“Great home base when visiting Orlando” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Drury Inn & Suites Orlando

You added Drury Inn & Suites Orlando to your Saves list
Drury Inn & Suites Orlando
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7301 West Sand Lake Road, Orlando, FL 32819 (Doctor Phillips)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Hot Breakfast & Wifi
Ranked #2 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Great home base when visiting Orlando”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just back from a 7 night stay at the Drury Hotel. Good location by the highway and close to all major attractions. This is a newer hotel with friendly staff. The rooms are very clean, WI-fi works very well and the breakfast was a good start to the day although it would have been nice to have more fruit variety.

The 5:30 kick back would probably not be "doctor recommended" but did the job for the first 2-3 days and then got old quick since the menu alternates every second day. Three complimentary drinks are included every night per person but if you miss a night, you loose your drinks. I asked for a fourth drink one night and was told that this was not possible... pretty cheap policy especially considering a week`s stay!

In any event, this hotel remains a very good choice and excellent value when visiting Orlando and staying outside the pricier Disney Resorts.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Disney side and you can peak at the fireworks every night. Also, ask for a hig...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was our first stay at this hotel. We were a family of four including two teenagers. Chose an extended room that included a pullout couch and two queen beds. Comfortable accommodations, super easy checkin, friendly staff, and clean modern hotel. Loved the included breakfast and evening kickback of free food and drinks. Definitely will stay again.

• Stayed February 2013
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed here based on the reviews and freebies. The room was very spacious and clean. The free breakfast was pretty good.

The free dinner was ok. It's just hot dogs, chips, chilli and some other little things. The hot Dog and Mac and cheese was the main attraction. But I guess I can't complain, it was free.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Having previously had no experience with the brand, I was very curious to see the #1 hotel in Orlando. The big difference from other hotels is the quantity of freebies - breakfast, afternoon kickback incl. three alcoholic drinks per day, soda and coffee available throughout the day, popcorn, parking, no resort fee etc. All those combined make the place a great value, however the rooms do not differ much from other places nearby. On the plus side - good soundproofing, quiet aircon, extremely fast wifi, coffee maker and a microwave. On the downside - limited toiletries in the bathroom, limited housekeeping, no room service. The hotel is also somewhat off International drive, hence getting around without a car is not really easy, as getting to the nearest trolley stop requires crossing a highway ramp. All in all, this place is very popular with families and bus tours - and rightfully so, however I fail to see the big reason making it #1 in the city. One last mention - over my frequent hotel stays, I have never seen such a committed hotel manager as Mr.Allen. Cleaning tables in the morning, helping guests with luggage, assisting behind the front desk, asking guests their feedback - this manager really breathes with the facility he is running. Just keep going.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We, my wife and 2 sons, stayed at the Drury for two nights. Check in was very fast and the staff we encountered all seemed very friendly and helpful. Our room was your standard 2 bed hotel room. Nothing too fancy, but everything seemed clean and comfortable. We spent a little time at the hotel and enjoyed the free popcorn and sodas at night. We missed the free snacks and drinks but it seems like a nice perk if you can take advantage. The pool was fine, half indoor and half outside and there was a small gym which we didn't have time to really explore. One of the nicest thing was the free breakfast. They offered quite a good selection and with two small boys it was a perfect start before heading out to the parks. Overall it is a nice place to stay. Clean and somewhat of a good value - they dont add on anything for parking and a resort fee. Nothing too fancy and not on par with some of the big resorts, but for the money it was clean, convenient, friendly, and a pretty good value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Orange County, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

There's not much to the "grounds" of this hotel - it's mostly parking lot and a very nice pool area that the families really seemed to take advantage of. I didn't get a chance to enjoy it myself, since I had a terrible outbreak of contact dermatitis after the first night, due to the detergents used on the bedding. My skin isn't usually sensitive, but I had a bad enough outbreak to have my dermatologist call in a prescription cream for me. Luckily, EVERYTHING that you could possibly want is within a 5 minute drive of this property. I was able to swing by Walgreens, pick up dinner, and also buy some bed sheets for my stay (hotel does not have an onsite laundry, so I opted to buy a new set of sheets rather than 'tough it out' on the ones that made me itchy). There are tons of restaurants nearby, and Universal is just minutes away. I stayed on the 2nd floor, overlooking the pool, and my room was very quiet. I barely heard the kids splashing and playing outside. :)

Parking is ample and the building can be accessed from 3 sides, which is very helpful for getting in/out in a hurry.

The food buffets looked and smelled nice, but since I was on a business trip I never had an opportunity to take advantage, except for the popcorn. But the dining room area was packed every morning and evening, so the food must have been good - and, hey, it's free, right?

I was surprised that the Universal Studios desk didn't offer any discounted rates (I believe if you were buying more than 4 tickets to both parks, there was a discount, but everything else was more expensive than the internet rate -- this is what the lady working there told me. It was $2 more for a one-day ticket, but I didn't have to "print it myself"). The hotel's small business center has free computers and printers and I would advise that you check out the prices online before buying from the desk. I also overheard some of the folks using the free transportation complaining about the travel time - I believe the shuttle stops at multiple hotels. It's worth looking in to, if you're short on time. The theme park entrance is honestly just minutes away - a taxi may cost less than parking.

For a business traveler, this hotel was great. It was easy to get to, easy to leave, very close to the freeway (just at the other end of the parking lot!) and near to everything you'd want. The Disney World resort was a quick 10 minute trip for me, daily. It's probably not a "selling point" but I appreciated the 7-11 that was just steps away from the hotel - perfect for that late-night candy craving! Also, the hotel's wifi was EASY to connect to (no passwords, no log-in screens) and extremely strong. I was able to get a fair amount of work done AND stream movies via Netflix. Most hotels have really unreliable wifi, so this was a pleasant surprise.

The housekeeping leaves a note upon check-in that says that they will change your linens every 4 days. This wasn't a problem for me, but it is worth noting that their daily "room service" is really just making the bed and swapping the towels. Nothing in my room was cleaned/swept/vacuumed during my 6 day stay. Since I was traveling solo, it wasn't a big deal, but if you're sharing space be sure to rinse your hair out of the bathtub and organize your toiletries nicely. :)

If I return to Orlando for a personal trip, I would certainly consider this property again. The rates are very fair and include so many nice amenities (like the meals) that it more than makes up for the plain-jane exterior.

Room Tip: I overheard some of the folks using the free transportation complaining about the travel time - I be...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Bolton England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed for 9 nights from the 18th January to the 27th January and we were very happy with the accommodations. The room was really nice and the beds very comfortable. When we first arrived the toilet had not been cleaned properly and the bedside table still had a sticky surface. This was the only glitch in the whole time we were there. The breakfast was plentiful and you would not go hungry. The waffle machines worked overtime whilst we were there. The food in the evening was also plentiful, and the three alcoholic drinks in the evening very nice indeed, plus free popcorn and sodas for anyone wanting it in the afternoon. We added some food from Publix to add some variety to the food offered.
The pool area, whilst not overly large was good. The pool was inside and outside, with a jacuzzi ( hot tub). There is a small gym as well.
The location suited us as well it is just off the I-4 junction 74, we found that we were accessible to all areas. There are restaurants on Sand Lake Road ( in walking distance)if you want a change from the food in the hotel, also Publix and Walmart not to far away.
The staff were very pleasant and always asking if everything was OK. I would seriously recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Orlando? Share your experiences!