“Blood stained sheets” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #193 of 329 hotels in Orlando
New York City, New York
“Blood stained sheets”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions, without any problems, but last nights visit became my worst hotel experience ever. Usually I perform a thorough check of my room before going to bed, but I was so tired last night I just turned off the lights and slept. After all, I am used to this location being extremely clean. When I awoke and turned the sheets back in the light I noticed a dried blood stain (which wasn't mine) on the fitted sheet near the foot of the bed. I have been upset about this all day and can't believe such an experience happened at Country Inn and Suites. I am left wondering if this was an old stain, that atleast went through a cycle in the wash, or if the housekeeper never changed the linen and I slept on someone's "fresh" blood stain. I regret not taking a photograph or informing management, but I was so upset that I just left for the airport. I wish I had some assurance that housekeeping did change the sheets. I am now worried about my health and will never stay at this location again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
John S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Patrick,
Thank you for your review and I apologize for the issue that occured. If you have a moment, it would be helpful if you could please contact me at 407-856-8896. I would like to get some details regarding your stay to make corrective actions so that this does not occur again. Even if you do not have time, please know that the issue has been addressed with the laundry and housekeeping staff to ensure that it does not occur again.

Thank you for your stay and your review,

John Sterk
Country Inn & Suites Orlando Airport

203 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Vancouver, Washington, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed here for one night on October 26 before our Carnival Dream cruise. At check in, they had us in a handicapped room but we requested a room with two beds and they gave us room 313. The hotel is close to the airport and a multitude of restaurants, as well as the highway. It is next to a park and soccer fields. The rooms are clean, the free breakfast is sufficient and they offer a free airport shuttle and free wifi. In the lobby they have two computers and a tv in the adjacent breakfast area. The service was good and we were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
St Aignan Sur Roe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

After some research, got a good price for our overnight at this hotel as prices seemed to vary wildly.
Easy to ring the hotel from the airport courtesy phone after collecting luggage and then the shuttle appeared about 10 mins later. 10 mins after that we were in our room.
Good sized room with two king beds, although it did face the direction of the aircraft taking off which we did notice for the first couple of hours till the flights reduced overnight. Good beds clean and comfortable with the bonus of a coffee tray. However, if you want tea you have to get it from the lobby with the risk of the hot water being only just warm if it's been in the jug a while.
A couple of restaurants nearby ( tho you could eat at the food court in the Airport before collecting collecting luggage and heading to the hotel which worked well for us.) The included breakfast is good with all the normal choices, tho they ran out of tea bags while we were there ( did we have that many cups?)
Having used this hotel before we already knew that it was a good hotel for an overnight on landing at MCO and it didn't disappoint this time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Whaley Bridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We spent the first night of our holiday at this clean and comfortable hotel which is so convenient for Orlando International airport. Our room had everything we needed including a very welcome comfortable bed. The breakfast was great, plenty of choice including some hot items and some healthy options.
We will return and would recommend this hotel, particularly for a first night if you are doing a fly-drive holiday. It was also great value.

Eastern Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Buyer Beware

This is a double problem between this hotel and Hotels.com. When I booked this room, hotels.com advertized seperate smoking and non-smoking rooms. I booked a smoking room. Here is my confirmation from Hotels.com...

Details
2 adults guests
Two Queens smoking-Advance Purchase Save 25% Includes: Full Breakfast, Free Parking, Free High-Speed Internet
Depart 23/10/2012

When we arrived, we did not receive the room promised. The front desk first said that this was a non-smoking hotel, then changed their story to say that they had smoking rooms on the top floor, but they only had two rooms left so we were out of luck. They went on to say that if we had of "requested" this, we would have gotten it.

I asked why would I request this if it was what i booked...

I tried Hotels.com support and they said ALL choices of room are only by request. In other words if I booked a KING bed and got 2 doubles, there was nothing they would do. Tough luck.

They also said I should have requested anything that I wanted in the room and again no answer to why I would do that when it was what I booked

Buyer Beware!!!!!

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly and confirm what you are promised by the booking company. It seems it is the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
John S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
On behalf of the hotel, I want to apologize for the communication between hotels.com, our property, and you. With our ongoing renovation, the ownership and management have decided to convert into a non-smoking property. Unfortunately, with third party bookings such as hotels.com we do not have the contact information to reach out to our guests that have already booked in smoking rooms to advise them of this change. I understand that the way in which this information was given to you was not the most tactful, and I will address this with the staff.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

we stayed here for one night prior to and early morning flight. No problem with check in and staff very nice. Clean room good nights sleep and towels were soft and very clean.

Went out to dinner close by and there is plenty of choice - we would recommend this hotel and will definately use it again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of the area restaurants! We hope to see you again.
Saint Augustine, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We just needed a place to stay for the night before our early flight out of Orlando airport. This place was close, had a reliable shuttle, was clean, and had a complimentary breakfast! All the staff members we encountered were friendly and helpful. The hotel is also close to a lot of restaurants. We were able to leave our car for 3 days and didn't experience any problems with the shuttle either way. I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and for staying with us! We are glad that you chose us for travelling through the Orlando Airport and we hope to see you again soon!

Been to Country Inn & Suites Orlando Airport? Share your experiences!