“OK for a one night visit” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #197 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Melbourne, Australia
“OK for a one night visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed here for one night as I was unwilling to do five flights back to back to reach my destination. It seems most people stay at hotels like this one for similar reasons and durations! The room was OK. Clearly the building is much older than it looks in the photos, but it was clean and quiet. The shuttle bus from the airport was initially promised in 30 minutes but fortunately came much sooner than that. There were a number of chain type places to eat a short walk away, which was a factor for me. I went for a walk in the morning, and found the surrounding area to be utterly devoid of interest but what would you expect in an area of airport hotels and hire car depots? Breakfast was ordinary but OK.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

215 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Stamford, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

2 one night stays a week apart (free shuttle to the airport and 3 days parking with one night's stay!) First night, room was in disrepair .... the dresser drawers would not close or open and the entire dresser looked as though it would collapse. My 7 y.o. daughter remarked that she never wanted to stay there again. One week later, our room was nicer, complimentary breakfast hit the spot and my daughter was more comfortable and willing to come back. Not me though .... there are better airport accommodations for about the same price (Ramada Inn and Suites as one example.) The property was very crowded both stays .... lots of folks seem to stay here before and after scheduled cruises (out of Daytona perhaps?)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions, without any problems, but last nights visit became my worst hotel experience ever. Usually I perform a thorough check of my room before going to bed, but I was so tired last night I just turned off the lights and slept. After all, I am used to this location being extremely clean. When I awoke and turned the sheets back in the light I noticed a dried blood stain (which wasn't mine) on the fitted sheet near the foot of the bed. I have been upset about this all day and can't believe such an experience happened at Country Inn and Suites. I am left wondering if this was an old stain, that atleast went through a cycle in the wash, or if the housekeeper never changed the linen and I slept on someone's "fresh" blood stain. I regret not taking a photograph or informing management, but I was so upset that I just left for the airport. I wish I had some assurance that housekeeping did change the sheets. I am now worried about my health and will never stay at this location again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
John S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Patrick,
Thank you for your review and I apologize for the issue that occured. If you have a moment, it would be helpful if you could please contact me at 407-856-8896. I would like to get some details regarding your stay to make corrective actions so that this does not occur again. Even if you do not have time, please know that the issue has been addressed with the laundry and housekeeping staff to ensure that it does not occur again.

Thank you for your stay and your review,

John Sterk
Country Inn & Suites Orlando Airport
Vancouver, Washington, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed here for one night on October 26 before our Carnival Dream cruise. At check in, they had us in a handicapped room but we requested a room with two beds and they gave us room 313. The hotel is close to the airport and a multitude of restaurants, as well as the highway. It is next to a park and soccer fields. The rooms are clean, the free breakfast is sufficient and they offer a free airport shuttle and free wifi. In the lobby they have two computers and a tv in the adjacent breakfast area. The service was good and we were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
St Aignan Sur Roe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

After some research, got a good price for our overnight at this hotel as prices seemed to vary wildly.
Easy to ring the hotel from the airport courtesy phone after collecting luggage and then the shuttle appeared about 10 mins later. 10 mins after that we were in our room.
Good sized room with two king beds, although it did face the direction of the aircraft taking off which we did notice for the first couple of hours till the flights reduced overnight. Good beds clean and comfortable with the bonus of a coffee tray. However, if you want tea you have to get it from the lobby with the risk of the hot water being only just warm if it's been in the jug a while.
A couple of restaurants nearby ( tho you could eat at the food court in the Airport before collecting collecting luggage and heading to the hotel which worked well for us.) The included breakfast is good with all the normal choices, tho they ran out of tea bags while we were there ( did we have that many cups?)
Having used this hotel before we already knew that it was a good hotel for an overnight on landing at MCO and it didn't disappoint this time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Whaley Bridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We spent the first night of our holiday at this clean and comfortable hotel which is so convenient for Orlando International airport. Our room had everything we needed including a very welcome comfortable bed. The breakfast was great, plenty of choice including some hot items and some healthy options.
We will return and would recommend this hotel, particularly for a first night if you are doing a fly-drive holiday. It was also great value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Eastern Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Buyer Beware

This is a double problem between this hotel and Hotels.com. When I booked this room, hotels.com advertized seperate smoking and non-smoking rooms. I booked a smoking room. Here is my confirmation from Hotels.com...

Details
2 adults guests
Two Queens smoking-Advance Purchase Save 25% Includes: Full Breakfast, Free Parking, Free High-Speed Internet
Depart 23/10/2012

When we arrived, we did not receive the room promised. The front desk first said that this was a non-smoking hotel, then changed their story to say that they had smoking rooms on the top floor, but they only had two rooms left so we were out of luck. They went on to say that if we had of "requested" this, we would have gotten it.

I asked why would I request this if it was what i booked...

I tried Hotels.com support and they said ALL choices of room are only by request. In other words if I booked a KING bed and got 2 doubles, there was nothing they would do. Tough luck.

They also said I should have requested anything that I wanted in the room and again no answer to why I would do that when it was what I booked

Buyer Beware!!!!!

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly and confirm what you are promised by the booking company. It seems it is the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
John S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
On behalf of the hotel, I want to apologize for the communication between hotels.com, our property, and you. With our ongoing renovation, the ownership and management have decided to convert into a non-smoking property. Unfortunately, with third party bookings such as hotels.com we do not have the contact information to reach out to our guests that have already booked in smoking rooms to advise them of this change. I understand that the way in which this information was given to you was not the most tactful, and I will address this with the staff.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Orlando Airport? Share your experiences!