“Wonderful stay - except for the bed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

You added Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge to your Saves list
Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 Timberline Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #27 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Orlando, Florida
“Wonderful stay - except for the bed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I wish there was a 4-1/2 rating button as I really don't think the lack of comfort from the bed warrants the complete loss of a point. The ambience, appearance and decor is without equal throughout both the Villas and the Lodge itself. We simply couldn't sleep right through the night and our backs hurt.
The staff and the restaurants were, as always, superb. The hotel, although not on the MK monorail loop, is very convenient to the MK by cruiser and the Contemporary by launch both of which offer monorail access to the TTC and on to Epcot from there. Roaring Fork, the food court offering at WL, is woefully small for the size of the hotel and the number of folks who want to use it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars

Ottawa, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We just returned from a stay at a 2 bedroom villa. Lots of room, quiet, clean. Decor is a little old but fits nicely with the wilderness theme. I would certainly recommend this place.

Minus. The location is close to Magic Kingdom but not on the monorail. You can not walk to the park. You must use bus or ferry. Having stayed at the other 3 resorts on the monorail line, it is a little inconvenient.

Except for this very minor point, you definitely get a wonderful deluxe level resort and save a little on points/money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bigpoppaprof
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We have stayed here many times (you can see my other reviews for extensive info on this resort). I want to just share that if you plan on reserving a 2 bedroom villa you need to make sure and request the type of room you would like. There are two types - a dedicated 2 bedroom, and a lock-off. The lock-off is actually a 1 bedroom villa next door to a studio with a door that connects the rooms. This will only feature 2 actual beds plus 2 pull-out sofas. A dedicated 2 bedroom features 3 beds and 1 pull-out. I had actually forgotten about this until we walked in this past weekend and I was surprised with a lock-off. Worked out fine for us, we didn't like it but it was only 3 days. Just make sure you know what you want and specify when you reserve. Otherwise this is absolutely a wonderful resort.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank palmharbormichelle
Hialeah, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have stayed there about 8+ times. I am a Disney Vacation Club member and I love this resort.

I love staying on Disney property but this hotel has an amazing atmosphire, mostly during christmas time. The bed's are amazing, bathrooms are super nice and with a lot of space. there is nothing better than a hotel with DIsney service from the front desk. only thing that I can complain of is the fact that guests have to go to the main building to check-in and then walk over to the villas building but it's nothing like walking from the check-in building to the rooms in a value resort.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here several times, and each time I come back I am reminded why I love this place so much. The lodge is absolutely beautiful. The location is excellent. I love the theme and I love the little lodge next-door to the main building.

Our cozy and spacious 2 br villa has a warm feel and lots of space for my family of 7. When we return to our room I feel like we never left the magic. The villas are small compared to others on Disney property, so the pool is not crowded. The lobby is full of cozy chairs and rockers, two fireplaces, checkers, chess, and other games.

I wish it wasn't so expensive, but once in a while it is most definitely worth the price!

• Stayed January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank kaykels
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I am not a Disney fanatic but i have to say I was blown away at this trip. We stayed at the Villa's as we have 3 young kids (4yrs,2yrs and 1yr). We had a one bedroom Villa. The space was really excellent. We had a corner villa and it had plenty of space for the 5 of us. The kitchen is extremely well equipped and the room has its own washing machine and tumble dryer. We loved Wilderness lodge. Beautifully themed but not overly the top Disney. Its was such a great place to escape to after a morning at one of the parks. Great great location for Magic Kingdom as you can just get the boat over which the kids loved. Movies at night on the beach were also a great hit. The pool has a slide which was amazing but unfortunately closed for refurbishment after just 1 day. The food on site is also good. Great great service as all of the Disney places are. We loved it

Room Tip: We had a corner one bedroom suite on the 5th floor - very good
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank LTWLondon
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We just returned from our stay at the Wilderness Lodge Villas. Just my husband and me this time, so we used our points for a studio. It was very nice, clean and well worth the points. The main Lodge is outstanding, and most beautiful. The foyer is first class. We were greeted as soon as we departed the Magical Express and escorted to the check in desk. Check in was flawless. Our room was not ready so we had breakfast at the Whispering Canyon restaurant, this is a must do!! The service was impecable as was the food. By the time we finished our meal our room was ready, really couldn't ask for better. The main pool is absolutely gorgeous. The beach is very nice and you can watch the fireworks from MK and they have the "Electric Parade" every night at 9:30, comes right by the beach, just wonderful.

My only recommendation is to rent a car, if possible. While transportation to the MK is quick and easy, the buses to all other destination are not always consistent. We found having a car made it much easier to get around, and the parking was not too far from the Villas.

This is a wonderful resort for families, especially with small children. However, as a couple we found it very nice! I would highly recommend staying at Wilderness Lodge Villas or the Main Lodge!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DVCMembers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 335 in Orlando
5.0 of 5 stars 1,121 reviews

Been to Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge? Share your experiences!