As a DVC Member, this is my home resort.
The location is great. You have the Boardwalk and EPCOT within walking distance. After a day in another park, you can still walk over to EPCOT to watch the fireworks, have a drink and/or dessert in France. Between that and the shops/restaurants on the Boardwalk, you have a good selection and variety. Hollywood Studios is a longer walk or a boat ride away.
Since we don't rent a car and don't go off property, we ordered some groceries in advance (bottled water, gatorade, chips, etc), which were in the room when we arrived. It's pricey but a nice convenience.
The units are spacious - plenty of room in a one bedroom or two bedroom units. Full kitchens, nice sized bathrooms, and living/eating areas. TVs in the bedrooms and living area. Our unit was starting to show some wear and tear but it was clean and spotless. We never felt cramped and everyone could spread out.
The Wi-Fi was horrible, constantly dropping your connection. It was barely usable. We had iPads, Android phones, and windows laptops - all devices were having problems. Never had that problem with Wi-Fi before.
There is a main pool area/slides, which can get rather crowded but great for kids, and another quieter pool area in the Villas area. Stormalong Bay is great for kids (and adults who want to play like kids).
Beach Club Marketplace has counter service (limited meal selections - pizza/flatbread and a few sandwiches) and a wide selection of beverages and snacks. But it hits the spot when you want a snack. It can get rather crowded and hectic during meal times and in the evenings.
Plus with the meal plan you get a refillable mug for soft drinks/coffee/tea. The mugs now have a programmed chip in them, programmed for your length of stay.. The soda dispenser reads the chip to validate you are using a valid mug or it will not dispense soda. Guess there must have been abuse of the previous "on your honor" system.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Beach Club Villas wrap leisure, elegance and romance into a full-service New England-style Disney Deluxe Villa Resort. Adjacent to Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, this community of Studios and Villas shares the beachside delights of 25-acre Crescent Lake and the high-spirited fun of Stormalong Bay - a 3-acre water wonderland—featuring waterfalls, a lazy circular river, a waterslide and an elevated tanning deck to let you soak up the sun's golden rays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Disney's Beach Club Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Beach Club Villas Hotel Orlando
- Disneys Beach Hotel
- Disney Beach Club Villas
- Disney Beach Hotel
- Disneys Beach Club Villas