“Great Bandeja Paisa!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mi Bandeja Paisa

Mi Bandeja Paisa
12701 South John Young Parkway, Orlando, FL 32837 (Central Business District)
407.704.7888
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mi Bandeja Paisa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #546 of 3,124 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Colombian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great Bandeja Paisa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Great food! I'm from Colombia and We went to Orlando for vacations, and we visited the Mi Bandeja Paisa Restaurant. The food was very good, the rice,steak,beans and salad.
I've visited a few colombian restaurants in different cities like New York ,Miami Atlanta etc.
But this restaurant is very good. I liked the ambience. It was very clean also.
And yes it's a little expensive but worth it.

• Visited March 2013

Winter Springs, Florida
“Good Food, a Little Pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I are always looking for good Latin food and recently saw where Mi Bandeja Paisa has been given great reviews in a Best of Orlando magazine so we thought we would give it a try. It is a good 40 minutes from our house and not near any places we normally go, so I am not sure we will go back. The food is Colombian which is ok, but we prefer Venezuelan since that is where my wife is from. The menu is reviewed with you on an iPad by your waitress and the selection is pretty good. I thought the prices were a bit high for what you get based on other places we have eaten. The food itself was good, but probably not worth the extra cost. I ordered the skirt steak which is one of my favorites. I was not disappointed, but I was not wowed either. We also had a pitcher of sangria which was ok, but was also a little over priced. The atmosphere was fine, probably what I would classify as slightly upscale family style. The service was good and the staff was friendly. All in all, I would chose Pio Pio over Mi Bandeja Paisa for the same type food at better prices.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Excellent and very nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Really great food, loved the breaded pork chop. I like how they use an iPad to provide visuals of the menu to help you decide what to order. The restaurant decor is really nice. Typically latin restaurants can be on the cafeteria-looking side, or if not, just very stark. This place clearly invested in making it look like a nice restaurant. I think because it looks so nice people get the impression that it's expensive, but it really isn't. More expensive entrees will be in the $20s but many of the menu items are in the $10s with big portions. The wine list could use some work - we didn't risk ordering any of the bottles of unrecognized brand, but the sangria was very good. This place was so good that we actually returned a few days later. The popular touristy restaurants are tiring with the long wait for a table, high prices, and poor service once you actually get to sit down. This was a refreshing change and we'll be returning next time we are in Orlando. Lastly, they were really great with our large group which included our 3 young kids (all under the age of 4).

• Visited December 2012
Orlando, Florida
“Food Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The food is good, please review website and check there menu.

Its on the high side of price, expensive, so look at menu before going so you will not be suprised.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Awesome food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have eaten here serveral times and every time I've fallen in love with their food.
This place isn't that big but it does get busy fast!
The food is always consistantly good I've NEVER had a bad meal here!
The steak also is always cooked perfect when I ask for it medium.
The rice and beans are always flavorful and never lacking in that area.
I also love the portions here I feel for how much someone usually eats this is great!
Usually though I always finsish my meal and leave here full and happy!
You have to try this place it's amazing!

• Visited December 2012