“Need more fish choices” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #341 of 3,106 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Fish on Fire is a Florida style smokehouse and grill, specializing in the freshest seafood around--we'll even cook your catch! The atmosphere is casual and fun, with dog-friendly patio seating in addition to our ample indoor dining room. We offer live music, daily and nightly specials, and we have a great happy hour! Locals and visitors love Fish on Fire, it's a great place to bring family and friends, and to meet great new people!
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Need more fish choices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Was very surprised to see not a lot of different fish or shrimp items on the menu especially when the name of the restaurant has fish in it. The food was good though a little pricey on a pitcher of bud light. Waitress was busy and didn't come back to the table to check on it.

Visited May 2013

The Villages, Florida
“Noting upscale about the place – Just Excellent Food, Prices, and Service! Plain and Simple”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This restaurant is convenient to the Orlando International Airport between exits 8 and 9 on the Beach Line Expressway (FL 528). The restaurant is located adjacent to the LaQuinta Inn and is also convenient to the Holiday Inn Express. In fact, the desk clerk at the Holiday Inn Express recommended this place for dinner and he did not steer me wrong. The restaurant is not fancy at all. It looks more like a country dive bar that you would find in the back woods or swamp. The interior is also, nothing fancy. It looks more like a bar than a restaurant. The food is great and the menu is very reasonable. Many items on the menu were under $10 and only one item was priced over $20. That was a combination of steak, fish and shrimp served with two sides and garlic bread for $24. I had the Tuna Duo which consisted of 2 nice sized yellow fin tuna steaks (Choice of sesame seed, blackened, or cracked pepper seasoned). I had one blackened and one with the pepper – both were very good (although I preferred the blackened). The dish came with 2 sides of which I had the vegetable medley and the collard greens. I skipped the Garlic Bread. I also had a house salad with blue cheese dressing and an unsweet tea. Everything was excellent! The tuna was cooked just the way I like it - seared on the outside and raw in the middle. Many more expensive places I have had this tuna at for twice the price have overcooked it. The service was also excellent. The staff was friendly and courteous and the waitress did a excellent job. She checked with me on a few occasions to be sure that everything was to my liking. I will definitely return to this restaurant and I highly recommend it for anyone who finds themselves in the area, whether driving by on 428 or transiting the Airport. Visited on May 11, 2013.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
fofer01, Owner at Fish on Fire, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Steve, WOW. Thank you for taking time to review Fish on Fire on Trip Adviser. I am very proud that we were hitting on all cylinders during your visit. We all work as a team to set ourselves apart from the box restaurants that dot most major Highways. My family traveled a lot when I was a kid. My father was a career Air Force man. We always talked about how the best food at a reasonable price was usually found in the least likely place. Our crew has bought into the "Fish Filosofy" that we must strive to show our guests an old school approach to hospitality. We are realistic enough to know our efforts may occasionally fall short but we always strive to execute a well done meal. Thank you for letting us and the world know about your visit. Hope to see you soon.

Jay
“Florida atmosphere with good seafood.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

The food is good, service with a smile, and fun atmosphere. Close to the airport and lots of parking.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kenora, Canada
“great place !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

we recently stayed at the la quinta motel nearest the airport and wandered over to the fish on fire. Very very friendly folks staff and customers both ! the food was great as were the prices and we were there for the kentucky derby ( mint juleps) ....would highly recommend going there especially if you are leaving florida its a great ending to your holiday !! ( would be a great start to )

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
fofer01, Owner at Fish on Fire, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Hey Colleen, Good to see you're home safe and sound. Thanks for your help making the Fish a great place. I'll pass your comments on to the staff and customers. Everyone likes to be liked. "Ay"... Thanks again.
Boise, Idaho
“Great little place to dine and drink if you're staying near the MCO airport.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I wandered over from our hotel for a bite to eat. This place was recommended by the hotel can driver. Good food, excellent service, decent prices.

I'd recommend Fish on Fire to any of my friends, any time. My wife and I were both very pleased with the service, the food, and the value.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
fofer01, Owner at Fish on Fire, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thanks for your review and feedback. I am happy to share your thoughts with our crew. If your ever back in Orlando please come and see us again.