Our family of four (myself, wife and two teenage daughters stayed at the lodge for six nights in August. As members of DVC we try to sample different lodging each time we visit Disney World. We stayed in a one bedroom suite with a view of the quiet pool area. Check in went very well and the concierge area is very convienantly located next to check-in area. This made it one stop shopping as we purchased our theme park tickets, made reservations for dinner and picked up confirmation notices on previously made reservations.
The property is not large and spread out like Saratoga Springs or Old Key West so it was easy walking distance to the bus or boat transportation and back to the main building. The lodge is well maintained, clean and the theming inside the main building and around the pool areas are pleasing to the eyes.
The one area that we were a little displeased with was the bus transportation. I recommend the boat to MK it is more reliable even though it is only a 5 minute bus ride from the lodge. The problem that week seemed to be infrequent bus transportation more than 20 minutes apart and in our case almost a 45 minute wait for buses to Epcot or the Studios. Buses to these two resorts first stop at the Floridian so be prepared for crowded buses.
All in all it was a pleasant experience, we rate this resort above both Saratoda Springs and Old Key West but a notch below the Boardwalk. We have not been to AK Lodge or the Beach Club so I can't comment if the Wilderness Lodge is a better stay. Its main advantage is it is close to the MK and the compact nature of the resort. Cast Members were helpful and I would revisit this resort again.
- Also Known As:
- Villas At Disney`s Wilderness Hotel
- Villas At Disney`s Wilderness Hotel Orlando
- Hotel At Disneys Wilderness
- Hotel At Disney Wilderness
- The Villas At Disneys Wilderness Lodge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The design of the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge honors American craftsmanship and artistry found in the Great American Northwest National Park lodges from the turn of the 20th century. This architecturally grand Resort celebrates the majesty of the unspoiled wilderness with features that include a stunning 7-story lobby—built from 85 loads of Lodgepole Pine—and an 82-foot-tall lobby fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.