“Good value hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #211 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Vaughan, Canada
“Good value hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

If you visit Orlando doing business in east part of the city, then this is a good place to stay. It is next to University of Central Florida (UCF). There are restaurants and shops nearby, yet the hotel is located in a quite location off the University Blvd. Couple of miles south, you can get to a lot more stores along E. Colonial Drive. The room is spacious with a small kitchen, so it comes handy if you need to make your own quick meals. There is also a pullout sofa bed. Lots of guests appear to be coming from schools across US or even overseas. The drawback is the bed is a bit small. It does not look like a queen size, that is what my wife and I felt about. So ask for a larger bed if you want when reserving. The free breakfast is full of sugary pastries and packs of cereals etc. It is a "grab and go" type as the staff explained as there are no tables so that you can sit there eating. The staffs are very nice and friendly. The location is definitely a bit far from these theme parks which are located in the west.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger bed if you can.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at TownePlace Suites Orlando East / UCF Area, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I am glad that you found us to be a good value. If you find yourself back in the East Orlando area we hope to have you again as our guest. Unfortunately the only bed size that our hotel offers is queen beds, and the pull out sofas are full size so we do not have anything larger we can accommodate with if do request a larger bed size. I will be sure to pass this review on to our staff and am pleased to hear that you found them very nice and friendly during your stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We came down to visit the UCF campus and stayed four nights. The location is ideal to visit the colleges and not too bad if you want to take a day and drive to visit the parks. We stayed in a two bedroom suite. The breakfast is definitely grab and go but there was enough of a variety (yogurt, hard boiled eggs, sausage biscuits, bagels, etc.) to skip going out to breakfast. The decor is average but our room and other areas of the hotel were clean. Housekeeping was attentive. The only issue we had was that there was only one shampoo (odd for a 2 bedroom suite), but this was quickly attended to by the front desk.

We arrived very early after driving all night and asked about an early check-in which they quickly accommodated. Also, when I booked, I didn't see any place for AAA discount on the Marriott website but they did provide a discount upon request. Another comment, they do take pets however I think the flat rate charge is a little steep if you plan to stay a day or two. I didn't bring my pet though there were one or two that were there (no issues).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
TPSUCFManager121, Manager at TownePlace Suites Orlando East / UCF Area, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, I am glad that we were able to accommodate your early check in as well as membership discount. We hope you enjoyed the college campus and if you find yourself in the area again we hope to have you as our guest.

If you do find yourself staying with us again, please do not hesitate to contact us after making your reservation about any additional items you may need and we will do our best to ensure that everything is as you request it to be upon arrival!
Clearwater, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

First and last time I stay at this hotel. Marriott has been going downhill these past two years. I have been a loyal patron and lately my past several stays have been awful. The atmosphere was nice upon arrival at this location. Upon check in we open the door to our room and was met with a nasty diaper smell. I know this smell being a father of six. Nothing could get rid of this smell. As I was going downstairs in the elevator to the front desk a huge dry phlegm splatter was on the elevator door. Disgusting!! Mentioned this as well to the front desk. Went to the store around the corner to put things in fridge gone an hour and a half and guess what met me in the elevator again. Same phlegm. Reported it to desk, again. Same smell greeted me to my room when I got back. This was a Sunday night and just a handful of people were there. Seriously, less than 20 guests) early the next morning when we were packing I was surprised to see the fridge was not working. Nothing that was plugged in this outlet was working. Not a good stay, not a happy camper but this property should be happy making $130.00 off me.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
TPSUCFManager121, Manager at TownePlace Suites Orlando East / UCF Area, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
I am sorry to hear of this experience after your departure, with rooms available we would have been glad to transfer you to another room where you felt more comfortable. Being our guest, your comfort is of utmost importance to us! As for the condition of the floor in the elevator, I assure you that this is not the norm and that our management team, as well as Marriott, takes cleanliness and response times seriously and we have discussed this situation with our staff to correct operational errors.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I actually found this hotel online while I was still flying to Orlando. I was on a redeye flight and I realized I would need to sleep after I landed at five in the morning, So I did a quick search and found this place. I paid just over $100 for a last-minute stay that morning. I decided to try to do an early check in, Knowing that these sorts of things are not guaranteed. It was also Thanksgiving day, so I thought my chances of an early check-in would be low, but I was desperate for sleep.

To my amazement, they were able to accommodate my request. I was able to check in, get into my room, close the blinds and fall back asleep at seven in the morning. The room was much more spacious than the average hotel at that price point. I even requested a room far away from their pool so that I could have extra quiet, and they could accommodate that as well.

The service people I encountered during my stay were all fantastic and definitely know the true meaning of the word hospitality. :) Personally I cannot imagine a better place to stay if you need to be near UCF. It's also a very safe place for a female traveling solo.

Room Tip: If you want extra quiet, ask for a room far away from the pool.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
TPSUCFManager121, Manager at TownePlace Suites Orlando East / UCF Area, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
I am glad we were able to create those "wow" factors during your stay with us and hope to have you as our guest again in the future, no matter how early you may need to check in! As for safety, we take guest safety very seriously and are glad to have created an environment where your safety and comfort needs have been met. We do our best to accommodate our guests' requests and want to thank you for your warm comments, I will be sure to pass along to our staff how their hospitality was appreciated!
Arcadia, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have stayed in many hotels near UCF in the 4 years my child has been studying there. This hotel was well located - easy access and many restaurants nearby. The room was very large and clean. The TV IS in a strange position - easy viewing from the couch but once in bed you had to kind of crane your head to see. My room was on the first floor very near the elevator but I did not hear that at all, I could hear people talking in their rooms from the hallway but the room itself was quiet. Breakfast was sparse but Mcdonalds is very close by. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Willemstad, Curacao
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

This Towneplace is better than the one in Miami, the one of Miami is not bad at all, but this one is like newer than the one in Miami. Staff is friendly i stayed here for only one night. The room and bathroom is clean. The funny thing is how the TV's are situated. They are facing the couch in front of the bed, but you can turn the table with the tv on it to face the bed.

• Stayed July 2012
Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Recently traveled to Orlando with family for a wedding and stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. The suite and its accommodations were just what we needed for our 9 day stay and worked very well for us. The drawbacks were the persistent odor of fried fish in the hallway. Obviously someone on our floor was cooking fish on a repeat basis and the odor never went away. The building has a flaw in the HVAC because it is not clearing the odor from the hallways, which have no exterior windows or doors. Secondly was the quality of the housekeeping and bed linens. The housekeeping needs to step it up a notch and CLEAN between guests, I found dirt, dust and nutshells on the floor at check in. The bed linens seemed too small for the bed. We had a queen size and I am convinced they used full size sheets for the bed.
Breakfast is basic, rooms meet our needs, staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites Orlando East / UCF Area? Share your experiences!