“Okay place” 4 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #212 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
“Okay place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

I was happy with it. It was quiet, pleasant, and would be great for an extended stay.

Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012 via mobile

Just checked out of this hotel and It was great! Ben at the front desk was very helpful. The room had everything I needed. Full Kitchen, comfortable bed, nice room especially for the price! The staff in general were great!

• Stayed April 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Been traveling between here and home for almost a year, return several times a month and the service is consistently great, warm caring staff, desk and housekeeping. Will continue staying here as long as my contract remains in this area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I am normally not one to complain and normally NEVER make a big deal out of things! This is the first time I have ever made a review on a hotel but am only doing it to protect future guests! I recently had to travel to Orlando, FL for work and was initially supposed to stay in this hotel for 15 days, but only stayed for 5! After 5 days of staying in his hotel I had MANY itchy bites all over my back, legs, arms, and neck. I didn't think much of it at first but when I saw about 25 mattresses outside by a dumpster I was instantly concerned. I decided to ask my coworker who was staying in the same hotel but a completely different floor if she was witnessing bites and low and behold.....SHE WAS! We marched down to the front desk and told them what we were experiencing. The young lady at the front desk was very sweet but couldn't provide any solutions. We spoke to the housekeeping manager who was NO help at all. His solution (because they were "booked") was for my coworker and I to share a room together as they checked our rooms. This is unacceptable! We called our travel department who instantly got us a reservation at a hotel down the street and we moved our stuff out of the rooms immediately! It then took both of us all night at the new (MUCH BETTER) hotel to do our laundry because we did not want to transport the bugs from one hotel to another. Our travel department has been contacting their corporate office and are not getting anywhere. The whole situation has made me never want to stay in a Marriott again and I worked for the Ritz-Carlton which is the luxury brand for Marriott.
Before the bed bugs I was never satisfied with the hotel anyway. Their breakfast is weak and the hallways have a strong floral smell to mask the pets which left me with a headache. The room was also not ready when I got to the hotel but was cleaned way too quick which concerns me. I am not here because I have a personal vendetta against this hotel, I just want all future guests to beware. I am currently staying at the Homewood Suites about a mile away from Towneplace Suites and that hotel I would HIGHLY recommend!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Thought this hotel was pretty nice. It was very close to the university, if that's what you're looking for. I think the room, a Queen with pull out couch, looked almost exactly like the picture (the one with the green chair and pink couch on the right and tv on the left), except that the tv was a larger flat screen. So no complaints there. I'm very big on odors (due to allergies), and I thought this hotel and room smelled nice. Early check in can be as early as 6 am if you ask for it, and late check out can be as late as 1pm. If there were anything I could even complain about, it seemed the complimentary breakfast was almost completely put away by the time I got there a few minutes before 10am when it closed. Basically, all they had was microwavable Jimmy Dean sausage biscuits, a fruit cup, cereal, and yogurt. My husband checked us in, but he had no complaints. Free wireless internet.

There are plenty of restaurants in the area, and it was fairly easy to get there from the airport.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

This was a great location near the university. We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite which accommodated 6 people with full bed in each bedroom and full size sleeper sofa. Each room had its own tv as well as tv in living area. There was a full bathroom with tub/shower and a separate vanity area. It also had a small kitchen with refrigerator stove sink microwave toaster counter area and small table. The beds were very comfortable and the room was very pleasant. Check-in was quick and easy, the staff very friendly and helpful in providing directions around the area as well as to the parks. Light breakfast was offered with bagels pastries juices yogurts cereals apples and bananas as well as pastries and sausage sandwiches that could be heated in the microwave. The area has many restaurants nearby and the hotel is about 5 minutes from the University.i would definitely return this hotel

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Cooper City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012 via mobile

We went to visit ucf so this was a good choice as it is only 2 min from there. Check in was fast and the man was very helpful. The rooms were spacious as we stayed in the 2 bdrm suite with 3 tvs which was great because we were 5 people just the bathroom needs a little updating. But it was clean and nice. It had a table to eat sleeper sofa and full kithchen. The breakfast downstairs was good. It was continental

• Stayed January 2012

Been to TownePlace Suites Orlando East / UCF Area? Share your experiences!