“Y-U-M” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 3,046 restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: E Buena Vista Drive
Description: A new cuisine for a new hotel is the philosophy behind deep blu seafood grille, the award-winning restaurant at the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort, Bonnet Creek. Prepared by world-renowned chefs, your meal will not only be delectable but sustainable. All of the fresh Atlantic seafood, including the swordfish and yellow tail snapper, comes direct from Clean Fish, an organization that works with the finest sustainable fisheries in the area.As for deep blu seafood grille's atmosphere, it's sublime and divine. The contemporary decor is warm and inviting while the open kitchen is apt to stoke your appetite to explore unchartered courses. You may even be inspired to try out one of our private dining options. These secluded settings are perfect for couples, families, and business travelers looking for a quiet spot to seal the deal.
Orlando, Florida
“Y-U-M”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Good food in a great atmosphere. Beautiful tall ceiling hotel welcomes you to walk through it to get to the hostess of Deep Blu, good service. Our server Nicholas, great job, confident in everything he was recommending, very nice, with a smile. He recommended me the Sea Bass.. WOW that was a good meal.. The crab mac and cheese was good, a little dry for me, but tasty. Beautiful hotel, beautiful restaurant, good food, good service. A little pricey but worth is for a special occasion.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
deepbluorlando, Manager at Deep Blu Seafood Grille, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Gitturralde,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review.
Nicholas is a great asset to our team and we will be sure to relay your compliment to him.
We hope you are able to join us again soon!!

The team at deep blu seafood grille

90% Recommend
Wake Forest, North Carolina, USA
“At The Top”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We visit Orlando several times a year and always stay at Hilton Bonnet Creek. Most of our meals have been at Disney restaurants (California grill, Jiko, wave).

We decided to try Deep Blu which is just across the street at the Wyndham. This is one the best restaurants I've ever been to.

The blue crab Mac and cheese, mushrooms and asparagus are amazing. For my entree I had the blackened grouper, also excellent. My wife had the filet which she equally enjoyed.

The service is top notch and valet is complimentary. If you're in the area and love seafood you won't be disappointed.

Dear wf9150,

Thank you so much for such an outstanding review!
We are so happy to hear you had such a great dining experience with us and that you were able to join us from across the street!
We hope you are able to join us again the next time you are in Orlando as our menu is always changing to reflect the freshest ingredients!

The team at deep blu seafood grille
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Fantastic meal, service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My parents had been to Deep Blu a few times and had always raved about it. We decided to take my mom there the Saturday of Mother's Day weekend, and I can't agree more with how wonderful the restaurant is.
We had Vincent, and the service was perfect. He had great recommendations for food and wine, and he did everything possible to make sure my mom had a nice Mother's Day meal.
Yes, the prices are a bit high, but this is a fancier restaurant so it's expected. We ordered the grouper, filet mignon and ribeyes, and they were all wonderful. The blue crab mac and cheese was a delicious side dish that we were nearly fighting over. The crab cake is also amazing -- pure crab, no filler.
This is definitely a restaurant I will return to for special occasions.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
deepbluorlando, Manager at Deep Blu Seafood Grille, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Jessica P,

We are so pleased to hear your family enjoyed their Mother’s Day dinner with us and are so honored you chose us to celebrate it with! We would love to have you back again soon and can’t wait to celebrate the next holiday or milestone with your family!

The team at deep blu
Orlando
“Stand out in a city of tourist traps”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Wife and I had an absolutly amazing dinner. I'm not a seafood can, but she loves it and sushi so this seemed like a winner. Ironically we both ordered the 6oz filet, blackened, and it was one of the best I have had in a while. Service was excellent, and the wife raved about the crab cake and blu crab Mac n'cheese.
Orlando can be tough to find nice moderately priced dining, and sometimes even harder in a hotel. Deep Blu certainly has earned all the awards it has been given. For a great night out, give it a try!!

Dear Kyleg453,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your dining experience with us.
We hope you are able to join us again soon as our menu is always changing and evolving to evoke the latest culinary trends and freshest ingredients.

The team at deep blu
Baltimore, MD
“Inconsistent - Some good, some just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

For the prices paid, I expect more. Nice atmosphere, but the service and food were inconsistent. The first time we ate there, I thought all the food was too heavily salted. The desserts were alright (the first night we got the sampler which allowed us to try several of their dessert items), although the Key Lime pie we had on another night was nicely done in both presentation and flavor--except the crust was too tough. Very hard. The Key Lime pie had nice texture and soft flavor (not that corn syrupy, cloyingly sweet, artificial lime flavor you find with most key lime pies). The green sauce and fun little candy caviar things were a nice touch. See attached picture.

SERVICE

The first night, our server was alright. Not great, not bad. He was pretty slow, and it was not a busy night by any measure. One thing that really got me miffed was that he recommended a wine to go with the scallop linguine well after it was served, which he said he'll bring right out so it could go with the linguine, but he took about 10 minutes and by that time, the linguine had gotten cold. And the wine was too sweet, which you'd think he'd mention when it's THAT sweet and make us wait 10 min. (And I usually like sweet things--I put 6 packets of sugar into a short glass of iced tea).

The next night, we had the absolute best server we ever had anywhere, named Renee. Toward the end of the meal, she asked what she could get for us. Whatever we wanted, she was prepared. She came with both the dessert menu and the check. We HATE having to wait and wait for our check every time we eat out. This was the first time a server came prepared with it without us even having to ask. She was just great all around. Not overbearing, but very attentive when we needed her. She was awesome.

SUSHI

The sushi selection was pretty sparse, but they had a special roll that included tuna, cilantro, avocado and other things that while not "authentic", was creative and really good. Something different. Because of the small variety, I wouldn't go there for the sushi. We got it as an appetizer.

HEAVILY SALTED, OVER-SAUCED

My husband said his Blackened Mahi Mahi was seasoned just right, but I thought it was salty. I ordered the scallop linguine, but it was WAY too heavily sauced and VERY SALTY. My husband agreed with me there. And there was too much "bacon-y" flavored ham in it, which overpowered the scallops. Just a touch of delicate bacon flavor would have been nice. Even I make a better scallop linguine.

CRAB CAKE, STEAMED MUSSELS

Don't bother getting the overpriced tiny crab cake appetizer w/ sundried tomato aioli. It was recommended as an award-winning recipe, but both my husband and I were wholly unimpressed (nothing beats a good Maryland crab cake). We did appreciate the fact that it was not made with unnecessary filler, but this just tasted like they dumped a can of crab meat into a frying pan. You need a little extra filler-type of ingredients for flavor and to call it a crab "cake". I can't imagine how what we had could be an award-winning recipe. Maybe it was just made poorly on that particular night. No flavor. The sundried tomato aioli described on the menu seemed to be missing. The steamed mussels were a better appetizer choice. Those were very good and fresh. Yum.

SEAFOOD, BRAISED SHORT RIBS

The next night, I had braised short ribs and "whipped potatoes" (a.k.a. mashed potatoes) and a few asparagus sprigs wrapped with a small piece of bacon. The ribs were very tender, but I didn't find the sauce very tasty, but the berries were a nice touch. It had oddly dehydrated, shaved carrots on top. (see pic) At dinner, it didn't seem like anything to write home about, but as leftovers the next day when we were hungry, my husband and I found it to be very good.

My husband had a seafood boil or bake type thing (see pic) which he did enjoy very much.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
deepbluorlando, Manager at Deep Blu Seafood Grille, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear CalJackJD,

Thank you for the feedback, as we are always looking for ways to improve ourselves and continue to work hard to provide the best food and service possible.
Please feel free to call and discuss this further with management and we hope you are able to join us again so that we can truly give you the service and cuisine we have become known for.

all the best,

the team at deep blu seafood grille