“excelent” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“excelent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I have been going to hotels all around florida for years but his property was first class. I am used to rooms with basic amenities as we like to eat out. This time we were surprised to find all equipment and utilities in house. This time we enjoyed having breakfast or lunch in the apartment and eating out at night. it made a change from the usual buffets and stodge. Pools were great and entertainment if you wanted. Actually thought about timeshare for a moment but couldn't justify. We only had a 1 bed apt. and lounge area quite small but bedroom and bathroom good size. saw 2 bedroom apts and lounge area massive. Loved this property and walking distance from restaurants and pubs. Beats international drive. Would recommend a car as central for vitually all orlando attractions and malls as long as you know shortcuts and back roads.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Phila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

My DH and I along with our daughter, son in law and two grandsons (3 & 1) just returned from a wonderful week. Our condo was very spacious, immaculately clean and in a perfect location. We had a two bedroom 2 bath that was totally renovated. The pools were sparkling clean, the front desk staff was so pleasant and very quick to respond to any request ( in fact when we called about a drain issue we had two plumbers show up). We were able to get to downtown Disney in 5 minutes or so and to the parks in just about 15 minutes. For the low price we paid I was just hoping it would be nice but it far exceeded our expectations. We would love to return when the boys are a little older to enjoy the daily kids activities at the activity center and pool area and the on site mini golf too!!

Room Tip: They are building a new check in center that is not finished so ask for a room away from the constru...
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I stayed in one bedroom condo - the biggest one bedroom apartment I've ever seen. The kitchen was well appointed, the bed huge and comfortable, and the bathroom was large with a great bath. There were some signs of wear and tear, but I could live with it for the price. The pool was nearby and large, with an adjacent hot tub that I enjoyed soaking in after a long day. Close enough to the Disney parks, and with plent of nearby restaurants.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

if u're going to WDW it dosent matter
becase u wont see much the hotel u're staying in

for couples it's a great place
u got a kichen with almot all of the appliances u need

in the 3rd floor(out of 5, 1st is groound floor) of the building u have washer/drayer for only 1 dollar for a round :) :) cool and handy

market in the middle of the compound with pizza deleviry and a pool :) :)

we've shoped at winni dixie which is 500 feet away from the place
and filled our refrigrator for the while week and if u're lazy so
....
10 minutes radoius u got the following :
pharmacy
denny's, iHOP, olive garden, chineese buffet, black angus
and so more

it's a 10 min drive to epcot, 15 to magic kongdom

good place i would defently go back there if i'll travel to florida

Room Tip: get the 4 or 5th floor
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Windsor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed here for a week in May 2012 for our trip to all the Disney parks and Univeral STudios. WE stayed on the Grande Villas side which is the side with the turtle pool, NOT the volcano pool. We had a 2 bedroom newly renovated unit which was above my expectations! huge condo, granite everywhere, large roman bathtub, full kitchen with all new appliances. very clean, it felt like we were the first family to stay in there! very convenient location, Winn Dixie supermarket is around the corner, tons of restaurants nearby, Giordano's pizza is almost in walking distance. Downtown Disney around the corner. only took us 5 minutes to get onto Disney property, ten into parking at the parks. Would definitely stay here again. only thing I didn't like was the temperature of the cold water faucet, it was never colder than 83 degrees. I know this because I called maintenance down and they tested the temp. might have been a problem with the boiler. I also hope they offer free wifi in the future.

Room Tip: ask for a renovated unit
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stayed here for the week of May 7, 2012. We had 5 adults and 2 children and traded in some RCI weeks to get 2 suites that gave us 3 bedrooms total. Our suites were very clean and everything was in working order. The kitchen was well equipped and we were able to cook all of our breakfasts and dinners there without any problems. The bathrooms were very big and the bedrooms were average size (beds were a little firm but not too noticeable.) Despite what many others have said about thins walls, we couldn't hear anyone the whole week. There are 3 pools located on the property: Turtle, Whale, and Volcano. The Volcano pool was our favorite, with a waterfall and small water slides for the kids. We mostly used the Turtle pool since it was right outside our door...not as many people used it and was definitely quieter than the Volcano. There is also a 9 hole putt-putt course on property that was free and we used a few times. There were only 2 drawbacks I had this week. One was that they charged for internet that was pretty slow and unreliable (really in this day and age?) The other was that the gym was not very good. Both treadmills were broken and the Nautilus machine was hardly usable...then again we were in Florida so you could always run outside to bypass those broken treadmills and bring resistance bands for some weight work.
As for location you can't go wrong here. There is a Winn-Dixie within walking distance for groceries and a ton of restaurants within 1 mile if you want to dine out. All of the theme parks are very close as well. You can turn onto Disney property within 2 minutes of leaving, Sea World is only an exit north via Interstate 4, and Universal is only 4 exits north via Interstate 4. We would definitely stay here again and plan on coming back again.

Cameron, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I had the Groupon for this resort, and I think it was well worth the money. It basically came down to a little over $70 a night, and I've stayed in many places not half as nice for that amount. I'm pretty sure we were in one of the refurbished rooms, so that may explain the difference in how others felt about their rooms. Ours didn't look like any of the pics, but it was quite nice. There was no turndown service, but I prefer people not go in my room when I'm not there anyway and I think I'm perfectly capable of turning down my own bedspread. Because we were out all day in town, we didn't get to use things such as the putt-putt course or the pools, but they looked nice and clean. Our room was very clean (and I'm REALLY picky). The bathroom was huge. The bedroom and sitting-room were both on the small side, but as we were really only there to sleep it wasn't bothersome. It was only me and my husband though, so a larger party might want to go with a larger room. The bed was very comfortable, even if it was slightly on the firm side. Despite that I slept like a baby. I only heard our neighbors once and I was in the bathroom at the time - we couldn't hear anyone from the bedroom. The only downsides I can think of are the the front desk at check-in wasn't overly friendly and the internet - $5 a day, slow, and constantly going out. I was taking an online class and had to turn in assignments, but I was kicked off so much that I was afraid I would have to go to a Starbucks just to get a decent connection. Also they do try to get you to sit through time share seminars for cheap tickets, but we just said we'd think about it and they left us alone. If internet isn't a big deal for you then I think you'll enjoy your stay. We definitely did :)

Room Tip: We were in Pelican Cay and really enjoyed it. I would ask for a top-floor room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grande Villas Resort? Share your experiences!