“A tough night's stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #119 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Pennsylvania
“A tough night's stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed one night for business. A tough stay for a business traveler. This is the Disney area, and as expected, crying, check that, screaming kids in the rooms at all hours of the night. Unruly kids at breakfast also as the parents were probably too tired to care. Air conditioner crapped out in the middle of the night, but at 2:30 I was too exhausted at that point to gather my things and try to switch rooms. Went down to breakfast dripping with sweat, and got a "Sorry, thanks for letting me know" when I complained about the air conditioner. One extra star however as the bartender was very friendly, and breakfast was good. I will have to stay outside of the Orlando area next time I am on business, in Orlando, to get a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: If you know good barbeque, don't eat at Buballoo's next door. I should have eaten at the hot...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
LYNNFORD, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We are so glad you chose to stay with us while visiting Orlando. I apologize for the issues you encountered with the lack of A/C and the noise from other rooms, I have passed on your comments to our Chief Enigineer and he has replaced the bad A/C unit. Please accept my sincerest apologies for these issues. We hope that you will give us a second chance when you are in the Orlando area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Traveling on business, I got back to my hotel room at 9:30 pm and attempted to get online. I was unable to do so on my laptop, phone, or iPad. Thinking that perhaps it was just down temporarily I called the front desk and they told me that they had exceed the number of licenses they had to connect to the network at any given time (200) and that there was nothing I could do except wait. I told the front desk that I wouldn't be back and he said he was sorry but there was nothing he could do. As a Hilton honor gold member I seek out Hilton brand hotels, but I will certainly read more reviews before I book next time as it appears I'm not the only one who has had this issue. This is simply unacceptable for business travelers who need to connect to the Internet

• Stayed May 2013
LYNNFORD, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We are so glad you chose to stay with us while on business in Orlando. I would like to apologize for the lack of hotel Internet during you stay with us, You are correct, we only have a certain amount of Internet availability. Please accept my sincerest apologies for this issue, we are currently fixing the problem. We appreciate your business and hope you will be able to give us a second opportunity.
Panama City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Because our sons attend UCF, we are here often; and we are always looking for a decent place to stay that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. The Hilton Garden Inn is the nicest place we have stayed for under $100.
We've stayed in some down-right scary places for this price, and we have stayed in some pretty nice places for $170, but for my money, we'll certainly be back here!
Positives other than price: The grounds are beautiful, the room was clean and spacious with microwave, mini-fridge, and coffee; the bed was firm but comfortable, the bathroom was big with a wide vanity, free WIFI is fast and easy to connect, the location is 5 minutes from UCF, and the hotel is right next door to a decent barbecue restaurant and the lowest priced gas station we saw during our trip. (see photos included here)
Negatives: the breakfast is not included in the price (but can be purchased for $10/person) the shower head water-flow is so low it took 20 minutes to rinse myself off, and the desk staff acted like they had something more interesting that needed doing.
Overall - I'll be back, but I will also keep looking.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
LYNNFORD, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We are so glad you continue to stay with us while visiting your son at UCF. We appreciate the photos you submitted showing our amenities. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Cary, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The rooms were clean although very outdated. The breakfast was over priced and not good, go to the local Dunkin or Starbucks if you want coffee that tastes like coffee. The room was quiet and bed was comfortable. For a quick, it suited our needs.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

LYNNFORD, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We are so glad you chose to stay with us while visiting Orlando. We do have a rate that incudes breakfast for just a few dollars more for up to 4 people in the room. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the near future.
Syracuse, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Comfortable beds and amenities were ok. Hair in tub and flors were not vacuumed near the walls. When you are askng people to post a review you should not force them to write War and Peace. Some folks are busy and have better things to do than create your next marketing campaigne.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

LYNNFORD, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We are so glad you chose to stay with us while visiting Orlando. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the near future.

Thanks again.
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I chose this hotel because all the others in the area were booked and it was close to UCF. Unfortunately, it was WAY overpriced. The Holiday Inn two miles away was $90, the Comfort Inn across the street was $85, and this hotel was $170. I was desperate, so I booked there. When I checked in, a sign at the desk stated that the internet was slow at times and that they were working on it. That was a lie! The internet was down the entire 3 day weekend I was there and I had to spend most of my time at Starbuck's working instead of in my $170 a night room.

When I complained to the front desk, I was told, "Sorry, they are fixing it this summer." There was no offer of a discount or a refund...nothing to compensate for my loss of work time and inconvenience. I am sadly disappointed and will never stay there again. I feel as though I was robbed!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
LYNNFORD, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I apologize for the issue you encountered with the lack of Internet during your visit, you are correct, the Internet was down most of the time you were here, due to a server issue. Please accept my sincerest apologizes for this issue. If I may be of further assistance, please call me directly.
Utica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was traveling on business and stayed at this location for one night. It was located conveniently on a main road with restaurants close, a Walgreens close by and a gas station right next door. The room was clean and the quiet. I would recommend this hotel again.

Room Tip: Breakfast was not included in the room rate but there was a good selection and very friendly staff!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
LYNNFORD, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We are so glad you chose to stay with us during your visit to Orlando. We were happy to hear you enjoyed yourself and found many conveniences very close to the hotel. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the near future.

Thanks again.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Orlando East/UCF Area? Share your experiences!