“Very good service ...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #225 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Orlando, Florida
“Very good service ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I have been several times the service is super good I'm not complaining the staff are well aware with the fast customer service and comfortable ... the rooms are nice, clean and spacious everything that a person looking to rest as if outside your home that is what we all look at the time when we left our home ... good experience :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at TownePlace Suites Orlando East / UCF Area, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stays with us and found the service and rooms. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cocoa Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed at this hotel over the holidays......clean, comfortable stay. Very friendly staff. Really liked the kitchens & the ability to cook in the room as well as the extra space. Very nice place. We have already inquired about reserving a suite again in December 2014 & are looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at TownePlace Suites Orlando East / UCF Area, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, I am pleased to hear that our rooms fit your holiday travel needs and look forward to seeing you next year!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night. I arrived at 3pm and my room was still not ready. The person at the front desk was not very helpful or polite. I was asked to wait in the breakfast room/lobby. I eventually got my room key and went to my room. The hallway smelled muggy and dirty. The room was a good size but it was incredibly outdated. It had a kitchen that looked so old I was afraid to use it. The bed was supposed to be a queen, but I can almost guarantee you it was a full. The bathroom had no shampoo or conditioner. I called the front desk and they said to go get it because they didn't have anyone to bring it to me. In my opinion: this hotel should not have the Marriott name on it.

• Stayed December 2013
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at TownePlace Suites Orlando East / UCF Area, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
I am sorry to hear that your first impression was a poor one. While rooms were available that day to check in, in order to accommodate last minute room requests not reflected while booking your reservation unfortunately it did involve some time as that specific room had not yet been cleaned. We did do our best to allow you to check in to your requested room as soon as possible.

I apologize for the oversight in soap and how that situation was handled. Even though our limited service property has limited staffing at night, with the location of you room our staff should have been more reactive to the situation. This is currently being addressed my our management team to correct this operational error. As for our beds, all standalone mattresses on property are queen size. The only full size mattresses at our property are the pull out sofa beds. We are in the process of planning for king bed upgrades to our one bedroom suites which we hope to have completed within the next few months.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Before I write this... understand that I stay in hotels on avg of 90-100 or so nights a yr.. for the last 10 yrs.. I checked into this property which looks great on the outside. The guy at the FD was pleasant. I had 2 adjoined rooms in my party.

Had I been alone, I would NOT have stayed here. i would have left.

Room #1 - One room was decent. (not great.. barely above avg) Room #2 - There was long dirty blonde hair in the made up bed. Hair on the sink.. and a dead small roach in one of the drawers.

So.. my father stayed in his room.. I moved to Room #3

Room #3 - Smelled like 420 was just celebrated. I think I caught a contact after stepping in.

Called the guy...

Room #4 The room seemed clean... UNTIL I walked into the bathroom there were what appreaed to be brown streaks & reddish spots. Oh and hair. (PASS)

At this point... i'm now on the Marriott site looking at rooms...

Room #5 - We were all set to accept this room... until my son found BLOOD on the toilet.
(Seriously)

Room #6 - Finally! We accept this room. (I'd already used my small travel can of disinfectant) So, we go to WalMart... grab a LARGE can of Lysol & other things, Return to the hotel. I spray the room down. (Normal for me) I got to spray the shower.. the shower curtain is OLD, Has hair in it. (Had I been able to find a decent property to accommodate my entire party.. i'd be gone.) At this point.. we're all totally unpacked.

We'll see how the next day goes. I've already 'requested' that the shower curtain be replaced. We'll see.....

Standby for Part II.

Room Tip: Come with Lysiol... I entered 6 rooms. Only 2 of the 6 remotely smelled clean. Most were about...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dade City, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed at this hotel two times at the end of 2013. Dec. 23 for three nights and again on Dec. 29 for one night. Over the Dec. 23 stay our queen sized bed (room #120) was very soft and sagged terribly in the middle. Made for very uncomfortable sleeping. It also had a funky aroma when you first entered the room. On or Dec. 29 stay we had complained about the bed from our previous stay and was told the beds were "fairly new" and we must have gotten an "old bed". Room #319 bed was very soft, but did not sag in the middle. Would not choose TownePlace suites in the future as we prefer a firmer mattress. Otherwise OK. Rooms need updating.

Room Tip: Ask for a new mattress!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
While we have recently replaced the majority of our mattresses over the past month there are still some rooms awaiting new mattresses as we prepare to convert our One Bedroom suites into King rooms to offer a larger bed size to our guests. These updated mattresses are all pillow top, which we understand unfortunately can be an issue for those who prefer a firm mattress. As for our room updates, we are currently in the process of updating the furniture in our rooms which we hope to have completed by the end of February.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Stayed here for daughters graduation from u.c.f.. very close to campus..rooms were not what i would expect for $129.00 per nite. The bathrooms were tiny. The shower leaked and dripped all nite. The toiletries were in fact used and not new gladwebrought our own... the bed ...auugh the mattress was old and saggy. I almost got up to sleep on the couch during the nite. They need new mattresses for sure. The internet was the best part.fast and easy to sign on.
The tv was in such an awakward location could not watch from anywhere.
The staff was ok but. Never at the desk youhad to call for them to come out..
For 59 or 69 a nite worth it but 129.... not

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at TownePlace Suites Orlando East / UCF Area, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
While I am pleased you found our location to be perfect for your UCF needs, I am sorry to see that the rest of your stay was poor. We strive to maintain the high quality of cleanliness and maintained property that you would expect from a Marriott and I thank you for alerting us to the problems you faced. I will be addressing these issues with the appropriate staff to correct any operational errors that occurred during your stay.

For future reference, with our unique room layouts the televisions are set to original positions at an angle however they are designed so they can be easily turned to face the sitting area or the sleeping area. As for our bedding we have just recently finished replacing our mattresses within the past week for new pillow-top mattresses. Again, thank you for reviewing your stay with us, I wish you safe travels during this holiday season!
Chapmanville, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Booked this hotel for a friends graduation from UCF and the hotel was very close to the UCF campus. This property is pretty standard to Towneplace Suites. Not saying there is anything wrong with the hotel, but there isn't anything exceptional about it either, and I would have expected a little more for the price. Check in was quick and easy, and the front staff were very welcoming. I am a Marriott Platinum member, and usually receive some sort of welcoming gift when I check in at Marriott properties, typically a bag with a couple snacks inside and some sort of drink. At this particular property, I was given a baggie, and when I got to my room, all it contained was a bottle of water. I'm not complaining, I actually chuckled when I opened it and wrote it off as they were really busy due to UCF graduation and were just running low. I appreciate it none the less, I just found it humorous. The room itself was nice, clean and what I expect from Towneplace. I always find it convenient to have a kitchen when staying out of town, and Townplace are usually great values. The beds were comfortable, the linens were soft, and the hotel seemed quiet for the most part. Like I said, nothing wrong with it, but nothing outstanding either, and I would have expected a lower price or a little nicer of a property or a few more amenities.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
I am pleased to see that you found our location to be decent and that you found our location to maintain the TownePlace Suites standards. I do apologize for the oversight with your Platinum welcome gift and I will be addressing this issue with the staff. Thank you for writing such a thorough review of your stay with us so that we know what we are doing right and where we can improve. We hope if you return to the area and give us another chance you will find your stay to be of more value with several of the changes we have going on in the next few months. Safe travels!

Been to TownePlace Suites Orlando East / UCF Area? Share your experiences!