man my name and id to sign in and we were set. I've been to places where it took us forever to check in. We drove from South Carolina and were very tired, so we decided to eat at the kickback 5:30 meal. Its supposed to be snacks, but it had pasta with maranara sauce, meatballs, salad, hot dogs, baked potatoes, broccoli and cheese soup, and nachos and soft drinks and juice to choose from. We ate and it was good, especially since we were sooo tired from our drive. They also serve a full breakfast in the morning. This worked out really well cause we left early every morning for the Theme Parks, all we had to do was walk down to the breakfast area eat and leave. Food choices for breakfast were, eggs, gravy, biscuits, sausage, hashbrown potatoes, bagels, muffins, donuts, fruit, juice, coffee, belgium waffles, oatmeal, and cereal. It does get crowded after 9am in the breakfast area, but no so much that you cant get a table or anything. Eating breakfast here saved us money because we would eat a large breakfast and not get hungry until late in the day. Also, all of the staff was very helpful and friendly. On our last night there, I was awoken from some kids across the hall at 1:30am running in and out of the room. I called down to the front desk the man thanked me for calling and said he would be up right away. He was, it was about a minute later and he was knocking on their door. Not sure where the parents were, but the hotel staff took care of it and I wasn't bothered anymore. The hotel is very close to everything. The is a Whole Foods across the street, Kmart behind it, and restaurants right down the road on I drive. Also, Universals theme parks are a mile down the road and Disney is about 6 miles according to our GPS. Since the hotel is so close to I-4, traffic is heavy, but not anything we couldn't handle. We didn't swim in the pool so I can't comment on it, but it looked nice. Overall, our stay was great and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Our room was 630, our view was I-4, but it didn't bother us at all.
São Paulo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My overall experience was very nice, I think when we are in Orlando all that we need is a clean and comfortable room and this hotel provided me that. The breakfast was OK, don't create expectations on this because it's not for you to enjoy but not to stay hungry. Internet is free and good, parking was also good. Location is perfect and staff was very nice. There is a Whole Foods supermarket just crossing the street. Many shops in a walking distance, even people don't walk around there, just drive.

Room Tip: From my room 521 I was able to watch Magic Kingdom fireworks.
Charlton, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here as a packaged deal with Universal Studios and were not disappointed. The hotel is new and well maintained. The rooms and bathrooms are large as well as the breakfast. All the staff we spoke too were friendly and able to answer all our questions. Every morning at breakfast we were greeted by the manager. The staff working at the breakfast were helpful making sure everything was stocked. Vickii was pleasant to speak to during our time there.
The pool was a good size. Part of the pool was indoor and the larger portion was outdoor and you can swim between the two. Never ran out of towels.
This hotel is located directly off the highway. Sometimes we heard cars/motorcycles but muted and never kept us awake
Though it seems nothing is around the area, that is not true. With help of the staff we found out across the street (with crosswalks) their is a plaza with a Whole Foods store, restaurants and other businesses. A 5 minute walk in the other direction lead us to more stores and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Orlando? Share your experiences!