“Don't hold your breath for the beverage girl to come along.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of MetroWest Golf Club

MetroWest Golf Club
2100 S. Hiawassee Road, Orlando, FL 32835 (Metro West)
1-407-299-1099
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #136 of 239 Activities in Orlando
Type: Golf Courses, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: MetroWest Golf Club, voted the best golf course in Orlando, is located just minutes away from Universal Orlando Resort. The club provides a fair, yet demanding challenge to make a pleasurable golf experience for players of all skill levels.
eagleville
9 attraction reviews
“Don't hold your breath for the beverage girl to come along.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Played golf today with seven buddies at this golf course. The golf course was good and in pretty good shape for this time of year. Seems like the layout is a little bit dated and in need of and upgrade like most courses do over time. The staff on the course were fantastic. But, the only issue I has was with the beverage girl...she stopped by on our 2nd hole we got a few drinks and tipped well. We asked when she would be around again and she said soon. Guess what, we never saw her again. We always drink some beer when playing and we are very generous tippers but were very disappointed when she never came around again. The water fountain was broken and there were no cups at the coolers so just imagine how thirsty we were

Hudson, Wisconsin
19 attraction reviews
“Nice course with good service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Just got back from 7 rounds in the Orlando area playing Southern Dunes, Orange County, Falcons Fire, Ridgewood Lakes and MetroWest.

MetroWest is a very good value - payed $69 on a Saturday morning and the course has a solid design and was in good shape over all. While a step down from OCN and Southern Dunes for an inexpensive morning round this course is a great option.

Food and beverage service on and off the course was very good. We saw the bev cart alot and it was a full day. Inside the service was fast and the locker rooms were a very nice addition. The cart staff informed us how to get towels after the round and provided a lot of great information.

The course was in good shape and the greens were putting very true at a moderate speed. The greens are tiny compared to OCN and Southern Dunes. Lots of challenges throughout the course and you can tell it was designed by one of the best.

Pro shop was efficient and very friendly. Check this out if you want a good value on your next trip!

Visited January 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
8 attraction reviews
“Great day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

I played this course on Jan 2nd. It was in just perfect shape. The tee boxes only had a few ball marks but were mostly green. The fairways and greens were in perfect shape. The sand traps were in good shape I know because i was in pleanty. The greens rolled very well. The GPS on the cart was not only accurate but readable from a distance. The course was testing but playable for a high handicapper like myself. All the staff from the bag drop gentleman to the pro shop staff and the cart girl and bar staff were very friendly. I would recommend this course highly and would play this again next time I am in town.

Windermere FL
3 attraction reviews
“Course is in great shape and truly fun, and challenging, to play.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Just for the record, I live in central Florida which has plenty of quality golf courses. I have to admit, the greens were not in the best shape in the spring for some reason (some minor bare patches) but now the entire course is in tip-top shape. It's a beatifully maintained course and fun to play. There are some memorable and challenging holes, with water and sand hazards that call for confident shots and/or good course management. And yet the course is not overly challenging for the mid to higher handicap players like myself. The staff is always friendly as well. I've played here 3 times this year and each time I enjoy it more than the previous time. Pace of play has been very good, with rounds lasting from 3.5 to 4 hours (summer is not as busy as spring for sure). I'll definitely play it again.

Visited July 2012
Minnesota
“Wonderful Course Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

My husband and I golfed MetroWest Golf Club March 12 2012 I found it in the directory at the hotel we were staying in. So glad we did. It was absolutely beautiful with challenging holes for my husband but not so difficult that I didn't enjoy playing. I would recommend this course to anyone, plus the staff was friendly and helpful.

Visited March 2012