“Blue Tree was great not Westgate Blue Tree” 5 of 5 stars

Blue Tree Resort at Lake Buena Vista
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   12007 Cypress Run Road, Orlando, FL 32836   |
Ranked #58 of 328 hotels in Orlando
NJ
“Blue Tree was great not Westgate Blue Tree”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2006

Had a wonderfull stay at the Blue Tree resort. There are two (2) entities at the resort. The regular Blue Tree Resort and a section owned by Westgate known as Westgate Blue Tree who sells the remaining timeshares. We stayed with the regular Blue Tree people and had nothing to do with Westgate. It was just wonderfull. Check in was in a newly built building and was very smooth and pleasant. There was convenient parking with no hassles. The large two (2) bedroom two (2) bath unit was beautiful. Fully equiped kitchen, large screened porch with patio furniture, full size washer and dryer, jacuzzi tub in the master bedroom bathroom and two (2) TV's with VCR/DVD players. The master bedroom had a king size bed and the second bedroom had two (2) single beds. The sofa is a queen size pull out sleeper sofa for additional room if needed. Since there were only the four (4) of us (2-adults and 2-children ages 14, twins) we didn't use the sleeper sofa. It appeared as if all the furnishing were new and the unit was just recently totally remodeled and in excellent condition. No maintenance problems at all. The grounds were very well kept and clean. Maintenance was out every morning cleaning the pools and outdoor jacuzzis at 6:00 am and constantly working and doing upkeep all day long. Roaming security was present 24 hours a day. Never had or heard of any security problems at all. The entire staff was very friendly and would answer any and all questions. There are four (4) pools and a kiddie pool. Two (2) pools are heated as well as is the kiddie pool. Pools were not crowded at all and very enjoyable. There are also two (2) large outdoor jacuzzis. Blue Tree is a small complex of only about 392 units on sixteen (16) acres (I asked) and three (3) stories high with loads of amenities. New tennis/basketball courts, sand volley ball, miniture golf, horse shoe pits, shuffle board, ping pong table, arcade room, fitness room and a small convienence store on site. You can walk to the shops and resturants in the area. Disney is about five (5) minutes away. The resort and it's location is just perfect in my opinion. We can't wait to go back. I have read some negative reviews posted and I can't believe they stayed at Blue Tree. The negative review people must have been with the Westgate folks. Blue Tree was just beautifull.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Can't find one thing
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay with the regular Blue Tree Resort not Westgate
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

760 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Erie PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2006

This was the WORST place I have ever stayed unless you count a cabin in a rundown CampGround in West Virgina. This ran a close second. I could fill the page with details from broken pipes to a moldy shower curtain but I think if you read the other reviews you'll get the picture as to what a dive this place is. What I will say is that Westgate uses this motel for their Condo Sell--Timeshare. Sort of a bait and switch as they are overbooked at the other hotels and then ship you off to this disaster. When I asked at the presentation, since they are affilliated, why they have such a dive for their guests they tried to shrug it off. They were especially offended when I asked, "If this is how you treat your potential timeshare buyers before you get your hands on their money--How will you treat them afterwards?" At that point we were asked to be escorted out!!! Our salesman who was very nice was so embarrassed by her behavior. I really think these people might have been the orIginal people who started chain letters and now are moving on up and calling it a Timeshare!!! I am sure there are good ones but I can guarantee there not with Westgate if my experience was the rule and not the exception.

• Liked — Nothing Except Maybe Leaving!
  • Disliked — Moldy Shower Curtain Broken Pipes Filthy Rooms Garbage Everywhere Broken Door
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay Away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chesapeake, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2006

I exchanged timeshare purchased at Westgate Williamsburg for this location. It was a slight downgrade from what we purhased, however the unit met our needs. The guest room had two twin beds, the master room had one queen. There was a TV in both bedrooms, and in the living area there was a TV with VCR and DVD. The furniture, cooking utensials, and decorations were all nice. They provided housekeeping mid-week and you were able to exchange dirty towels for clean towels at no extra charge. I was able to get additional towels, dish clothes, and paper towels at no charge. They provided dish washing soap, and the bathroom soap and shampo sets ( I don't know if these are owner benefits since I own with Westgate). If it were not for the carpet which was dirty and old, it would have been an almost perfect stay. Orlando has great attractions so unless you have horrible accomodations, its hard not to have a great time. I would stay there again possibly, although I would like to see if there are better accomodations at the Westgate Lakes and Spa Resort. I didn't participate in any of the resort's activities although they provided a schedule of many events throughout the week. There was nothing super about the rooms or bathrooms, some of the drawers on the dressor were off track, and we had to keep shoes on at all times, due to the floors. I guess my rating is comparing this to a typical hotel stay, where you wouldn't have had the benefit of seperate rooms and open living areas and kitchens. Since this is my first timeshare stay, I couldn't compare it with other resort experiences.

• Liked — the amenities
  • Disliked — the cleanliness of the floor
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
chesterfield, va
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2006

Exchanged my Freeport timeshare for Bluetree due to the week available. I was initially impressed with the room, and the service. During the week I noticed some issues that were of concern. I had someone puke in the pool, and when reported they were slow to clean it up. The room was very clean, and well stocked. At the end of the visit the hot water heater began to leak, and I had to switch to a new unit in a FLorida rain storm with my 7 year old. Since this is a problem with older units I was happy that they addressed it as promptly as they did. The front desk was very helpful with directions to area attractions. The hot tub was in a nice shady area. I WILL RETURN IN APRIL OF 2007.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — age of unit
  • Tips/Secrets — if not happy be vocal
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2006

Date: August 19, 2006
Trip Advisor Member, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Just returned from The Blue Tree Resort in Kissimmee, Florida.
Six of us were there from August 5-13. We drove to Buffalo, New York, and flew from Buffalo to Orlando via Air Tran. We were quite impressed with Air Tran. They are a Low Fare Airline. You get a little bag of Gourmet Pretzels and a drink while on board. We saved hundreds of dollars by flying from Buffalo. The staff were very kind and friendly. There was ample leg room and the trip was very smooth.

As we got to our resort, the Front Desk staff were very courteous. We were greeted by Ayesha and Santiago. The Reception area is very attractive looking with very clean, shiny floors. There is a section there where you can get coffee any time.
Upon check-in, we asked about a safe for our documents, and were told that they were free. The only thing we didn't feel comfortable with is that you have to put your valuables in the safe right at the Front Desk. Meanwhile, there are other people there checking in. I felt they should have a private space where we can place our things in there without others looking from everywhere. But by the second time around, i did ask if i could take the safe by the coffee machine and they were ok with that.
I don't own any time share units at this resort, but my office friend referred it to me, and we took in her time share spot.
There were 4 adults, 2 children, ages 11 and 14. The weather was gorgeous, hot, but not muggy. It only rained once for half an hour the whole time we were there.
As we got into our unit, it was amazing. It looked as though it had been newly renovated. It was spotless, the kitchen was beautiful, so clean with brand new appliances and a new fridge and stove.
The decor is just beautiful, with the back of the kitchen chairs carved into pineapples. We felt so good walking in there. The bathrooms were really nice with all the clean towels all nicely laid. The had told us that if we needed anything, to let them know. Our toaster only toasted on one side, so it didn't take long for them to bring us another one. We had 2 bedrooms, which were spacious and made of bamboo (my favorite).
There are 4 pools on this resort, nice and clean. There was a phone right by one of the pools, which sure made it handy for us to phone Canada. They have a laundry room, an arcade room, excercise room. It just felt so good being there. It reminded me of some of the all-inclusive resorts we go to, only you have to buy your own food. This resort is about 10 minutes away from the Magic Kingdom, MGM, and Typhoon Lagoon, which are some of the places we visited. There is a Winn-Dixie within walking distance and a Walgreens. You could walk to these stores, they are so close. We visited NY China Buffet twice, (just around the corner) very good food there. Internet was free as well, although they would limit the time to 15 minutes, to allow everyone a chance.Lots of places to shop close by. This is an ideal resort, and a great location for families. If you want a good beach though, you have to travel about an hour or so by car. We went to New Symerna Beach and Coco Beach. Overall, this was an excellent vacation enjoyed by all of us. I would recomment this resort to anyone.

Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2006

Where do I start with my family's horrible, heart-breaking experience with Westgate "Resorts"?... Alright, first off, (my 11-year-old daughter thought we'd stopped at a retirement center to visit aging relatives)... How about while my wife and 4 kids were sitting in the registration office for 90 minutes while I battled "customer service" (neither word, by the way, was I able to recognize)...or maybe while I quietly steamed while being kept on hold for 5-10 minutes at a time while they "researched" my problem...

Yeah, "my problem" was trusting Westgate '"Resorts" (a term I'll use loosely), in the first place! We booked a 3-night (reduced rate) stay, complete with the mandatory 90-min. walk and talk about timeshares. We were going to be at Universal Studios for 2 days anyway, so I wanted something nearby for the kids. I'd never experienced a "timeshare" before and figured I'd give it a try, maybe even invest... (a thought I shudder at now.) But I never even got the chance!! They had "overbooked" the place... sound familiar to any of you "regulars" out there? Ever heard of "bait and switch"? Funny thing is, they also "overbooked" the Westgate Lakes and the Westgate Palace. Two other "resorts" they owned nearby. (I learned this fact from their own customer service rep. as she tried to find us another place). Instead, like all those others, we were to be placed in a (barely) 1-star hotel called the "Palomino Suites" down the road. Luckily, we're not from out-of-state, and had the option of not settling for being abused like they would have to be.

So, I disputed what they tried to do to my family at the registration desk, and they told me 'they can't help", Big suprise... hence the aforementioned customer service "tooth-pulling session"... Last time I checked, it was illegal for a business to allow you to book a location over the web, confirm it with a real human by phone, then tell you where you need to go to register for your room (silly me, not realizing it would be a completely different hotel than they told me it would be!)... they even told us to take the "virtual tour" of the resort and our room on-line, sent us directions to the "resort" and then switched everything when we got there...

Ah, but wait, the plot thickens... we had only been able to print our "final confirmation letter", just hours before we arrived (we used a friend's house on the way there, as our printer was down.) It stated we were to stay at the Palomino Suites... which (of course) we figured must - be - a - part - of - the - Westgate Blue Tree Resort since we don't work for the blasted place, how would we know any different!! Remember, the directions we received in the same printout led us straight to the "resort" not the cheap hotel!!!

So, to sum up this long-winded spillage of my soul... I cancelled the whole thing right in-front of my upset kids and wife (luckily we only live 90 min.'s away on the east coast) and told the resort to cancel and/or refund any charges made to my account. Simple enough right? Story should end, right?... Wait... remember who we're dealing with "Westgate Resorts"... so... No! They would not refund me, they might even charge me for the whole stay (when in reality my "stay" consisted of arguing over the phone for 90 minutes with customer service(??) while the staff behind the registration counter giggled and belittled me in Spanish... guess what, I know a little Spanish too... so does my lawyer, how do you say "fraud" and "character defamation" in Spanish?

I guess we'll just have to wait and see... and with any luck, I'll have enlightened thousands of potential victims to steer clear from Westgate "Resorts"!

(...at least I'm sleeping in my own comfortable bed tonight.)

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2006

I have been an owner of 2 units at blue tree for over 10 years. I am very Disappointed with the maintenance, upkeep and staff. We have been coming every year and started off good. Every year since I purchased it has gone down hill. Every year I seem to be paying more in maintenance fees, and getting less in quality and service. Every year there seems to be a new problem upon check-in. For the last two years check-in has been a nightmare! I guess it would be alright if you and the party you were traveling with did not want to stay in the same building. And Owner services what a JOKE. If you make special request expect not to have them honored even after confirming prior to travel. The staff is not helpful in actuality they are down right rude, especially the manager at check-in. They are never able to move rooms because there is no rooms available, where are the guest??? Not at this resort! I was able to walk around and found that the cleaning and maintenance staff used 4 out of the 8 first floor rooms in the Sunday check in building for storage then there may not be a problem with getting first floor rooms for guest that are not able to climb the stairs.– As you can see not a hard request to fill!!! The other 2 Sunday check in buildings were being renovated. The rooms were filthy. The carpet was damp and I would not allow my three children to walk on the floor without shoes, good thing because I picked up a fungus on my foot from the room. That was a nice trip to the doctor after I got home. I plan on going next year but will pay extra to stay at another resort through interval.

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Blue Tree Resort at Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!