“Excellent service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #225 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Waldorf, Maryland
“Excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Our room at the TownePlace Suites' was clean. The kitchen was in great condition and had all the amenities necessary to make a meal. The staff was very helpful and the laundry room had adequate washers and dryers to do our laundry.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at TownePlace Suites Orlando East / UCF Area, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
I am pleased to hear that you found our service excellent and our amenities to fit your travel needs. Thank you for taking the time to review our property. If you find yourself in the area again we hope to serve you as our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

TownPlace Suites is very nice and reasonably priced. The atmosphere is home-friendly and the staff members are very welcoming! I will surely come visit more because of my pleasant experience there. Plus, the location is very close to UCF and its surrounding food places are an assortment to choose from!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at TownePlace Suites Orlando East / UCF Area, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I am glad that you found our property to be home-friendly with welcoming staff and convenient location. We look forward to having you again in the future and I thank you for taking the time to review our property.
Saint Pete Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We have stayed here a number of times because of its proximity to UCF where our son goes to school. We love the two bedroom suite with alot of room and was big enough for an Easter egg hunt although my son thought he was too old, he still participated. Great staff and breakfast. Nice workout room. My wife and I walked three miles every day of our stay because of all the back corporate roads that are in the area. We will be back again, plus its a Marriot.

Room Tip: The double suite rooms are great for family. Lock your doors and try to get a room where you can see...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at TownePlace Suites Orlando East / UCF Area, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
I am pleased that you loved the two bedroom suite and that your travels did not hinder any holiday traditions! I hope your son is having a great college experience. Thank you for taking the time to review our property and staff, we look forward to having you again as your guest.
Santiva
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I checked in May 21st for 2-3 nights for UCF Orientation. Unfortunately, I came down very ill on my drive there.1st Impression, Josh, he checked us in and was more than pleasant.My 3rd night stay depended on how I felt and when telling Josh, he only said "well let me know, no problem". Meaning I was not to worry about the 48 hour cancellation policy. The next morning, still running a fever, I spoke with Raheem, he was also wonderful and very hospitable. Although I chose to not stay our 3rd night, Raheem said there was no problem with a late check out the following day. On our last day Raheem was on duty once again and I had requested that we have a late check out so that I can rest before the 4 hour drive home after the conclusion of the UCF orientation. I was told by Raheem and then confirmed by the present housekeeping mgr Nelson that I could stay till I needed. I was still running a fever and thank goodness the hotel had a great selection of very fairly priced meds, snack and such. I grabbed another dayquil and was told that was on the house. I started to tell Raheem that I would like to have the GM;s name and contact info so that I could write and email and express my gratitude about the wonderful staff at this hotel. The GM, who was very hand on re-stocking the very items I spoke of, snacks, meds etc. and he was pointed out by Raheem. I mentioned to him how lovely everyone was here and I planned on booking all my stays here as my daughter was attending UCF the next 4 years. He immediately gave all credit to his staff and from me to his credit 100%, for he is a wonderful person and obviously expects nothing less of his staff. I apologize that I do not have this GM's name, I did get his card but it was lost between there and home. I will be sure to update with his name and info on my next stay, June 21st for 2-3 nights....then again in August and September, already booked!! I even offered to pay for a half day rate due to my very late check out, but this was refused by the staff, due to my illness. Thank you again Josh, Raheem, Nelson and the GM, you are all AWESOME!!! Placing your child in college away from home is difficult enough, being able to go somewhere you can feel at home while doing it, makes this task so much easier. Thank you all and I look forward to seeing you all again in a month and then each and every time I come up.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at TownePlace Suites Orlando East / UCF Area, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Traveling while being ill is never fun and I am glad that our staff helped make your stay one of the best you have had in years. We take the comfort of our guests seriously and I am pleased to hear that our staff had done just that. To answer your question, our GM is Marc.

I have made sure to pass your thorough comment on to our staff and we look forward to seeing you in the near future. We wish you good health and safe travels so that when you return you can enjoy your stay restfully and comfortably! And congratulations/good luck to your child for their acceptance/entrance to UCF!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

For where I needed to be, the location was perfect. Had a good first impression, then got into the elevator...in my opinion the elevator floors needs to be replaced and they need to be cleaned regularly. Saw dead bugs in the corners and the elevators smelled bad. A chair in my room had a tear in the arm and it was not a new tear. Besides those two things, very pleasant stay. Staff was really nice and accomodating.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at TownePlace Suites Orlando East / UCF Area, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm glad that you found our location to be perfect and our staff very nice and accommodating. I apologize for the condition of the elevator floor during your stay. I have personally addressed this issue with our staff to pay closer attention to details and ensuring that the corners are cleaned just as well as the center of the floor. As for the arm chair, we are currently in the process of replacing our chairs to increase the overall appeal of our rooms for our guests. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our property, we hope to have you again as our guest!
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We chose this place because of free light breakfast and its proximity to theme parks. We loved the rooms/suites, and the staff was great there. A good value and enjoyable place to stay. If you are going to the 'parks' then it is a little bit further than what you think from looking at the maps. Example- took us over a half hour from this nice place to Universal. If you commute during traffic.....forget about-it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at TownePlace Suites Orlando East / UCF Area, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the suites and staff we offer and that you found our facility nice. While we are currently the only TownePlace Suites in Orlando, there are Marriott hotels closer to the parks. Our location of approximately 30 minutes to Universal, 45 minutes to Disney does involve driving through some congested traffic areas. We do recommend to those coming to Orlando for the sole purpose of visiting the parks that they try a Marriott in west Orlando, which will make the drive considerably easier. Thank you for taking the time to review our property, I am glad that the commute was the only negative thing during your stay with us!
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed here with my husband February 8-February 11, 2013. This hotel is a good, clean no frills property that is a good deal if you are staying in Orlando. We had a queen studio room. The queen bed was rather small and,not as big as the queen size bed I have at home? Otherwise, the room size was adequate. The bathroom was furnished with Paul Michell amenities. The room was clean and was cleaned consistently in a timely manner every day that we were there. This was a welcome change to the housekeeping woes, specifically disappointment at not having a clean room after being out of the room all day at higher end Marriott brands in recent weeks. Thank you Housekeeping!
There was a basic breakfast offered free of charge as well as free parking. This property is very close to plenty of dining options as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at TownePlace Suites Orlando East / UCF Area, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
I am pleased to hear that our housekeeping services were a welcome change to the "housekeeping woes" and will be sure to pass this on to our housekeeping department. Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I hope you enjoyed your stay in Orlando and if you return we hope to have you again as our guest!

Been to TownePlace Suites Orlando East / UCF Area? Share your experiences!