“Wonderful Experience - Highly Recommend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Beach Club Villas

You added Disney's Beach Club Villas to your Saves list
Disney's Beach Club Villas
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Epcot Resorts Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #95 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
fort worth
“Wonderful Experience - Highly Recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2007

Our first family trip to Disneyworld and I wasn't sure what to expect after reading some terrible reviews online. So I had moderate- low expectations about our visit. Well I was surprised, everything other than a slight hiccup on our room reservation when we checked in - went smoothly. Magical Express was wonderful, got our bags within 3 hours in our room - not the long wait as some commented here. The villas were clean, not worn as I had been reading and our 1 bedroom was roomy for the four of us. Everything was well kept up and didn't look like an old property. The walk to the pool wasn't too far at all from our villa and the pool is awesome. It was the highlight of our trip with our 1 year old and 5 year old girls. The buses were fast and efficient. We never waited more than 5-10 minutes to catch one to a park. And best of all, the walk to Epcot - how wonderful to just walk up about a 5 minute walk to enter the park. Plus the friendly staff - we were impressed especially with the patient gals who folded towels into animals (free) for the kiddos in the lobby -nice touch. Everyone greeted us just fine. Loved the marketplace where you can grab a quick bite to eat - sandwiches though pricey were quite good and gourmet. Beaches and Cream soda shop was excellent and well-priced. Cape May Cafe was decent but we aren't big buffet eaters. Walk to boardwalk was very nice and we could have coffee and watch the magic kingdom fireworks from there. Again, location was great. We wanted to be able to walk to a park - like Epcot and it was a perfect location for us. I highly recommend the beach club villas and the beach club in general - the pool was wonderful and worth the trip alone. We will definitely come back!

• Liked — Location and Swimming Pool
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Allentown NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2007

Rented a villa direct from a timeshare owner.. Saved oodles of
money - I believe we paid less than half of what the hotel room rate would have been. We had a studio villa - in the world of Disney - this is basically a hotel room with a small refrigerator,
wet bar sink, microwave, and toaster. It would have been very
difficult to actually attempt to prepare a meal........
Thankfully, we had purchased the Disney Dining Plan, so food
prep was not an issue. As an aside, I cannot recommend strongly enough the dining plan!! It was so convenient, and we
certainly never went hungry!!! However, this was our third visit to Disney in as many years, so we were not part of the mad dash to see every attraction...
The grounds of the Beach Villas are very nice, well kept....
the water slide at the main pool area can keep a child entertained for many hours. My husband and I far preferred the private "Villa Pool" - of course, no waterslide!! But, for peace and quiet, and the ability to actually secure a chair, it's great!
We had the character breakfast buffet at the Cape May Cafe -
I highly recommend this ! Food choices were plentiful, there was something to satisfy everyone. Reservations are a must to get in here, however....
I would agree with other reviews indicating the condition of the
villas starting to deteriorate - a renovation/remodel is definitely in order.... The rooms are clean, and acceptable - but for a Disney property(and Disney prices), I would consider them substandard.

• Liked — proximity to Epcot
  • Disliked — extremely crowded - but, it IS Disney after all!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cherry Hill, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2007

Our family vacation to Disney World was NOT my idea of a relaxing vacation. But staying at the Beach Club Villas turned out to be the best of the Disney "world." After reading reviews about "rundown, shabby rooms," I was concerned. I was worried for nothing. While apparent roofing was going on in one unoccupied section of the Beach Club (adjacent to Villas) there was carpet replacement going on in some of Villas hallways including our floor. You couldn't find a nicer group of workmen. They were quiet, extremely neat, always said "hello" and never upset your walks down the hall during their work day. Our studio room was just right for my husband, me and 13 year-old son. I was surprised there were only paper plates and plastic wear in the mini-kitchen. We did have to ask for more coffee packets and plastic wear during our 6-night stay. Many people complained about the long walk from the Villas to the hotel area and the pool. Disney does everything BIG! It's not an intimate resort. You have to walk to get everywhere. If you don't like walking; don't choose Disney. The Ship Shape health club was fantastic with more than a dozen cardio machines; ample weight machines and free weights and mats and pilates balls along with whirlpool, steam and sauna rooms. I visited three times during our stay. You can even get a card to swipe yourself in outside of the 6 a.m.-9 p.m. hours. The three-acre Stormalong Bay pool is the heartbeat of the place for families. For a hot August visit to Disney World, it was wonderful for the three of us to come back to the huge free-formed pool with awesome pirate-ship-like slide and kids pool games in the afternoon. There are also quiet pools; one each for the Villas and hotel. The Cape May Cafe's nightly clam bake was outstanding. All the disney dining was great ESPECIALLY with the Dining Plan. For our family of 3, the approximate $100 per day cost was well worth it. There are no menu restrictions, especially at the casual dining and Signature dining experiences. It's SO much food that we sometimes got TWO meals and that was enough for the three of us. We added up the cost of our 4 casual dining and one signature dining experience (Signature Dining =2 casual dining credits) and they paid for the cost of the dining plan. Tax and Tip is included; alcoholic beverages are NOT included. We ended our 6-night stay with two quick service meals and three snacks unused. There are dozens of Disney Dining choices, so you do NOT have to eat burgers and fries for a week. Salads, wraps, low fat muffins, fruit smoothies are all part of the plan. Do stay away from Restaurantesaurus in Animal Kingdon's Dinoland. It is really a McDonald's, though I did find a veggie burger. The Hollywood and Vine character lunch buffet at MGM was outstanding as was the upscale (Signature Dining) Flying Fish on the Boardwalk across from the Beach Club. Be sure to ask for any substitutions that you might want such as getting a salad and shrimp cocktail from an appetizer menu at dinner instead of dessert. You could get very fat on this plan if you let yourself go!
Disney and their cast members go out of their way to make you happy and welcomed at every turn. ASK for what you want or need and they will probably find a magical way to make just about anything happen for you.

• Liked — Stormalong Bay (pool)
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2007

we are dvc members since 2000. We love staying at the Beach Club where all the amenities are included for a special vacation.
The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble if you require assistance.
In particular the transporation system is superb, a 2 minute walk from your state room and you can take a ride to all the parks - wonderful.

• Liked — convienience
  • Disliked — nil
  • Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jonesborough, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2007

We stayed in the villas for our honeymoon and absolutely loved it. During our week stay Prince Charming and Cinderella left an autographed card and balloons congratulating us on our wedding! It is just a few minutes' walk from Epcot and a little longer walk to MGM. It was spacious and had all the amenities we needed including a washer/dryer, kitchen, jacuzzi, etc. It was very private and we never heard the other guests. The boardwalk was also a great place to go at night, there is a lot going on with the restaurants, the boats, the clubs, the street vendors etc. I only wish we could afford to stay here the next time we go back to Disneyworld... well worth the expense for the honeymoon.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled as a couple
the south
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2007

So i just returned from a stay at the beach club villas.
This was my first time staying at the resort. I must say that after my stay here, i probably won't be back. I'm a much, much bigger fan of Old Key West. Lets start off with the pros shall we:

Pros:
1. Literally 3 minutes walking distance to epcot
2. Very close, maybe 7 minute walk from the boardwalk
3. Stormalong Bay (very imperssive pool, love the sand bottom and all the ducks that swim with you!!!)
4. Pretty quick elevators in the building
5. Not very spacious, but clean. I'll give it that.

Cons:
1. People can complain all the want to about old key west bus system, we still waited for a bus for over half an hour to the magic kingdom from the beach club. Also, the mere fact that same bus system is used for the beach club, yacht club, and the villas makes the bus quite packed. We found ourselves standing more often than we did when we stayed at old key west. I've never seen a bus not be able to let everyone waiting at a stop on the bus in the morning.
2. The patio to this place really stinks. it is literally a small strip with 2 chairs and a little tiny table. Sorry guess i'm used to old key west here, where they have a huge table, chairs, and a ceiling fan if i remember correctly.
3. You can't park your car right outside the door!!!! miss that from old key west!
4. The living room and kitchen if you get a 1br or more is sooo tiny. Again i'm used to old key west where they have a sofa, love seat, dining table, and another comfy chair to sit in, and an actual full size fridge, and island in the kitchen, with nice utensils and plates, etc. The beach club stuff (plates, utensils, cups, etc.) is cheap cheap cheap, the fridge is about half the size, you have a couch and chair to watch tv, a bar that faces away from the center of the room, and an annoying one-sided booth for a table. I think disney must have figured out that they made old key west too big and could down-size from there.
5. The pool, wow it's a nice pool and go in the mornings if you want to really enjoy it, because holy cow, it is PACKED in the afternoon and almost impossible to find a chair ( but i gotta admit i have beef with most of the pools at disney because of the lack of chair/tables).
6. I found it extremely annoying that they have a little alcove outside that has become a smokers hangout where people walk by, i started taking a longer route to avoid this. We had a person start smoking right beside us at the pool also!!! I got a little ill and got a worker to talk to them. My mom got so peeved she up and left yelling her head off plenty loud for the lady smoking to hear, but that lady just ignored her. If you can't tell i have a lot of beef with smoking too, sorry if you're a smoker, but you should realize just how badly smoke drifts and makes everything nasty, including your lungs. Chantix people.... try chantix, in the long run i'm sure it will save you money and hopefully let you live longer :)
7. I gotta say the grounds aren't all that nice. I like the outdoorsy feel of the wilderness lodge villas or the tropical feel of old key west or the polynesian better.
8. I think this is the first time we haven't gotten what re requested for our room view. We are always by the water on old key west and on the first floor. This time we had a perfect view of the front entrance of the hotel on the thrid floor at the beach club, but whatever, i don't think the beach club villas have quite the same view capabilities in general that old key west has.

Ok so i'm probably sounding a little biased right? Haha, I am most likely. It's just that i was really excited about this resort, and kinda got let down. I'd go back to this resort if i planned on being by the pool all day and then going to the boardwalk at night, but no so much for it's benifit to the parks (epcot is the only really close one, mgm semi-close). I'll stay here if i ever plan on not going to the parks and just want to stick around the resort for my entire vacation. From now on i think my family is going to stick to old key west and maybe the wilderness lodge villas (we stayed there once and they seemed to be more spacious as well). I wish the polynesian had villas (now that is a gorgeous resort).

P.S. the weather sucked while we were down there,... that might lead me to a more hostile opinion of this place too.

On a side note, by far the most exciting moment of this past vacation was riding the 6 person bicycle around the boardwalk!!! So much freaking fun! Gotta admit, I am a fan of the boardwalk now.

Stayed July 2007
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2007

We have stayed at Disney so many times, and this is the first time we were unhappy. When entering the room, we found the room completly unclean! The rugs were so stained that I would not let the children take off their shoes. The tub was molded, and the room was just not clean. We did switch to another room, but the rooms are old. The hallway floors of the Villas are also filthy. I think that for close to five hundred dollars a night a clean room is expected. I will complement the hotel staff on being very friendly. We love Disney and hope that they will rehab the Beach Club Villas.

Stayed June 2007

Been to Disney's Beach Club Villas? Share your experiences!