“An awesome (but short) experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #94 of 198 Attractions in Orlando
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Imagine driving the world’s fastest and most exotic high performance cars on a real racetrack…no traffic…no stoplights…no law enforcement…just your dreams, your adrenaline and the wide-open asphalt!Located at Walt Disney World® Speedway in Orlando, Florida, Exotic Driving Experience features supercars by Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi, Porsche, Nissan and Aston Martin.Exotic Driving Experience gives you the opportunity to get behind the wheel of these supercars and make your dreams a reality.
Brooklyn, New York
9 attraction reviews
“An awesome (but short) experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I was contemplating on doing this but finally made up my mind a week before my trip to Orlando. I've been a fan of Ferrari for quite some time and always wanted to get a feel for its power and Italian craftsmanship. They email you a few documents which you need to print and bring with you before you get behind the wheel. I was a bit worried because I didn't have access to a printer but they have the forms available to fill out when you get there so don't sweat it. They sit you down for a small class instruction explaining the track and what to expect etc. Shawn was the one conducting the class. He is quite the comedian especially when he tells you the sad news. The sad news is that you do not get full control of the car. The driver who goes along with you has a switch which can dial down the amount of power the car puts out. They put the dial on 10% when you leave pit road. It has barely any juice at all but this does disable you from burning the rubber off the tires.

Keep in mind that the Ferrari is not cheap. It costs $429 + the $35 release fee and applicable taxes. The price comes down to about $70 a lap. The first lap shouldn't even count since you are getting a feel for the car. The major beef I had with the drive was you don't get a lot of time in the car. You first get your photo with the car. You sit down and get right back out until it is your turn to drive the car. After you are fitted with a helmet they bring you up to the car and away you go. This is a very fast process. You don't even have the thrill of pressing the push button start. These cars are run hard all day and are constantly running. There really is no instruction except proper seat adjustment and paddle or auto. You really do not have a lot of time to appreciate the interior and learn about the features and get photo opportunities etc.

The drive itself is a thrill and the instructor does tell you to either "maintain speed" or "more gas"..It took me a few laps to really get a feel for the car and what it was capable of. You are also driving a 200k+ car and do not want to crash it into a wall so it's easy to be nervous.

All in all, it was fun. They offer a plaque with your two photos for about $70. A jump drive containing data and video of your laps is also offered for $85 or so. I declined the video and went with the plaque. How often will you view your laps anyway? Shawn mentioned that it provides hours of comic relief to the staff. Would I do this again? Only if they were running a promotion. It is, however, a very unique experience and if you have had your heart set on driving a Ferrari or a Lambo then do not hesitate and book it! There are not many locations where you can drive a super car.

Visited May 2012

North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“A Very Cool Birthday Present!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

For my son's 14th birthday, I took him to Walt Disney World for the Exotic Driving Experience Thrill Ride. The cost for the thrill ride was $89; for this fee my son was driving around the track three times by a professional driver.

We drove about 10 hours to make this whirlwind Disney weekend trip, so when we arrived at about 10:30am on Saturday, April 28th, 2012 and were told by a cast member "Um...let me see if they're doing the exotic car experience today." I was a bit apprehensive. I had planned this event for several months and had actually been in contact with a manager at the driving facility. However, there are no reservations taken for the thrill ride so all I could do was provide the manager with the date and an approximate time that my family would arrive. I was told that would be fine and to "come on down". Adding to the tension, that manager was not there when we arrived and so for a period of about fifteen minutes, we stood around not knowing what was going to happen. This lack of organization with regards to the thrill rides is the probably the only reason I gave this experience a rating of "very good" as opposed to "excellent". In the end, another cast member approached us and explained that they had put some sort of repair coating on the track and it needed just a few minutes longer to fully adhere to the track, however, he assured us that my son would get to do the thrill ride in the Lamborghini.

Once my son got out to the track, he was fitted with a helmet (not a racing jumpsuit, though) and introduced to the car and the driver. He got in the car, was buckled in and away they went. At that point, my wife and I got our camera out to film him as he rocketed past us on the track. However, the exotics don't use the part of the track where they load. The exotic cars load and unload at a part of the track where the Richard Petty Driving Experience operates. From that location, they drive around a track located at the front of the building. Thankfully, a cast member realized we thought we were optimally located to film the experience and told us we needed to go out to the viewing area in the front of the building to see our son. We had to race through the building and out to an observation deck at the front of the building to see him flying by. By the time we got there, he'd already completed one lap. So again, here's another spot where Disney needs to tighten things up with regards to organization. A simple reservation system and a brief two minute explanation of the track and course and best viewing location would've made this a five star experience instead of four.

My son's final two laps were soon over and the car returned to the loading/unloading area at the back of the building. At this point, a cast member took a thumb drive that my son had been given prior to getting in the Lamborghini and loaded it on a computer. From there we got to view the video of this experience that had been captured from a camera within the car. The thumb drive was available for purchase for, I believe, $85 as well as a picture taken of my son standing in front of the car. We purchased both. If this is a special occasion, I would recommend getting both. The video, to us, is priceless because the moment the driver floored that car and began hurtling down the track, an ear to ear smile emerged on my son's face and it never left for the duration of that ride! It was priceless! The movie on the thumb drive also includes audio as well and, it was about 3:35 minutes in length (which is also how quickly that car can go around the track three times!).

The driving experience was well worth the money we spent and the people were all very friendly. The building has drinks and several snacks for sale, as well as other racing/NASCAR merchandise. The are several seats, bathrooms, and for those visiting in summer - air conditioning - available to make for a comfortable waiting area. Also, the exotic driving experience is very easy to find. When you approach the main entrance for Magic Kingdom parking, you will want to use the leftmost lane available. Once you pass through the toll booths, you will need to take the left lane and the race course will be on your left. Basically, this race track is located just outside of the parking lot for the Magic Kingdom.

I can't speak about the experience wherein guest are able to drive these super cars, but I can say that this was well worth the money to basically make a birthday my son will never forget. All in total I believe we spent around $225.00 including the merchandise we added (photo and thumb drive video). This isn't something I'd take my son to do every time we visit Disney World, but I'd have no qualms with him doing it again. One other thing I forgot to mention, and it's kind of a drawback for the Thrill Ride, is that guests don't get to choose which car they ride in. From my understanding, it's based on what exotics might already have been used earlier that day. It seems there are three cars that could potentially be used: the Lamborghini, the Porsche, or the Audi R8. The Ferrari isn't used for the thrill ride. So, if you have a child that's wanting to do this experience, you will need to temper their expectations because, until you arrive at the location, you will not know which car they will get to ride in. However, all of the cars they have are incredible, so when they get to 117mph, I'm not sure that's really going to matter!

Visited April 2012
Long Island, NY
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I drove a Ferrari F458 for six laps around a race track. There were no speed restrictions and the instructor was always trying to get you to push the car to it's limits. The slalom was great as were the big swooping curves. I would highly recommend this to anyone who would like to take ride in a supercar. The only problem I saw was my height. I was originally booked to drive a Lamborghini but being close to 6'4", there was no way I could fit. A helmet must be worn and adds some height. To drive the Lambo I was told at the track you can be no taller than 5'11. The Ferrari was a very tight fit but I made it work. The other 2 driving options were an Audi R8 or a Porche 997. Overall this was an unbelievable experience and I plan to do it again as soon as I can.

Visited March 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
49 attraction reviews
“Truly a blast. I was skeptical but blown away by the end”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I was a tad cynical on this especially when I first got to the track as I watched cars kind of slowly driving the corners and such. I had purchased the six lap package for the Porsche 997 for about $200 and my brother in law purchased the Lamborghini package (the ultra light version) for about $400.

Here's what happens - you get there and all get placed in a room where they play you a video that basically walks you through the experience, both from how to get in the car to a slow play of exactly what the track has in it. Note that with this experience you do not drive the entire 1 mile track, they cut it in half. Half the track is driving around the traditional raceway and the other is a somewhat homemade curvy course through the middle of the track to do the corners. I thought the cornering part was ok, but really just a time waster until I could hit the track again. Each car has a throttle limiter that the instructor sitting next to you has that can keep it from being the full car. Note that unless you suck they pretty much keep it at 100% so don't worry about that part. You also are given a thumb drive when you check in that you give to the instructor who plugs it into the car and you can buy a video of you driving, plus all the angles and speeds. It's pretty cool, but I'll be damned if I'm going to spend $99 for the video. They need to lower the price a bit. I get the upcharge but that was almost comical. They also have photographers for the obligatory souvenirs you can buy but a lot of the pics if you have a guest with you can stand next to the photographer and take your own.

Funny enough, they cover up the spedometer so you don't spend your time trying to see how fast you're going. Obviously if you buy the video you can find out but best I can tell most folks were hitting about 110mph. It's not so much about the pure speed, it's the insane acceleration and blasting out of the corners that was so cool for me. What's really cool is by the end you're punching this beast up to about 110mph when a hard braking turn is coming up and you slam on the brakes to make the turn.

I really had an awesome time. I never would have though spending $200 for what was likely 20 minutes of driving would be worth it but it was. I'm not a car nut by any means. I even had that weird experience driving out of the lot in my crappy 1999 Honda trying to punch it and hug the corners like I was still on the track. I can't comment on the higher end vehicles. The Lambo's you have to be 6'2" or under to drive. The Ferraris are freaking beautiful. Is it worth an extra $200 to drive for the same amount of time? I say no. We probably went as fast as each other. My brother in law had the same enthusiasm as I did.

FYI - the teacher said the most popular car among the instructors is the Audi R8 which is one of the cheaper ones. I went with the Porsche because it was cheap and still an awesome car.

Visited April 2012
Toledo, Ohio, United States
“I loved it, and would do it again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

On march 16th 2012, I drove a Ferrari F458 and loved it. I was able to drive the track as fast as I could with the instructor's help, with little to no speed or rpm restrictions. However I was restricted to specific gears at specific parts of the track, for the most part the oval. (I think for safety reasons)

The video you can buy cost extra (150ish I forget) but it comes on a thumb drive with the track drive and car telemetry(super cool for car nerds)

6 laps is to short wish I could buy more laps, if you just want to drive fast and do this the cheapest car is a steal IMO. My lap is on youtube you should be able to find with some searching skills.

Visited March 2012