“Great place to have a tasty mediterranean lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,393 of 3,088 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
“Great place to have a tasty mediterranean lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Clean, Fresh, Tasty and Reasonably priced. This is a great place for Mediterranean food lovers to grab a quick bite. I eat there regularly and always leave happy. Their falafel is crispy and appetizing and their pressed chicken sandwich is delicious. I am a garlic lover and their garlic sauce is terrific. Another great thing about this café is that you can customize your meal to your liking by adding the fixings and sauces available in their menu.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Very fresh, light food, excellent lunch or light dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Visited this during my spring stay at my Orlando home, Food was súper Good, hummus is the best I've had in a long time, spicy sauce is very good, chicken shwarma is definitely me and hubby's favorite we share that with a couple sides and feel fully satisfied. Atmosphere is clean and a little above average, service is good and food is excellent, and value is good, serving are perfect to share a meal. And left overs taste very good as well!

• Visited March 2013
Moline, Illinois
“Great, light, fresh Lebanese dishes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This place was a random find and I would eat here regularly if it was in my city. The food was very good and plentiful. Yes, it is a schwarma restaurant, but not your average schwarma place. The food was hot, not over-done, the tabuli was great, the hummus very good - just everything. And the prices were very good. If you're staying in one of the many hotels just north of the Orlando airport, this is too good of a place to miss if you like this cuisine.

• Visited January 2013
Orlando, Florida
“This Place is Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I love this place! I go there every chance I have! The People are nice and the flavors are wonderful. this tiny place is far superior than other restaurants around.
Try the chicken shawarma! if you like Garlic, their Garlic Sauce is AMAAAAZING!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pittsburgh, PA
“Excellent food, a few issues, but I would return!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Considering the last review was months ago, I felt compelled to visit Habibi. I enjoy Mideast/ Mediterranean and there are not many choices for this kind of food in the area. Lots of food choice in the area, but wasn't in the mood for anything but this, so my options were limited. Considering the less than glowing reviews, I wasn't expecting much.

I was happily proved wrong. Apparently the other reviewers were here after the establishment first opened. I didn't experience anything I'd call a true problem. Though there was a large group there, the place was not too busy. Habibi is clean and well done as any restaurant in a strip mall can be.

But really, I could care less about decor or mood. I go to restaurants for the food and Habibi doesn't disappoint on that. I had a falafel platter which included pita,tabbouleh and hummus. Also included was a rice and lentil salad( or regular salad) that was served cold. Simply some of the best, if not the best tasting Middle Eastern I've ever had. I won't hesitate to come back here when I'm in the area again. Everything was very good, not one thing I had disappointed me. Lots of food for under $10, I couldn't finish it all.

Now for the issues and they were small, but worth mentioning. I wasn't given cutlery for my take-away meal. For the amount of business they get from the numerous hotels in the area, I would think they'd have bags made up with condiments and at least a spork.

I was also surprised that the rice dish was cold and meant to be served that way. It could not have cooled down that much since my hotel was only 5 min from the restaurant. Would have appreciated a heads-up on that. On that note, service was OK, about what you'd expect from the 20-somethings running the place the night I went. I would have also appreciated fresh-brewed ice tea as a beverage option. If it was available, I missed it, but I didn't see any.

For the price and quality of food, I'd go back. I'd just be sure to ask for cutlery to go.

• Visited November 2012