“Good but not great” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Aloha Isle at Magic Kingdom

Aloha Isle at Magic Kingdom
1600 Seven Seas Dr, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)
(407) 939-3463
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 3,168 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Dessert
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Walt Disney World Resort
Description: Delight in cool refreshments, including the popular Dole Whip- soft serve ice cream with a tropical twist.
McKeesport, Pennsylvania
“Good but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

After reading all the reviews I had to go here.It was good but nothing to write home about.I tried the pineapple float with the orange dole whip. I should have just got the dole whip because the pineapple juice was a bit bitter. The good thing if you have the dining plan, you could use this as a snack credit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“One of the best treats at Disney - just try it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Aloha Isle is an oasis in Adventureland that sells little bits of happiness known as Dole whips and Dole whip floats. When I'm not at Disney, I seriously dream of these floats, they are that incredible. If you're reading this and thinking of trying a Dole whip, just stop now and get one. You won't regret it.

I'll admit it - I hate soft serve and think it's a waste of time and calories. That being said, Dole whips are the best frozen dessert I have ever had. They're sweet, refreshing, and just a little bit creamy - all things soft serve is usually not. Couple that perfect swirl of pineapple soft serve with sweet, fresh Dole pineapple juice in a plastic glass and you have heaven. They also have orange flavored Dole whips and vanilla, but if you come here and just get vanilla, seriously - get out of my line.

Minuses: the line is always long (the word is out, what can I say?) and service is extremely slow. The cast members are usually pretty bland or even surly too, but you would be too if you had to work in a hot, cramped closet making soft serve all day. At peak times, there's no nearby seating and the stroller parking area directly across the way is a smoking area - gross. Lastly, happiness doesn't come cheap: a regular Dole whip will set you back about $3.50, while a float costs $5. I'm normally irritated by the overpriced food at Disney, particularly for desserts, but these are so good I just don't care. (Yeah, that's a lot of cons, but the amazing power of the Dole whip just negates all of that and more.)

Whenever I'm at MK, even if it's just for a few hours or no matter what time of day it is, a stop at Aloha Isle is a must! If I could give this place a million stars, I totally would. A Dole whip float is easily my favorite thing in Disney, and probably the world.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
KyMom1
“Gotta Have It!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was so excited while on our trip to Disney and discovered that I could get a Dole Whip at Aloha Isle! Even though the line was long on a very hot day, I was not deterred. And my wait was worth it. I savored every bit of the pineapple soft serve goodness. It is a bit pricey at around $3.50 a serving, but I used a snack entitlement from my Disney Dining Plan to pay for it. They also have the whip in orange and vanilla flavors and in the form of a float, but I prefer the original pineapple soft serve by itself. Heaven in a cup on a hot day!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Need a FP Line for the Dole Whip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

It tasted good and was reasonably priced at $5 but I waited in line 40 minutes in the afternoon sun and that seems silly for what it was. A Fast Pass would have been nice - lol! It was good but nothing overly special. Pineapple juice and soft serve.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“I don't know what all the fuss is about?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had a pineapple float each on our trip to MK, based on the really good reviews on Trip Advisor. It was good, but nothing special. The queue was pretty long (about 20m), which I think is quite long for an ice cream. I agree with some other reviewers that the staff all looked pretty fed-up. Maybe I got the combination wrong - I chose pineapple whip with the pineapple float , based on the recommendation of the lady in front of me in the queue. There were two other whip flavours available - maybe they are better???

• Visited May 2013