“Great little place to dine and drink if you're staying near the MCO airport.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fish on Fire

Improve this listing
Ranked #389 of 3,118 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Fish on Fire is a Florida style smokehouse and grill, specializing in the freshest seafood around--we'll even cook your catch! The atmosphere is casual and fun, with dog-friendly patio seating in addition to our ample indoor dining room. We offer live music, daily and nightly specials, and we have a great happy hour! Locals and visitors love Fish on Fire, it's a great place to bring family and friends, and to meet great new people!
Boise, Idaho
“Great little place to dine and drink if you're staying near the MCO airport.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I wandered over from our hotel for a bite to eat. This place was recommended by the hotel can driver. Good food, excellent service, decent prices.

I'd recommend Fish on Fire to any of my friends, any time. My wife and I were both very pleased with the service, the food, and the value.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
fofer01, Owner at Fish on Fire, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thanks for your review and feedback. I am happy to share your thoughts with our crew. If your ever back in Orlando please come and see us again.

83% Recommend
Neenah, Wisconsin
“Great Value. Delicious Catfish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you've read any of my other reviews, you know that I appreciate good food of all kinds. In addition, I appreciate great value when it comes to good food. This place combines those elements.

Located within close walking distance of the Holiday Inn Express Orlando Airport, this restaurant/bar has indoor and outdoor seating, a bar area and live music.

We ate on a Friday evening and all three of us had fish - and enjoyed it very much. I had the Jerk-style catfish sandwich with cole slaw and red beans and rice as a side. All very good. My sons really enjoyed the hush puppies too.

While the music was a little loud in the dining area, the service was friendly and attentive. We were very pleased with how quickly the meals arrived - faster than appetizers typically arrive at other places.

As I occationally stay at the nearby Holiday Inn for business, I will be making the walk over here again to have dinner.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
fofer01, Owner at Fish on Fire, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Andy,
Thank you so much for your review. It is always a little stressful when you first get a review notification. It is pleasure to read and share yours. We post all reviews and try take the good out each one and I am sure our crew at the "Fish" will get a smile from yours. Thanks again and look me up upon your return to Orlando.

Bordon, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

One week each year a group of British, Dutch,Canadian and New Zealander always book in at the La Quinta Hotel next door to the Restuarant prior to us all visiting Sebring Raceway for the "12 Hours of Sebring".

I have tried a number of the dishes off the menu both before and after the fire 3 years ago and I must say that everything was well presented and tasty especially the black and blue burger, which must be the best burger I have ever tasted!!!!. Although I am not a fish eater, my son always has the blackened grouper at least once during the visit.

The bar staff are always very helpful and courteous even with large groups of tourists, like ourselves.

Being a local bar they regulary have live bands performing.On the Sunday we came back from the circuit they had a traditional Irish band playing...wel it was St.Paddys day and the place was buzzing.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
fofer01, Owner at Fish on Fire, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Cheers Guys, Good to know you've made it home safely... Looking forward to next year.
Thanks for the great review.
“Love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I actually live near here so I am a local but I have to tell you we love it. The atmosphere is wonderful and the staff are really friendly we've only been 3 times or so but everytime we have a good time. The shrimp on fire is excellent as well as the fish dip actually all the food we've had there has been excellent and yes they even allow well behaved dogs on the patio.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
fofer01, Owner at Fish on Fire, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thanks Linda, We always strive to make everyones wxperience as good as you describe. I will pass your thoughts on to our staff. Thamk You again for making "FOF" a proud member of our community.

Brisbane, Australia
“Always packed..for good reason”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

There's a good reason this restaurant/bar on a side road near Orlando is packed every day: great food (especially fresh seafood) and great drink prices. Well drinks just $2 from 4-7pm. The blackened grouper sandwich at $13 is to die for. Although near airport most clientele are locals who know a good deal. Right next to LaQuinta Inn - Airport West. 4 out of 5 stars all around.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
fofer01, Owner at Fish on Fire, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience at the "Fish". I will share this with my staff and let them know they did a great job. It is so much fun when everything works as planned. I hope to see you again soon. Better yet I should visit Australia and wet a line off the the GBR.