We are DVC members and it was our first time staying at BCV we stayed June 2-9th in a Deluxe Studio.
Now for some random musings about Beach Club at WDW
1. I had done online check in and provided my credit card, however when we arrived at BCV they had no record of it. Boo! I had to give my credit card information again.
2. Our room was 205 Deluxe Studio, with courtyard/main entrance view. I enjoyed the view for excellet people watching. The room itself was fine, except the carpet is wearing thin and needs replacing and the fridge smelled slightly of mildew so I had to leave it open for a few hours before using it. We thought it was much quieter than our room at the Boardwalk in September, however, we think we preferred our stay at the Boardwalk because we like the restuarants over there and the BW is smaller.
3. Weather was mostly overcast, hot and humid with heavy rains and tornado warnings on Thursday June 6th and a major thunderstorm in the afternoon/evening Sat June 8th.
4. Loved BCV for the close/walkabe location to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.
5. We liked the pool at the BCV both Stormalong Bay and the slide was fast, and the quiet pool at the Vilas.
6. The pretzels in Germany are a great snack and huge.
7. Loved the Grey Goose Slushie in France, they had lemonade flavor and cranberry flavor when we there.
8. Bakery in France opens at 9 am and serves beer and champagne at 9 am. W had drinks before 10 am there twice, and I believe they serve there entire menu all day. We had baguette and cheese platter for breakfast, the baguette sandwiches looked excellent and large enough to share.
9. Garden Grocer delivered on time and accurate order, 2 thumbs up.
10. Owner's Locker pickup and delivery were seamless, another 2 thumbs up.
11. Loved the new Fantasy Land especially the Beast's Castle.
12. Ate dinner at Be Our Guest, 6 month reservation required. Salmon was excellent we ordered Veuve Cliquot $75.00 a bottle, I felt this was a great price. Dessert was the chocolate cupcake, it was awesome. We had photos with the Beast and enjoyed our experience. Next time we will try lunch!
13. Cantaloupe and Cucumber Salad at Backlot Express, (vegan ) excellent value at $6.99 and the champagne vinegratte was better than that served at Be our Guest.
14. Bus service was spotty a few times. Overall the driver's were friendly.
15. Boardwalk Bakery was open and doing a brisk business we did a walk by of the dessert case, however, never ended up going back to buy anything.
16. Loved AK , ate at Yak and Yeti , the lunch was the best all around service and meal we had during our stay. Safari was excellent we went early, first ride early morning hours and saw all the animals.
17 Excellent fruit salad at Tamu Tamu AK.
18. Thursday we went to extra morning hour during the rain storm and we rode 10 rides in under an hour and a half, including Peter Pan, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and ThunderMountain Railroad, etc. Poncho'd up.
19.Friday we went to Star Wars Weekend, weather was great that day and we have a wonderful time. The Parade and Hoopla were notably awesome.
20. Ate dinner at Jiko our last night. The food was amazing, however it took a long time for our entrees to arrive. I would eat there again, if there is a slightly different menu. I had duck my husband had beef short ribs. No dessert.
21. Wifi has improved since our stay in Sept 2012 at BWV.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.