“Parking Nightmare” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #195 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Chatsworth, Georgia
“Parking Nightmare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed at this motel 4 nights during the Christmas holidays and was very disappointed in the parking arrangement. Upon arrival around 8 p.m. on the first night, there was not one parking spot left. This was the same night after night. We had to park on the sidewalk, half on the grass, half on the curb, etc., etc. Not once did we park in an actual parking spot. We took the time to circle the motel several times each night trying to find a parking spot. This motel rents out parking spaces to those who are shuttled to the airport. Had we known this, we definitely would not have stayed at this hotel. We would like to speak to the general manager about this experience.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

217 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Pahoa, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel one night in Orlando and were pleasantly surprised! Located just off Semoran Blvd, not too far from the airport, in a nice area with lots of restaurants and shoppings, this budget hotel offers many excellent amenities including large room with two queen beds, full bathroom (plenty of towels), refrigerator, tv, microwave, coffee maker, closet with iron and ironing board, etc. Our room was clean and cozy, with the window facing a beautiful park and jogging trails. The beds were very comfortable, with clean white sheets and soft down pillows. (We had a good night of sleep!) Free airport shuttle, ATM machine in lobby, business center with computers and printers, and same-day laundry service are other conveniences that this hotel offers. And of course free WiFi connection and free parking! (Have you ever wondered why high-end hotels always charge a hefty fee for parking and Internet use in their guest rooms, while at cheap hotels like this one everything is free?) Oh yeah, there’s also a complimentary breakfast! The self-serve breakfast bar (in a bright, sunny dining room next to the pool) includes scrambled eggs (taste a little rubbery!) with sausage and potato, oatmeal, toasts, waffles, muffins, cereals, yogurt, juice and coffee/tea. We saw a family with young children having fun with the waffle machine and the friendly wait staff was glad to help the kids making hot fresh waffles!
Only one complaint: The carpet in the hallway on our floor was heavily perfumed with some kind of flowery air freshener. Perhaps so that it smells like an old charming country inn?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I needed a hotel that was close to the Orlando (MCO) airport with free shuttle service so that I could cut my car rental time by a day. The Country Inn and Suites Orlando Airport filled the bill perfectly. They are less than 8 minutes away from their parking spot at the Orlando airport and only 3 minutes away from the airport's front gate. When I arrived in Orlando and called the hotel for a ride, the shuttle had just left for the hotel. Nonetheless, it was back within 10 minutes! Truly impressive.

The hotel is very beautiful, clean, and sharp looking. Has a small exercise room containing 2 or 3 treadmills and some steppers, plus an outdoor pool with what looked like a Jacuzzi tub, large enough for several people to relax in. Generally, the rooms are exceptionally quiet, although right before 11 pm Friday night I could hear very loud conversation coming from the pool area. This ended at 11 pm sharp, when the pool closed. Unfortunately, I had to get up very early Saturday morning to catch a plane, and the talking woke me up.

There were 2 computers and printers available outside the breakfast room where I was easily able to print out my boarding pass for the next day. My room also had wireless internet access. I think they said they also had wired access, but I didn't happen to notice if it did.

The breakfast looked very sharp. Plenty to eat, though the "scrambled eggs" look-alikes are to be avoided. I'm not sure what they were. If you are someone who must clean up his or her plate, there was plenty of salsa and grated cheese to cover the taste with, though I didn't care to go that route. There was dry cereal, including raisen bran, skim and 2% milk, coffe, orange and apple juice, yougurt, bananas, apples, cut fruit, small muffins, hot oatmeal, brown sugar, hard-boiled eggs, etc.

The room I was assigned on the 6th (top) floor was missing the blackout shades for the right-hand side of the window. I was surprised that they didn't know about this or hadn't fixed it. They happily assigned me a new room on the 5th floor which was a suite with a king-sized bed and 2 TVs, microwave, and refrigerator. There were some tears on the blackout shades that should have been attended to, but did not affect my stay in the least.

Overall, my stay was very enjoyable, the staff were all pleasant, helpful, and professional. Finally, I must mention free chocholate chip cookies at the front desk. How good is that!

Just one more thing, with the AAA discount, I must say that the price was very reasonable -- less than I would have guessed for a hotel with this much class. I would definitely book a room with the hotel in the future and highly recommend it to anybody.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool are quieter as are, I expect, higher floors. Overall, the hotel is one of t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed here for one night as I was unwilling to do five flights back to back to reach my destination. It seems most people stay at hotels like this one for similar reasons and durations! The room was OK. Clearly the building is much older than it looks in the photos, but it was clean and quiet. The shuttle bus from the airport was initially promised in 30 minutes but fortunately came much sooner than that. There were a number of chain type places to eat a short walk away, which was a factor for me. I went for a walk in the morning, and found the surrounding area to be utterly devoid of interest but what would you expect in an area of airport hotels and hire car depots? Breakfast was ordinary but OK.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Stamford, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

2 one night stays a week apart (free shuttle to the airport and 3 days parking with one night's stay!) First night, room was in disrepair .... the dresser drawers would not close or open and the entire dresser looked as though it would collapse. My 7 y.o. daughter remarked that she never wanted to stay there again. One week later, our room was nicer, complimentary breakfast hit the spot and my daughter was more comfortable and willing to come back. Not me though .... there are better airport accommodations for about the same price (Ramada Inn and Suites as one example.) The property was very crowded both stays .... lots of folks seem to stay here before and after scheduled cruises (out of Daytona perhaps?)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions, without any problems, but last nights visit became my worst hotel experience ever. Usually I perform a thorough check of my room before going to bed, but I was so tired last night I just turned off the lights and slept. After all, I am used to this location being extremely clean. When I awoke and turned the sheets back in the light I noticed a dried blood stain (which wasn't mine) on the fitted sheet near the foot of the bed. I have been upset about this all day and can't believe such an experience happened at Country Inn and Suites. I am left wondering if this was an old stain, that atleast went through a cycle in the wash, or if the housekeeper never changed the linen and I slept on someone's "fresh" blood stain. I regret not taking a photograph or informing management, but I was so upset that I just left for the airport. I wish I had some assurance that housekeeping did change the sheets. I am now worried about my health and will never stay at this location again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
John S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Patrick,
Thank you for your review and I apologize for the issue that occured. If you have a moment, it would be helpful if you could please contact me at 407-856-8896. I would like to get some details regarding your stay to make corrective actions so that this does not occur again. Even if you do not have time, please know that the issue has been addressed with the laundry and housekeeping staff to ensure that it does not occur again.

Thank you for your stay and your review,

John Sterk
Country Inn & Suites Orlando Airport
Vancouver, Washington, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed here for one night on October 26 before our Carnival Dream cruise. At check in, they had us in a handicapped room but we requested a room with two beds and they gave us room 313. The hotel is close to the airport and a multitude of restaurants, as well as the highway. It is next to a park and soccer fields. The rooms are clean, the free breakfast is sufficient and they offer a free airport shuttle and free wifi. In the lobby they have two computers and a tv in the adjacent breakfast area. The service was good and we were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Orlando Airport? Share your experiences!