“Would definately stay again!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #144 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
New York City, New York
“Would definately stay again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We arrvied after a long drive from Atlanta to be pleasantly greated by the girl at the desk. We were upgraded to a suite because we used points. Another pleasant surprise. The room was nice and comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was average but nothing to complain about. This hotel is close to the airport but I was still surprised by the sounds of the airplanes in the morning, it caught me by surprise. In all this was a great stay and the next time that I am in the Orlando area, I would definately stay at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This hotel is about 8mins from MCO airport which offers a complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. However I did not utilize this service to get to the hotel upon my arrival, the taxi fare was only $11. The hotel is conveniently located amongst lush landscaping and there are a few restaurants within walking distance such as TGI Fridays and Dennys. To begin, the price is quite affordable, my friend got us a great deal for a 6 night stay. Our room was located on the 3rd floor to the end. The rooms are quite comfortable and most importantly clean as well as spacious. Three friends stayed in one room and at no point did we feel over crowded.

My one dislike about the room was there wasn't central air conditioning, but a unit piece below the window. The draft from this unfortunately gave me a cold, but I was a good sport about it. On the plus, usually hotel bathrooms are quite small, namely the shower. I stand at 6'3" and the shower was quite comfortable to use. Another plus is that this hotel offers FREE WiFi. A commodity which you have to pay for at 4 and 5 star hotels. There is also a FREE continental breakfast. This was a very nice start to the day. Simple starters to get your day off right. It consisted of cereals, breads, bagels, coffee, juice, milk, oatmeal, fruit, muffins, make-your-own waffles, and each day there would be a change in the hot section which varied among, eggs, sausage links, breakfast potatoes etc.

All in all, with the great price and added amenities, I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We had rooms on the 3rd and 4th floors, all were quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

got a great discount for Orlando airfare and found this hotel through my travel agent. On a great sunny afternoon I went to use the pool and they had a sign posting it was under construction. What? it looked fine to me. I went to the front desk, they apologized and said they are waiting for an ok by the county before it would be used. The only reason I came to this hotel was their pool and proximity to the airport. I was told the next door pool at La Quinta was available, of course at 3pm in the afternoon it was in the shade. Not to mention you had to pack a bag and walk next door. The service desk was apologetic but really didnt seem to care. I asked for a managers card and have emailed them twice with no response. Would def not use this place again. Pay the extra money and get a hotel with a working pool.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
John S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Mickey,
I apologize on behalf of the hotel for the inconvenience with the pool. Unfortunately, as the staff noted, we were unable to allow guests to utilize our pool until the City of Orlando had cleared our paperwork and conducted a final inspection on site. This ended up taking 3 weeks beyond the actual work on the pool which was a great frustration for everyone. I also want to apologize that no one from the hotel contacted you back, if you would like to speak with me regarding your stay, please give me a call at 407-856-8896.

John Sterk
Jacksonville Beach, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Being a woman traveling alone - I always check that my room is secure. My room was on fl. 2 with windows that overlooked a flat roof a few feet below. There were about 4 or more other rooms next to mine with windows that overlooked this roof. Checking to be sure the windows were at least locked,I simply pushed to see if they would open. Well, not only was it unlocked, the window came out of it's frame and fell into my arms inside. I managed it get it back in the frame -but never could get it to lock!!!! Since it was along day and I had already settled in, I didn't want to change rooms. I placed a few wooden clothes hangers on the frames to alert me should somone tamper with them. In the am I went to the front desk and was told there was not a manager on duty at the time. So I had the front desk agent come to the room to see the problem because just making a complaint may not have the same impact. Showed her the window and then I pushed it up so she could see how it fell into my arms. I had a reservation for the next night too, but checked out instead. I was given a discount which I explained was not my motive for reporting the issue and that I wanted to talk a Manager. I was given a business card which only had the number for the front desk. I called later that day and was only transferred to the General Managers VM. I left a message regarding my concern and asked for a return call. Now, it is more than one week later and I still have not received a call back. My stay was Wednesday January 30th. I travel to this area weekly and intend to follow up on this very serious security risk.

Room Tip: Request a room above floor two.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
John S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Donna,
Thank you for your feedback, our guests security is our top priority. I apologize for the delay in contacting you and would definitely like the opportunity to speak with you about the situation you experienced. This will help further educate our staff and be beneficial with our training.
Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Really a great location and our room was pretty nice. Check-In was easy and fast. Business center only has two computers and this is a pretty large hotel. The "business center" is just a couple of computers in the breakfast room and there is no privacy as others can peer over your shoulder at your screen. Breakfast...not too good. We came in at 9:20 and they close it at 9:30 and I mean 9:30 and NOT 9:31. The breakfast manager was rude to us and everyone around the breakfast bar near closing time. So, if you want to dine with Mrs. Hitler giving you rude remarks and stares...then come on in near closing time! Food was not too good either, but that's what I get for coming in so late. It was MY fault! All in all, I might stay here again because there were a lot of good places nearby and the airport is super close.

Room Tip: Take a pass on the free breakfast...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
North Mankato, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We were here for a conference over a period of four days. The hotel itself looks like it could use some updating overall. The common areas did not seem to be kept as clean as they could be. While the front desk staff was helpful most of the time, we had to remind them about resetting up the meeting room a few times. The breakfast was adequate overall. However, we did receive good rates on our rooms due to the size of our group.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Pembroke Pines, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Priceline 2 1/2 stars. Close to airport. Breakfast Was good. Pool closed was a downer.
Got what I Paid for. Wife was happy. Clean rooms. No fridge or micro in room. Would stay again. If I had to. Nothing great. Not to bad

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Country Inn & Suites Orlando Airport? Share your experiences!