“Service wonderful! Vegetarian options limited....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Elegante Bistro and Lounge

Elegante Bistro and Lounge
9901 Hawaiian Ct, Orlando, FL 32819 (St Joses)
(407) 352-4090
Website
Update restaurant details
Ranked #1,768 of 3,049 restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Large groups
Neighborhood: St Joses
Description: ...a mediterranean inspired menu. Entrees from Greece, Spain, Italty & the Middle East. Flatbreads, Pizza, Pasta, Kabobs, Fresh cut Steaks, Mezes, Wraps, Gourmet Salads & many more delicious creations for your palate. We are located across from the Orange County Convention Center. We cater to all, welcome all!-Fresh Food-Diversified menu for large groups-We Cater-Live Entertainment Fri & Sat-Hookah & Cigar Patio
Inman, South Carolina
“Service wonderful! Vegetarian options limited....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

There wasn't much of a wait here; we were the only ones there. The thing that made this place was the excellent waitress! She was about 20 years old and was so kind and attentive. It really made me like the place.

Vegetarian options very limited. They have falafel but were out that evening. I had a Greek salad, which was small, but I topped it off with delicious apple pie stuff in phylo pastry. Very good! My friends had kabobs and were happy.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

50% Recommend
michigan
“AVOID THIS "RESTAURANT"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

When my business partner and I arrived at this restaurant there was only 1 table of customers. Soon after arriving there was a restaurant full of unhappy and irritated customers. I ordered their Filet kabobs and rice. Our food came out fairly quickly, however, the food was plated wrong, my rice was on my business partners plate and his potatoes were on my plate. Not a big deal, just the first of many. My kabob was burnt so bad that I could not cut it with a knife. I did not eat it, and did not complain because by the time the waitress got back to our table, I was just plain tired of being there and I felt bad for the waitress. She was literraly running from table to table trying to deal with problems that were being created by being understaffed and having a kitchen that was designed to be a deli in a supermarket (which it was). The prices were cheap, but still weren't worth what we paid. I have a feeling that this restraurant exists only to catch the occasional business person walking from the Orange County Convention Center to their hotel. Unfortunately, their location was enough to get me in to the place once, but the restaurant (I use that term loosley) was poor enough to assure that I will never be back.

Visited April 2012
Shropshire
“Tasty food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Found this place on our last evening in Orlando. For starters my husband and I shared the Italian antipasti, it was lovely, the olives were to die for!!! For mains both my husband and I both chose a kebab, I had the chicken and my husband the beef. These were both tasty, fresh and filling. I recommend this restaurant as a real change to burgers everywhere you turn!!!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, IN
“Management needs a wake up call”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

This was across from our hotel, and we had a large group getting together so we hoped this would be a nice option. There were only us and one other table - and we still had terrible service. The food was fine, nothing to write home again or want you to forgive the service. Now we know why we were the only ones there.....

Visited March 2012
Edmonton, AB
“Great Beer, and 2 for 1 until 10pm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

So I was in Orlando for a Conference at the OCCC, and staying at the Rosen Centre. One night getting off at the Trolley Stop, in front of the hotel, there was a kid with a sign advertising 2 for 1 drinks from 5pm - 10pm at Elegante, I ignored this that night as I was tired.

The next and my final night, I was looking through the Trolley Map book and saw a coupon for a free drink at Elegante and decided to try it. So before dinner I popped over and wasn't quite sure if the place was even open as it was deserted. Then a staff member came out and told me to grab a seat and brought me a menu.

After looking at the menu, I decided I didn't want Mediterrain Food, but would have a few drinks. i handed him my free drink coupon expecting some sort of issue, since I wasn't buying food. It was no problem and they even honored the happy hour special with my coupon, so 2 free beer!!. I then ordered another drink, at the time the bar manager was in, and she was friendly and talkative, saying that the place had been open around a year and was trying to figure out how to get the word out about the restraunt. I did tell her I saw the add in the Trolley Map and the kid with the sign.

So when it came time for my bill, the total for my 4 beers (2 free) and then a 2 for 1 for happy hour and was surprised at how cheap the beer was $4 for a pint of Blue Moon, compared to $9 at the Rosen for the same pint.

I would recommend this place for some before dinner or after dinner drinks.

They do offer Hookah for $10, but I have never tried this and didn't feel like it.

Matt