“Must do for little Pirates!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #39 of 239 Activities in Orlando
Type: Performances
More attraction details
Owner description: Captain Jack and his trusted mates are scouring the 7 seas in search of treasure—and new recruits! At The Pirates League, select a pirate style and receive a makeover and training from the League's veteran pirates. Get a new name, learn some swashbuckling maneuvers and, after taking the official Pirate League Oath, be prepared to march in the Parade of Pirates in Adventureland.
orlando fl
3 attraction reviews
“Must do for little Pirates!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was money well spent at Disney! First make sure you call and reserve a spot- they are extremely booked up usually, and while they try to squeeze little pirates & pirate princesses in, this is too fun to miss. We were fortunate enough to walk up with our 4 year old, but only after trying for 2 days of a 4 day trip, and finally just racing to Adventureland the second the park opened. Once you pay your dues, they take over your child, he gets to pick out his "face" and then gets a new name-and off to the chair to be made over. (There may be a short wait).You are allowed to go back with them & watch the process, but please be kind, it is a smaller space, and when 6 or more little pirates are getting made up at once it can get a bit crowded. They have seating but it can tend to be standing room only-but do squeeze in and watch it is so fun! Our pirate picked a horrible skull face-he was completely transformed from a sweet little boy into a scary skull. The makeup artists are awesome, they are all in costume, and I didn't see one disappointed kid. (or family) It was so fun to see little boys get turned into Jake and little girls got to be whatever they wanted too-from pirate princess to skull pirate. After the makeup is done, they get their swearing in by a grandmotherly pirate woman (in our case which made it awesome) she taught them how to use a "sword" put on the eye patch, gave them a sword, and they get brought into a private room, where they will take photos of your new pirate. You don't have to buy the photo's but we did because they just turned out so cute! (excuse me SCARY!) then they turn you loose for your little pirate to scare everyone in the park. They do also have a small Pirate parade for them to participate in, but our 4 year old was not interested, he just wanted to scare everyone with his horrible skull face. The make up lasted all day-and was not too hard to take off- we used regular make up removers, and didn't have trouble getting him cleaned up. It was one of the best experiences we have had as a group, and I highly recommend it. My grandson ended up with a Pirate sash, eye patch and bandana ,sword (plastic) and full scary dead skull makeup for the price. But the whole day he had to "scare" people was priceless.

Visited February 2013

Minot, North Dakota
14 attraction reviews
“A MUST FOR YOUR BUCCANEERS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I like the attention given to ensure the kids enjoy their experience, enveloping them in the reality of their dreams. Bravo Disney!

Visited June 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Flat out rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Whilst stumbling upon the pirate makeovers my family and I were interested, but had no idea of how to get one or where. We entered a tiny building where children who were done with their pirate makeovers were leaving. We walked in and tried asking for help while being ignored by young workers, we then saw a sheet that looked like a sign up sheet of some sort and picked it up. "You best be putting that down!", I hear over my shoulder as a young worker THEN decides to tell me the process even though I asked him several minutes before while he was talking in the corner to his other friends. Extremely rude service and incredibly rude workers, would not recommend.

Visited July 2012
Tupelo, Mississippi
“Official Pirates Now.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The pirates league begins with spinning the box and being given a new Pirate name. You are then led into to the makeover area. All of the makeover artist are in character speaking in pirate accents. My son was suppose to be the only one getting a makeover but once we got inside he wanted me to have one as well. Although it was very busy, they quickly squeezed me right in so that we could share the experience together, We are ushered into a secret room, take the pledge and pose for awesome pictures. Later on, the kids get to participate in a Pirate Parade. A must do for all the Pirate lovers young and old.

Visited March 2013
Hilliard
26 attraction reviews
“Must do for any pirate lover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I took my son here on our Disney Vacation and I couldn't have been happier. Our "pirate" make up artist, who claimed to be peter pans evil pirate brother was amazing! He had such a great time during the whole experience and I couldnt' stop smiling and enjoying the production. I almost got done up like a pirate too!

Visited July 2012