“No complaints! Impressive service for a moderate budget hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #208 of 327 hotels in Orlando
San Francisco, California
“No complaints! Impressive service for a moderate budget hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I actually found this hotel online while I was still flying to Orlando. I was on a redeye flight and I realized I would need to sleep after I landed at five in the morning, So I did a quick search and found this place. I paid just over $100 for a last-minute stay that morning. I decided to try to do an early check in, Knowing that these sorts of things are not guaranteed. It was also Thanksgiving day, so I thought my chances of an early check-in would be low, but I was desperate for sleep.

To my amazement, they were able to accommodate my request. I was able to check in, get into my room, close the blinds and fall back asleep at seven in the morning. The room was much more spacious than the average hotel at that price point. I even requested a room far away from their pool so that I could have extra quiet, and they could accommodate that as well.

The service people I encountered during my stay were all fantastic and definitely know the true meaning of the word hospitality. :) Personally I cannot imagine a better place to stay if you need to be near UCF. It's also a very safe place for a female traveling solo.

Room Tip: If you want extra quiet, ask for a room far away from the pool.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
TPSUCFManager121, Manager at TownePlace Suites Orlando East / UCF Area, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
I am glad we were able to create those "wow" factors during your stay with us and hope to have you as our guest again in the future, no matter how early you may need to check in! As for safety, we take guest safety very seriously and are glad to have created an environment where your safety and comfort needs have been met. We do our best to accommodate our guests' requests and want to thank you for your warm comments, I will be sure to pass along to our staff how their hospitality was appreciated!

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Arcadia, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have stayed in many hotels near UCF in the 4 years my child has been studying there. This hotel was well located - easy access and many restaurants nearby. The room was very large and clean. The TV IS in a strange position - easy viewing from the couch but once in bed you had to kind of crane your head to see. My room was on the first floor very near the elevator but I did not hear that at all, I could hear people talking in their rooms from the hallway but the room itself was quiet. Breakfast was sparse but Mcdonalds is very close by. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Willemstad, Curacao
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

This Towneplace is better than the one in Miami, the one of Miami is not bad at all, but this one is like newer than the one in Miami. Staff is friendly i stayed here for only one night. The room and bathroom is clean. The funny thing is how the TV's are situated. They are facing the couch in front of the bed, but you can turn the table with the tv on it to face the bed.

• Stayed July 2012
Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Recently traveled to Orlando with family for a wedding and stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. The suite and its accommodations were just what we needed for our 9 day stay and worked very well for us. The drawbacks were the persistent odor of fried fish in the hallway. Obviously someone on our floor was cooking fish on a repeat basis and the odor never went away. The building has a flaw in the HVAC because it is not clearing the odor from the hallways, which have no exterior windows or doors. Secondly was the quality of the housekeeping and bed linens. The housekeeping needs to step it up a notch and CLEAN between guests, I found dirt, dust and nutshells on the floor at check in. The bed linens seemed too small for the bed. We had a queen size and I am convinced they used full size sheets for the bed.
Breakfast is basic, rooms meet our needs, staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Layton, UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We just checked out of here and had a pleasant stay. We had an event at UCF and it was very close and convenient. Lots of local restaurants nearby, as well as grocery stores or Walmarts. The breakfast was plenty for our needs, but definitely a grab and go breakfast - yogurt, fruit cups, granola bars, grits, sausage rolls, pastries, juices, cold cereal. The breakfast room had no tables to sit at, just couches and chairs, which also encourages you to grab it and go. It made a nice place to visit with the people we were traveling with, though. The room was nicely furnished and the full kitchen was also nice. Our only complaint was that the mattress in our one bedroom suite rolled a bit to the center and needs to be replaced. The pool was small but clean. Also used the exercise room, which was small but nice. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

I was happy with it. It was quiet, pleasant, and would be great for an extended stay.

Stayed April 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012 via mobile

Just checked out of this hotel and It was great! Ben at the front desk was very helpful. The room had everything I needed. Full Kitchen, comfortable bed, nice room especially for the price! The staff in general were great!

• Stayed April 2012

Been to TownePlace Suites Orlando East / UCF Area? Share your experiences!