“A vacation to remember” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

You added Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge to your Saves list
Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 Timberline Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #43 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
alabama
“A vacation to remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2008

We had the most wonderful experiance at the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. This lodge is outstanding. The minute you pull into the parking area you are taken to another place and time. My 2yr daughter was beside herself. The Christmas decorations, the music playing softly and the overall majasty of this place is beautiful.
Our family stayed in the 2br Villa on the 5th floor. We did not have a view of the lake but that is not why we were there in the 1st place.
I told the the front desk that we were celebrating our daughters B-day and that she just loved Cinderella. When we returned to our room just hours later...we opened the door and there stood a bouquet of ballons, 5x7 photo and a letter from Cinderella. My sweet daughter was in tears and so was I! Disney and the Wilderness Lodge is truly a winderful place!! I can not wait to return very soon!

Some advice:
1. if you are in a villa and have access to a frig. use it. it will save time and money.
2. take the boat to MK. it takes 10 minutes and is a beautiful ride.
3. take advantage of the early and extra hours. less crowds and more to do!
4. if you are there for any special reason (bday,anniv,1st visit Mk, wedding) let the front desk people know. the buttons that they give you will be a vacation to remember! cast members love them!
5. plan your days ahead of time. bring snacks and frozen water.

• Liked — Close to Mk
  • Disliked — Nothing! Loved it all!
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2007

On a scale of 1-10, I would have to say that my recent stay at the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge was a 9. I was somewhat disappointed that the Villas’ pool area was closed for refurbishment; therefore, I had to use the main pool at Wilderness Lodge which was not as convenient – or quiet, as the one just a few feet away. But overall, I did enjoy the rustic atmosphere of the resort as well as the scenic wooded areas.

• Liked — The rustic atmosphere of the resort as well as the scenic wooded areas.
  • Disliked — The Villas’ pool area was closed for refurbishment.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2007

My stay at the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge was wonderful. My room was very clean and the lodge itself was beautiful and relaxing. Disney has done a very good job of making you feel like you've traveled to the Pacific Northwest instead of central Florida.

During my stay, I took advantage of in-room dining, full service dining at Whispering Canyon, recreation boat rentals, a massage at the spa and the swimming pools. Each time I visited these areas I encountered very friendly and knowledgeable staff.

So if everything was great, why didn't I rate the resort as excellent? Well my trip lasted 4 days and 3 nights. Of those 3 nights I was woke up at 8:30 in the morning by someone from the Lodge knocking and attempting to enter my room. The first time, it was a Front Desk manager just stopping by to ask how my stay was going. That's great and all, but does this really need to happen at 8:30 am? Couldn't she have just called or slipped a note under the door? The last time I was woke up was again at 8:30. This time it was the housekeeping staff trying to get in and clean the room on the day I was to check out. Now checkout doesn't happen until 11:00 am, why on Earth are you trying to get into the room at 8:30?

Because everything else during my stay was so great, I am willing to look past these two minor issues. I would recommend this resort to others and I would stay there again myself. Just don't forget to use the "Do Not Disturb" sign!

• Liked — The design and theme of the resort was amazing and beautiful.
  • Disliked — Being disturbed by hotel staff early in the morning.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
St. Paul, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2007

We love the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge and we have stayed there several times. The rooms are spacious, well-appointed and QUIET! This is important after a full day. We stayed for a brief weekend this trip, so we didn't need the in-room washer and dryer, but it is a nice feature (they provide the Tide, but you should bring your own fabric softener). The pool for the Villas is lovely and much calmer than the pool at the Lodge. The fitness center is also large and full of good equipment.
This was the first trip we took to Disney with our infant, and it is truly a baby friendly place. Besides the dishwasher and microwave (essentials) the pack 'n play was clean and just fine for our son.
Service is always incredibly friendly.
Only a few negative comments:
My family belongs to the Disney Vacation Club. Member services was really lacking this time around when I called. I had difficulty getting assistance from the DVC person when I tried to set up the "Disney Magical Express" ride for us from the airport (I didn't have my member number on hand, and she simply said I was out of luck). When I tried talking to a DVC person in the flesh at one of their booths, they said they were helpless and couldn't do anything, and I should call member services. It was frustrating.
The other slight negative, that we didn't notice before we had an infant is that it takes a LONG time to get to another hotel from the Lodge. We wanted to eat at the Polynesian and it took 45 minutes to get there by boat and monorail--there is no direct bus. In retrospect, we could have taken the bus to a park (which would stop at the Grand Floridian) and then taken the monorail. Plan accordingly with your little ones.

• Liked — Quiet, spacious and comfortable
  • Disliked — A little isolated from the rest of the hotels
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2007

I recently visited WDW from May 29-June 5, 2007. This review covers my stay at the Wilderness Lodge Villas from May 29th thru June 3rd. You will have to read the extension of my review once we reached the Villas at Boardwalk Inn.

Our trip began with a stay at the Wilderness Lodge Villas. We had visited the Lodge before to have dinner at the Whispering Canyon Restaurant and toured the grounds. To say we were impressed at what we saw and the excitement we felt as we checked in would be an understatement. We were checked in right away and placed in Room 3059. After a long day of travel getting to Florida, all we wanted to do was take a shower, rest for a bit and hit the parks that evening. When we first got to our room we found lights burned out on the bedside and the bathroom, and as we unpacked and started to stock our refrigerator I noticed there was a crack in the handle that subsequently pinched me at the tip of my finger. Not a good first impression. I told the front desk receptionist about our experience as we left for the park. When we returned, the lights had been fixed, but the fridge had not. Also as we settled in the night, I noticed a smell from behind the couch and so I pulled the couch out from the wall to find pepperoni left behind. To say it was disgusting would be in jest as my feelings to the overall attention to cleanliness and detail were far from positive. The next morning I got up to get a bottle of water from the fridge and again was pinched by the broken plastic handle. That was it and I felt I needed to communicate my disappointments with a manager. I went downstairs and spoke with a manger by the name of Alisha. She listened to all my concerns, apologized for the occurrences and assured me that the room would be cleaned again and fridge repaired to the best of her ability. I thanked her for her time and left for a day in the parks. When my family returned we were glad to see that the room had been cleaned, fridge replaced, but the complimentary fruit basket and note of apology was amazing. That bit of hospitality went a long way and helped put our trip on a magical course again. We stayed at the Lodge till June 3rd.

Check out my continued saga on my review of the Villas at Boardwalk Inn. Magical just did not find my room there.

• Liked — Loved the decor, convenience to Magic Kingdom, spa
  • Disliked — Room had several problems from the start, but corrected during stay
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2007

My husband and I and our 13-month old just returned from a long weekend at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. The Villas were a perfect choice for us.

In General:
We loved the pacific northwest feel and style of the hotel, especially because we live in Miami and this was a welcome change. There were rabbits and birds and squirrels outside our room every morning and pines and other types of trees you don't see normally see in Florida. The Villas have their own separate common area which includes activity rooms and quiet seating areas. The gym "Sturdy Branches" is also located in the common area in the Villas. The Villas have their own pool area which is a bit quieter than the main pool at the Lodge.

Our Room:
Our Villa was a 1-bedroom apartment on the first floor with a full kitchen and separate bedroom. They supplied the dishwashing soap for the sink and the detergent for the dishwasher. They also supplied all dinnerware, cooking supplies and dishtowels. There was a coffee pot and toaster, stove and microwave, everything you could need. This made preparing food for our little one very easy and we also prepared food for ourselves and saved money and time. There is a washing machine and dryer (they supplied the Tide) and a laundry basket up in the closet too. The furniture in the room seems to have been designed with little ones in mind. It is very sturdy and I was comfortable letting my toddler freely move around the room. (I do recommend bringing a roll of duct tape to cover outlets and tape the garbage door shut, if you have a toddler.) They had a pack n play and a highchair in the closet but they also set up a crib in our bedroom. The room was extremely clean and I was comfortable with their bed linens for us and for my son.

Activities:
I highly recommend renting bikes (we rented a surrey bike - fun!) and riding over to Fort Wilderness for the petting zoo or evening activities.

Other Notes:
We visited the Animal Kingdom Lodge (Boma is highly recommended) Boardwalk, and Polynesian and I had a nice visit at all 3 but am definitely glad that we stayed at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. It just seems more upscale and spacious.

• Liked — Well-appointed and spacious room, services and activities
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge? Share your experiences!