“Served its purpose for one night before cruise” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #199 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Vancouver, Washington, USA
“Served its purpose for one night before cruise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one night, Saturday October 22, 2011 before our Freedom of the Seas cruise. This hotel was awarded to me as a 2.5 star hotel bid on Priceline. The shuttle was very quick to pick us up and take us to the hotel. The lobby has a very country look and feel to it and everything was clean. They gave us room 108 on the first floor to the left of the lobby. It had two beds, a mini fridge and it was clean. They have three internet computers right next to where they serve breakfast, which are free to use. The continental breakfast was decent to fill us up, until we got on the ship and the eating marathon began. Both the check in and check out went without a hitch. I got this hotel for a bid of $31 plus tax so I was more than happy with our one night stay.

215 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Whitehall, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Stayed at this hotel on last day of vacation. The staff was very nice. The rooms were clean but seemed a little compact. Bathroom were ok except some stains on wall in shower. The jacuzzi and pool were heated which was very nice. Breakfast was good.

U.S.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

First, let me say that the airport shuttle service and front desk staff were great. I arrived on a late night flight, but the shuttle still came right over for me and pulled up just as I made it to the instructed pick-up spot. The only issue I found with this hotel was the room. The mattresses were sagging, the bedspread wasn't clean, the wallpaper was peeling, a lampshade was smashed, etc. The rooms seemed much older than the hotel itself. If you can see past this, the hotel is a decent choice for a one-night stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Nice exterior though the C in the main sign needs to be fixed. Really nice pool area and whirlpool nicely hot. The saturday breakfest was surprisingly quite good. Nice seating area. Love the free internet also.Service was a+. Young lad maybe 18 dark hair was great, worked night shift.

Rooms werent 5 star but they were quite nice. Bed very comfortable. We paid $55 all in thru hotwire and were extremely happy.

1 extreme negative about the area is no liquor store nearby. Only beer and limited crp wine at local store up the street 2 minutes walk.

Highly recommend this nice hotel.

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I got this hotel on Priceline for $42. I couldn't have been more pleased. We arrived late and went to the shuttle area. We heard some people with disabilities complaining that they had waited 30 minutes in their wheelchairs for a shuttle from a neighboring hotel. We waited two minutes, tops, and the driver was super friendly. The next morning, my daughter and I had to return to the airport to pick up a rental car and just missed the shuttle. The manager behind the desk recognized my obvious stress and went out and got another van and drove us himself! What a kind staff! Our room was clean and there was little noise from the planes. We had no problem sleeping. The kind of customer service we received deserves a well earned 5 stars and a big thank you!

Millbury, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I've stayed three times in the past three weeks in between cruises and flights from Orlando International. Priceline 2.5 star hotel for $32/night. In my three stays I have encountered very friendly staff and overall the property has been very clean. No bed bug problems in this property.

If you are flying or cruising and leaving your car at the hotel, the first three days are free, and each day thereafter is $5. Not bad considering the parking lot is safe and well lit, in a good area, and they have a free shuttle to/from the airport.

First stay was a little rocky considering they didn't have my room pre-assigned and the front desk agent accidentally gave me a room that someone else was already assigned to but had not yet checked in. I guess their computer doesn't show the room as occupied until you actually check in but if you have advance reservations they make room keys and lay them out on the back counter in advance. About 10:00pm I hear someone trying to get into my room, but they quickly go away when their keys don't work. Three minutes later I get a call from the front desk asking how I got into the room. I told them I was staying here and gave them my name and they looked it up in the computer and my name was on the room, but someone else had been "pre-assigned" to the room. No problem, they just re-assigned the other guest. Just a little unprofessional to have the front desk calling at 10:00pm asking how I got into my room. The first room was also a King Suite and the living room and desk furniture was quite worn. Holes and stains on the furniture. The beds looked clean and mattresses felt new. Bathroom was in good shape except for some peeling wallpaper in one corner above the shower.

2nd and 3rd stays were both in standard rooms with two queens. Older 25" Zenith tube TV's and remotes, but everything else in the rooms during both stays looked to be in good shape. I always strip the beds and look for cleanliness and evidence of bed bugs, but none to be found in this hotel. Overall very clean. No problems during either stay.

Hotel shuttle runs every 20 minutes with advance reservations at the front desk the night before your flight required. Shuttles coming from the airport are first come, first served, but I was picked up within 3 minutes of calling.

I experienced some occasional noise from the airport, but nothing that prevented me from sleeping. The hotel is about 5 minutes from the airport terminals.

Overall a very good stay, especially for the price I stayed. I think this will be my new "home base" when I'm in Orlando. My only complaint is that you have to get on toll roads to go anywhere more than a mile or so from the hotel, which can get expensive quickly. I went one exit down the highway to get some supplies from Target and it cost me $1.00 each way. In the immediate area are a T.G.I. Friday's, Chili's, Bonefish Grill, and Hooters. Beware of the gas stations on Semoran, however, as they are priced for people returning rental cars and there are no signs at the road with prices. I pulled up to a pump to discover they are charging $5.79/gallon for regular. Elsewhere in Orlando gas is running about $3.19/gallon. Just beware of your surroundings.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Mayfield Heights, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

This is a nice hotel, very clean with comfortable rooms and a better than average complementary breakfast. I stayed here for a few days conducting business meetings localy and did not have any issues with amenties or staff. The hotel is close to the airport but does not have a lot of airline noise. It is fairly far from the attractions so you will need a car. A few chain restaurants are near by in walking distance. Great location for overnight stay for flights but also convenient for business or if you are going to the attractions in the area and don't want the traffic of International Drive. This hotel is considerably better taken care of than a majority of the hotels I have stayed at closer to the resorts.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites Orlando Airport? Share your experiences!