“Nice remodeled Disney Property” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge to your Saves list
Hotels.com Tingo.com
Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 Timberline Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #25 of 329 hotels in Orlando
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Nice remodeled Disney Property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

After 10 previous Disney Hotel experiences, I believe this is one of the better properties. With a nice pool and a warmer feel to the open areas, most will find this experience to be more than adequate despite the only average staff. The updating was nice, but the menu changes, the inadequate bus service for this price point, are some of the shortcomings. The hotel is somewhat over priced but that is part of the "Disney Experience." You will see more of this as you visit the where park which is noticeably trimming costs significantly over the last two years to keep profits up. Improvements could be made, but overall this is one of the nicer properties if you have children and can afford the price tag.

302 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Pembroke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Love the rooms, the pools and the best part is that it is right on Disney grounds. It has a bike trial and a night water parade, just make sure to take some mosquito spray. But other than that it is amazing :)

• Stayed December 2011
Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife, 12 year old daughter and I recently spent three nights the Disney Vacation Club Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. We stayed in a one bedroom unit which consisted of a bedroom with a queen size bed. The bedroom had it's own sink and jacuzzi tub. There was a single bathroom with a sink and shower. And the living room had a fold out couch, table and chairs and a kitchen with an oven and full size refrigerator. There was much more space than we needed, but we had DVC points to use that were going to expire at the end of this year.

The entire unit was very clean and comfortable. The bed was great and my daughter said the pull out sofa bed was very comfortable. We did not have maid service as we only stayed for 3 nights. The kitchen seemed well stocked, but we did not cook. Our unit had a garden (woods) view. We were on the first floor, so we had two patios with furniture outside.

The resort is gorgeous and the theme is great. The hotel lobby is incredible to see. The mercanatile is well stocked and had everything that we needed. There are two pools. One is large with a slide and is closer to the hotel. The smaller pool does not have a slide and is closer to the villas. My daughter really enjoyed the smaller pool.

We had a rental car, but we also used to the boat launch to the Magic Kingdom. It can be a long wait for the boat as it seemed there was only one boat going back and forth between the resort and the Magic Kingdom. We were not in a hurry, so that was OK. We used the bus once too which was fine as it's a direct bus with no other stops.

Checking in went very smooth as I had completed the online check in process a few days before.

Overall we thought the resort was great and we would stay there again for sure. The only disappointment was the quick service restaurant. It was small and congested and it became frustrating at busy times. It's nothing like the quick service restaurants at The Contemporary and Polynesian resorts, which are very organized and quick.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We spend 4 days in WaltDisney world and stayed in this on site hotel. Very nicely done, although the restaurant, the food and the service are not entirely what we expected. The room was well layed out, but dark. Our son loved the entire experience, but we felt that their was something missing. Just not the level of service, quality and furniture we expected. Have to admit that we are spoiled travellers and that the 4 days were magical indeed. Anybody that does not get a positive vibe here, should have a serious talk with some external help.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

While designing our first Disney trip, one of the biggest challenges was to figure out where we were going to stay. I had decided it would be on Disney property and after lots of research and discussion with many folks who have stayed at many of the resorts, I decided on the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. I am so glad that I did as it was an incredible place to stay. There were a total of 6 of us and thus we were going to need extra space (especially when you have 3 children under 10 years of age). I chose the 2 bedroom villa and what a beautiful resort. It was adjacent to the Magic Kingdom which made travel there easy - and it was my kids favorite park and you have the option of using your car, taking a boat or bus to get around. As for the resort, it was very spacious - there was a large common area - which included a nice comfortable cough (with pull-out sleeper if needed), nice kitchen (with microwave, large refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, coffee maker) and washer/dryer. They even throw in detergent and coffee. The bedrooms were quite large and each had it's own walk-in closet and large bathroom and vanity area. There was also a nice balcony where you could enjoy your morning coffee. The staff was very pleasant and eager to satisfy (typical of Disney) and there were several food options.
Most of our time we ate in the Roaring Fork - which is a quick service set-up. They serve all throughout the day and the food is good - they have a nice assortment and good kids options. We were on the dining plan, so there was always a side, drink and dessert with each meal. We did eat a few times in the Whispering Canyon Cafe - which is a family -style restaurant and their slant on service is loud, and being slightly obnoxious (in a fun way) - and don't forget to ask for Ketchup when you are there....The lodge has two separate pools, which are nice - the larger has a water slide, but there are some nicer pools at some of the other Disney resorts. They have a bunch of activities for adults and kids which is nice if you have any downtime from the parks. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay, the villas were great and would highly recommend and go back there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Marion, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My husband, 2 daughters (7 and 10), in-laws and I traveled to Disney Nov. 2-6, 2012. I wanted to stay at a Disney property for my daughters' first trip there and thought the Wilderness Lodge would be a great option given the great reviews. Our arrival went smoothly taking the Magical Express bus from the airport to the hotel. And, the hotel staff knew who were without having to introduce ourselves. That was great. Walking into the hotel was impressive. I was really overwhelmed with it and very happy with my choice at that time. We spent day 1 at Epcot and finally got into our room (a 2 bedroom efficiency in the "Villas" building) after 10 pm. Shortly after getting in the room, my husband was holding a door handle to the bathroom in his hand. It had come off when he went to open the door. Huh. Okay, not the end of the world, and not something I would make an issue out of at 10:30 pm. I got the kids to bed and then crawled in myself. My half of the bed was making noises like there was something wrong with the bed frame. Ok, it was after 11 pm, and I did not want to call the hotel to come at that point, so I figured I would address it in the morning. Needless to say, the bed made a noise that woke me up every time I rolled over. Not a good first night's sleep for someone who got up at 3 am and had been on the run all day. Anyway, I got up the next morning and hopped in the shower only to find a big blob of conditioner (or something) on the shower wall. Lovely. Before heading to the park for day 2, I told one of the Concierges of the 3 issues. I said we would be out all day, so the housekeeping and maintenance crew should have no problem getting in there. We came back around 6:30 pm for a quick refresh before heading out to the Polynesian for the Luau. None of the problems had been fixed. So, before heading out again, I told another Concierge of the issues. (Keep in mind, every time I went to the Concierge, I had to wait in line - time I did not have to spare and certainly not how I wanted to spend my time). This Concierge told me she didn't even find my first complaint in the system (great) and she would have housekeeping adress it right away. I told her we would be out for 3 hours or so, so they should have enough time. We got back around 11 pm to find nothing had been taken care of. Another night of a noisy bed and morning with an unclean shower hard to turn door handle. Since we were off and running early on day 3, I did not have time to stop at the Concierge desk, so at this point I was resigned to the fact that I had paid all this money for this trip to have it be mediocre. And since the trip was pre paid in full, I really felt I had no recourse and that pissed me off even more. We got back around 11 that night. The door handle was still tough to turn and the blob in the shower remained. I just assumed the bed was still making a noise. I emailed about the 3 issues to my travel agent around midnight and then went to bed actually to find the bed was fixed! My travel agent responded first thing in the morning saying she would call the hotel and I emailed her back letting her know that at least the bed was all set, and we were off for day 4. We got back that night to find the blob was gone and the shower actually smelled clean (go figure). So, at the end of day 4, on the night before our check out, things were finally fixed. Oh, did I mention that the tub was also never cleaned while we were there, too, even though my daughters feet were dirty enough to have left some visible dirt in the tub? Needless to say I do not plan to opt for the Wilderness Lodge again and warn everyone to check the cleanliness of their room if they are staying there. Maybe the main hotel rooms are better cared for than the Villas... I do not know. I just wish I could request some money back since I do not feel I got what I paid for. By the way, I have traveled a bit in my life and have NEVER before complained about cleanliness at any other hotel, so I don't think anyone can say I am just being too picky.

Room Tip: Not Villa 2544.