“A Solid Choice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 328 hotels in Orlando
South Florida
“A Solid Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

With all the positive reviews, I decided to gamble on the Drury Inn & Suites in Orlando for a three-night stay in October. The hotel certainly lived up to expectations, and I can easily recommend the property.
What’s good: Our suite was roomy, clean, and well appointed, with a door separating the bedroom from the rest of the suite. The bathroom was strategically located outside of the master bathroom. No matter what time of the day or night, we got service with a smile from the front desk.
The location is great, just off I-4 and very close to International Drive, so you really have great access to any of the parks. It’s also a quick drive to restaurants and the convention center. The hotel is built behind a 7-11, so you can literally walk to the convenience store without leaving the parking lot – and you won’t need to search for a place to fill your gas tank.
The free breakfast area was one of the better ones I’ve experienced, with plenty of seating and plenty of choices. We didn’t use the fitness area, but it includes several choices for cardio work. The pool was clean and well maintained, and having an indoor section was a nice touch.
Nitpicks: Really not much wrong with the property, but I would encourage management to turn up the temperature a bit in the “heated” pool and lower the temperature a bit in the hot tub. Also, our suite had a security chain/bar on the door, but it was installed near the doorknob – within easy reach our young daughter (really needs to be higher). And neither my wife nor I were impressed with the pillows. Pretty minor stuff, all things considered, and they certainly won’t prevent me from pricing this hotel for future visits to Orlando.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

885 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
brussels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Used to staying in 5 star hotels or super boutique places i felt like i was taking a gamble in booking what is a relatively low cost hotel. Well was i surprised! Lets start with the room. I had a King Size bed, amazingly comfortable, air con that worked with no noise so efficiently it was brilliant . The bathroom so well thought out, a walk in shower with a small seat. Clever, in fact everything about the room was clever. The lamps with 4 plug sockets built in, don't you hate those hotels with not enough power! A flat plasma TV , 24mb internet on wifi was just super. Tne you get a free breakfast and free snacks and drinks in the evening. No its not gourmet but when you are spending days out shopping or theme park riding it just works. Dont expect 5 star food. do expect good honest deal. You want more , go to Denny's for breakfast but it worked for us. Top be honest the staff were amazing , Robert the manager cares so much, the team at this hote made us feel so wanted! Friendly, warm welcome, caring, enthusiastic . I cant praise this hotel and its people enough and I will go back. No its not five star - IT Defines a new model, ALL STAR. Well done Drury Inn.

Room Tip: KIng Size room's are great and don't worry if you can see the highway - no noise through the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed at Drury Inn for 7 nights in October. We had a late check-in around 11pm or so, and upon walking in, I instantly knew I had made the right decision. This hotel is wonderful. SUPER CLEAN! FRIENDLY STAFF! And as they say THE EXTRAS DON'T COST EXTRA!!! The next time I stay in Orlando, I will not bother to look anywhere else as I know how wonderful I feel in this hotel.
The air conditioning is wonderful! The view from the top is gorgeous. The linens feel fresh, smell fresh. The beds and pillows are wonderful! Again everything is clean, clean, clean!! I had to use the business room a few times to access a computer, and it was so nice to have that available to me as I planned last minute vacation activities. I did not use the onsite pool, as we were too busy out and about. The complementary breakfast as so wonderful. While I stayed there they had eggs (ham, salsa and cheese on the side), biscuits and gravy, breakfast potatoes, several types of cereal, yogurt, granola, fresh fruit, donuts, muffins, oatmeal, waffle makers, juice, great coffee, fresh cream for the coffee. This meal kept us well fed before heading off to the parks each day. We only made it back to the hotel in time to eat dinner one time. I can't remember all that they had available but it included, salad, pasta and meatballs. Sadly, I also never made it back in time to enjoy the complimentary adult beverages, but it looked like it would have been wonderful. The staff was incredibly friendly. The maid service is awesome!!! I had a nice conversation with the Assistant Manager Kevin, and he was kind, engaging and passionate about the service provided to his guests. Each night, upon returning to the hotel after a long day at the parks, it was so comforting to walk into our hotel room. It really felt like home for us. We snuggled right into our beds. The hot shower, and water pressure called my name and I took a shower every morning and every night because I just loved it so. I just simply, can not wait to go back again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Spent one night here while traveling with my daughter. The staff is extremely friendly from the desk to the kitchen folks. Happy hour is a nice touch with complimentary food and beverages. Our room was very clean, the shower has a huge shower head with nothing but plentiful hot water coming out. (they don't have those water saver heads that give only a mist).
The two queen size beds were very comfy as well as big fluffy pillows.

We slept so well we were late for breakfast and missed most of it. The kitchen staff hooked me up though and are really nice folks.
My room was $101.00 including all the taxes and Fl. Resident discount, very good value. The Inn is in a perfect location for most theme parks and right off I - 4

Room Tip: We stayed in room 218. It has 2 queen size beds and is located very close to the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Opened 3 months ago and as you would expect everything is clean and in great shape. The beds and pillows are super comfortable. Microwave and fridge in the room are very convenient. Location is perfect with easy access to theme parks and downtown area. Free breakfast was plentiful and above average. The staff is friendly and helpful. My only complaint was that our room was close to the gym and we were awakened at 730 am on Sunday by someone on a treadmill. Thin walls? Other than that this is a great place.

• Stayed November 2012
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We had a perfect stay here! Started on arrival when we arrived at 9 am hoping to park our car at the hotel and take the shuttle to the park. Not only were we allowed to use the shuttle early, but they even let us check in! The room was great, very clean and larger the average size standard. Comfy beds, mini fridge, microwave and an awesome shower made things even better. We came back from the park in time for the manager's reception - it was definitely dinner for us with nachos, soup, hot dogs, pasta and meatballs and baked potatoes. The lobby is bright and pretty and everyone was super nice. A very short bus ride to Universal. Pool was very clean and was indoor/outdoor and there was a hot tub also. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Very impressed- room was spacious, staff helpful and courteous and overall value was great.

This is a pet friendly hotel so be prepared to see dogs. The hotel is in Orlando, so expect to see families with small, noisy children.

Other than that, the hotel is exceptional. Three free drinks with snack bar at night. Breakfast was significantly better than what you'd find at a Hampton Inn. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Orlando? Share your experiences!