“Fantastic location and amazing service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Beach Club Villas

Save Saved
You added Disney's Beach Club Villas to your Saves list
Disney's Beach Club Villas
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Epcot Resorts Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #77 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Lachine, Quebec, Canada
“Fantastic location and amazing service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband, my 3 years old and I stayed in a studio at the Beach Club Villas for 6 nights and we really enjoyed our stay.

The hotel location is great to visit Epcot. The boat rides are a fun way to go on the boardwalk and to shop or have a bite.

The Villas section is very quiet and perfect for families. Although, the furniture is outdated and the beds would need to be replaced soon (the sofabed was actually more comfortable than the bed). When we made our reservation, we didn’t know that the rooms in the main building were renovated (the pictures posted on the Website were not updated at the time) and that we could ask for a microwave to be added to our room.

After discussing with the front desk staff, they suggested that next time we stay in a main building room that includes mini-fridge and ask for a microwave.

The staff of this hotel is one of the most dedicated one I have seen. We will for sure go back to this hotel next time we go to Disney.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Portage, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Room was nice and we had a very large balcony... It was just myself 35 and my wife 30.. First time staying at a DVC resort and maybe it was just timing but the staff was not as friendly or helpful as the other resorts that we've stayed at Disney... We go to DW at least twice a year... It also felt like it was geared toward retirees... The Boardwalk is certainly more our speed and in our opinion much better service...

A posative would be that the Yacht and Beach club has the most amazing pool on property with beaches and a really cool pirate slide... If you are heck bent on staying at the Yacht and Beach Club, Id highly recommend the Yacht club over the Beach club for two main reasoons..

1. The staff is much more helpful and friendly at the Yacht Club.

2. The Yacht Club is where all the restaurants, bars, pool ect.. are located..

P.S. the bearded bartender at the ESPN club needs to go he's been there sense the place openned and now believes that it is his place and you are disturbing him to say the least beyond that Gili is still there and still amazing!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed here one night prior to spending 6 nights at the Yacht Club. Check in was slow as we had someone "earning their ears". The common areas - lobby, solarium, etc. - were well kept and updated.

The sandwich I ordered at the marketplace deli was among the worst I have ever eaten - not fit for anyone.

The room - a studio - was very, very very outdated. The couch looked like it came from my fraternity house circa 1996.

The bed, however, was the most comfortable disney property bed I have ever experienced.

The only real problem we experienced was when we called the bell stand and asked them to get our luggage and take it to the Yacht Club. They refused saying they had to transfer it as opposed to just wheel it over there. They were not nice about it. The bell service within Disney leaves a lot to be desired.

This was the very definition of an average property.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
East Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I am a DVC member and this was the first time I've stayed at the Beach Club villas. You simply cannot beat the location. You can walk to EPCOT in 5-7 minutes and take the boat over to DHS. The pool at the Beach Club is by far the best on property. It is also very large and easy to find a chair. Dining on the Boardwalk is also a short walk over. The rooms are pretty drab and need updating. Carpet were stained and the walls in the room were scrathed and in need of a paint job. Linens, carpet, comforter, and drapes need a serious update.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Southern Pines, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We were in 342, which is a dedicated 2 bedroom, from 21 to 28 Jan. The rooms are standard old DVC layout, (the newer DVC villas like Animal Kingdom Kidani and Bay Lake offer 2 bathrooms in 1 bedrooms and 3 in 2 bedrooms, the old ones are 1 to 1 and 2 to 2), are very clean, and mostly up to date. Because we had 4 kids with us, we had requested a room near the famous Stormalong Bay pool complex. Once we checked in, we realized that wasn't really possible in a villa. The Beach Club is part deluxe resort and part DVC. This is true at many other Disney resorts that I have stayed, (Animal Kingdom, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Saratoga Springs), but Beach Club was the first time I felt like the DVC part was a "redheaded stepchild". The villas are all located in a separate building behind the main blue building, meaning they all seem to have views of the roads or small pool, no possibility of a view of the lake or even the large pool complex, much less Epcot. The resort is small overall, so I wouldn't say we were very far from the pool, but we did have to go out of the DVC building, down a covered outdoor walkway, into the "real" Beach Club, through the lobby, out the back and out to the boardwalk to walk back to the pool.
It is also lacking a community hall, which is a big thing for us, as what family with kids doesn't love a place with free video games, ping pong, foosball, movies, coloring sheets for little people, daily crafts for everyone, and the ability to sign out movies and board games for your room? Frankly I spent way more money in the arcade than I like, but unlike Boardwalk, Saratoga, Old Key West, AK-Kidani, etc., I didn't have the option of taking them to play free games! When I asked the concierge if they had a community hall she looked at me like I was nuts, she had never heard of it. I almost went over to Boardwalk to take a picture for her!
Bottom line, the villas were fine, but lacked the polish of the rest of the resort. I would agree with a previous reviewer that the rooms need an update, especially as the resort rooms looked beautiful, with white linings and much newer decor. The difference in decor and location and the lack of DVC amenities made us feel like second class citizens there, and we have never had that feeling before as DVC members. I have stayed at the Yacht Club resort and it was great; the Beach Club resort is probably great too. The shared brand new gym and renovated pool bar were great. But we all agreed that we won't be going back to the villas. My kids said the Boardwalk, Kidani, and Saratoga slides and pools were actually more fun anyway.

Room Tip: Villas are all in the green building in the back as far as we could tell.
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Before the little rates secret a review: these are really nice villas but they feel like you are staying in a nice Boston area condo. The complex is huge and unless you are facing the Epcot and Boardwalk side these really just feel like a nicely kept condo development. Not really filled with the Disney magic you expect in resorts like the Polynesian or Contemporary. We had a studio villa and it was fine for my sister and myself, but if my husband and boys were with me it would have been way too small, with only a pull-out sofa for the kids, and a double, not a queen, bed for the grown ups. Towel service is provided only once every four days and it might seem minor, but there was no body lotion provided, which was rather unfortunate after several days in the Florida sun!! Here is the secret for getting cheaper rates though - use a Disney Vacation Club point rental service. We booked through Dave's DVC points rentals and saved a bundle - $950 for five nights, rather than the rack rate of $376 per night. Wow!

Room Tip: Ask to be located near the Emporium, which has doors that lead directly out to the Epcot boardwalk a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Our family of six stayed at the Villas for five nights mid January. We have been to Disneyworld in the past but our children were only 3 & 1 so we stayed close to Magic Kingdom at the Contemporary, which we loved as well! This time however we had children ages 11, 8, 6 & 3 and decided that a more centrally located resort would be best for us. Honestly I was hesitant as I loved the closeness to MK and being able to walk or hop on the monorail, but really am so glad I went ahead and stayed at this resort. My kids enjoyed the pool and activities at the resort just as much as they enjoyed all the things we did while visiting the parks. The on site restaurants are delicious and everyone is so kind and friendly everywhere we went. We were in #201 and it was perfect. Quiet room, large balcony and enough room for all of us to spread out and relax when needed. We were less than a 5 mile walk to Epcot and a quick boat ride to Hollywood Studios. You can easily walk to HS as well, but we usually went there later in the day and decided to rest our legs a bit before hitting the park! We went to all the pools while we were there, but stormalong bay was the favorite of all. The last couple of years we have gone to a beach during this time of year, so the sandy pool area filled that need for us!! Pools were always very warm and just perfect! Hot tubs were an added bonus (at least three at stormalong bay and one at every other smaller pool). My girls had their hair wrapped just by the beach area, (kinda pricey, but what isn't?) My three year old loved every thing we did. The only negative thing I can say is you don't have the monorail available to you so easily. We did ride it to Magic Kingdom one evening (walk through Epcot and hop on) but we should have just taken the buses. Being centerally located it seemed like the buses were more frequent than when we visited DW before, but that could just be a change over the years. If you are a family with real young children and will be spending most of your time at Magic Kingdom (which it takes 2 days to really see everything there) then you probably want to stay closer to MK but if you have children of all age ranges this is the perfect spot! Everytime we do Disney it is a different experience for us because of our kids' ages. We did Disneyland four years ago and mainly rode the rides and saw very little shows (same as our first trip to world) This time, we really enjoyed Hollywood Studios, Epcot and Animal Kingdom more than Magic Kingdom. Magic Kingdom is great but my 11 year old is starting to out grow is (sadly) but he still managed to have fun. The one site restaurants are great. We ate at Havannas (by stormalong bay), Yachtsman, Cape May, & Beaches & Cream and loved the foods. The food at the parks could use some revamping! Although Mama Melrosa's was the best we found in the parks!! You definitely won't go wrong if you stay at this resort. Perfect getaway!! Oh, and I would suggest booking one extra day just to relax and enjoy this resort. We did only 5 nights and I wish we would have had one more day to just relax before heading home.

OH, each night they have a bonfire by the beach and do movies!! Super fun for the kids!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Beach Club Villas? Share your experiences!