“Boys and their toys” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Shooting Gallery

The Shooting Gallery
2911 W 39th St, Orlando, FL 32839 (St Joses)
(407) 428-6225
Carshalton, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“Boys and their toys”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Took my 2 sons to this twice. They loved it but I was glad their dad had gun experience and supervised them. I ws nervous and the 2nd time stayed outside - guns not my thing. All in all thnis is a bit pricey but a once in a lifetime type expereince and was the highlight of our holiday for the boys. The staff were very helpful and ensureed we knew what we were doing and we did have some jams and they sorted them out quickly. I would recommend this if you have experience of gun handling and safetybut I would not think it is suitable for a complete novie (especially and handgun which is easier to wave around!).

Visited October 2012

Uckfield, United Kingdom
“Definitely worth doing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

As a British couple, we had little experience of guns. I've shot shotguns and rifles way back, but my wife was a total newbie.

There's a great selection of weapons and a coupon that gives you 50 rounds and a SMG for $50. My advice would be downgrade to a pistol instead, that way you can actually test your ability to shoot rather than just blast of 50 rounds in a minute. We tried the Glock 17, 19 and a Rueger (and I ignored my own advice and tried an Uzi; perhaps an MP5 would have been a better choice). It was my wife who chose the Glock 19, but I found it the best to shoot with by far.

It is a little daunting to turn up, be shown where the mag and slide releases are and then sent into the range. However, I found the guys perfectly happy to chat, so don't feel you can't ask questions. The emphasis is very much on personal responsibility (this is America, after all), so you'll need to turn up with the right mindset and not expect someone to hold your hand.

All in all, excellent. We went twice (they accepted coupons both times). I'd suggest getting a couple of targets per 50 round box (I found it easier to see where I'd shot with the light green one, but YMMV).

Visited October 2012
kings lynn
24 attraction reviews
“2012 hol”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

been here twice now think the price has gone up since 2010 though, i took up the 50 dollar option advertised in a coupon book i picked a smith handgun instead of the glock the guy behind the counter was very helpfull explaining how to load the gun etc would recommend if your in the vicinity.

Wales
6 attraction reviews
“Exhilarating experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We are both from the UK. My other half has fired a gun in the past but it was the first time for me. We handed over passports as proof of identify and then selected our weapons - a handgun and a machine gun. We took in eye protection and ear defenders. We had listened intently to the instructions but once we were in there we were a bit over awed by the location and had to ask for further assistance which was willingly given. I was also assisted by another member of staff when firing the hand gun. We were supplied with two paper targets with the usual outline of a person, this we brought back with us. I hadn't expected the spent shells to fly off to the right so don't stand next to the person firing! Overall, we found the staff very helpful and it was a wonderful first time experience for me.

simbadoo
12 attraction reviews
“How to keep the husband happy!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Had done something similar in Las Vegas so hubby wanted to have another go whilst in USA and also let or two girls aged 23 & 20 have a go too. Found details easily in local coupon guides and directions from I-Pad. Is about 8 mils North of International Drive just of I-4 Bit daunting on arrival as it is situated opposite a correctional facility in a small block of bail bond outlets! However the staff were very friendly - we were given a short instruction on the use of a Glock hand gun and a machine gun and then shown to a small 6 lane shooing gallery. Not supervised but CCTV present - goggles and ear protection provided but no info of range safety. We were the only people there and are fairly sensible so we had no problems. We had a few problems with overloading the magazine and the hand gun jamming but the chap on duty seemed happy enough to help us when asked. Had so much fun we ordered two extra bowes of ammo - total cost for two guns, four boxes of ammo and 5 targets just over £100. One happy hubby and after a shakey start kids too.