You added Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista in the Marriott Village to your Saves list
Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista in the Marriott Village
Ranked #148 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Tiruchirappalli, India
“Decent Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed here for six-days. Liked the hotel, room, and the front-desk staff as well.

I liked the overall stay and therefore would suggest others to consider this property as a comfortable option in Orlando. The place can be seen as a preferable option if you are travelling single, as a couple, or with family.

About the room - I had the guest room with one king bed and one sofa-bed. Neat and tidy. No stains or marks anywhere in the room. I asked for an early check-in, which I was given without any issues. I sincerely appreciate this gesture.

You may like to consider the fact that the hotel is somewhat distantly located from the Walt Disney World. I was required to regularly travel to this place, as this was the conference venue for me. All the time I ended up paying around 25 USD. At times I also used the shuttle bus from the hotel premises, though these were complimentary but a pre-booking was required and they had some scheduled timings. I suppose that this hotel should be good choice for people driving in their personal vehicles through which commutation to Disney and Universal parks would be easy and relatively cheaper.

As a suggestion to the hotel management, If possible I would suggest you to add some regularly needed amenities as a shoe-shining machine, newspaper(s), and an in-room microwave. I am suggesting this because comparable hotels usually have these. Please consider this as a friendly suggestion.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
MarriottVillageGM, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista in the Marriott Village, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Greetings Totawarabhishek,

Thank you for your kind remarks about your stay. I was delighted to hear you liked your overall stay and therefore you would suggest others to consider the hotel as a comfortable option in Orlando. I am pleased to inform you that the hotel does provide daily newspapers. They are located in the lobby; but we will gladly have one sent to your room if that's your preference. All of our suites do have a microwave, and we also have a limited number of microwaves for guestroom delivery. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Orlando.

Chris Pilavakis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Arabic first
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I just stayed here for one night but it was great. convenient location for all Orlando has to offer. For the extra few dollars on your nightly rate just go ahead and add the breakfast! It rocks. Andrew was professional and efficient upon check in. Paul was awesome upon check out as well. The pool area is very nice, the rooms were very clean and spacious. I will make this my Orlando Destination for any time I need to stay. Over all I was very impressed and I WORK FOR A HOTEL THAT GETS RATINGS OF 5 ON A REGULAR BASIS.

Room Tip: get a pool side room with balcony
Greetings Mary d,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista. I have passed along your kind words to Paul and Andrew. Both were very excited to be recognized for the service they provided you with. I also appreciate your endorsement of our breakfast. Paul, Andrew, the rest of the staff and I look forward to welcoming you back real soon.

Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Having just stayed at the Courtyard in St. Augustine, the rooms did look dated by comparison and did not have all the amenities of newer Courtyard properties, but it was still a decent place to stay. Room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Pool is pretty nice but is in need of repairs to the tile work. Inside whirlpool was nice, but the outdoor one had stuff floating in it and needed to be cleaned. Front desk staff was very friendly, even by Courtyard standards. Although this hotel is "Disney friendly", it is definitely third-tier in terms of providing complementary transportation to the Disney theme parks (with first-tier being what you get by staying at a Disney property, and second-tier being the service you get at a non-Disney hotel located within the Disney area, such as the hotels around Bonnet Creek). While there is a complementary shuttle service, there are only four times daily that it goes to the Disney Transportation Center, and only four times in the evening that there's a pickup to return you back to the hotel. If you're wanting to see the fireworks, then there's only one bus during the summer that can pick you up afterwards, and it's at 10:45 pm. There are good places to eat nearby, including Bahama Breeze - the easy way to get there is to turn left out of the front doors of the hotel, then turn left again to walk down the path between the Courtyard and the Fairfield - it'll be almost straight ahead as you leave the Marriott Village property. Downtown Disney is very close by, so if you have a car there's plenty of entertainment and dining opportunities there to consider as well.

Stayed August 2013
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Good afternoon Lauren (Front Desk),

I wanted to thank you not only for your flawless check-in, but for the lovely handwritten card under my door! It was a nice personal touch! Everytime we returned back to the hotel, the staff was always there to welcome us back with a smile! We enjoyed such a relaxing weekend at your beautiful property! The pool, the staff, the food court…everything was perfect!

I will most definitely be back again for another visit soon!

Warmest regards,

Greg Pierce

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings Greg P,

Thank you very much for giving us the highest honor anyone could give describing a stay, "everything was perfect." Our goal is to make our home feel like yours, while providing you with excellent service. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Middleburg, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This property is showing some wear but overall I was pleased with the accommodations for the price. My only two complaints are that I could hear everyone coming and going in the hall and light in my entryway did not work. I will be back in October for a week.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
MarriottVillageGM, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista in the Marriott Village, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Greetings Usbrowns,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista. I am glad to hear you were pleased with the accommodations. Please contact me prior to your return visit and I will personally make sure your assigned room is in a quiet area of the hotel. I am also thrilled to inform you that starting September 9, 2013 the hotel will be undergoing a complete renovation of the public spaces. Renovations will be completed by the end of November. Please rest assured that through proper planning we are prepared to ensure the complete comfort of our guests while refreshing our hotel.
I look forward to welcoming you back in October.

Chris.pilavakis@marriott.com
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Me and My Family Booked This Courtyard for A Vacation To Orlando but This I Thought This Courtyard was Nice but Not What I Expected, We I Arrived Don't Let The Lobby Fool You cause That Was Clean,The Outside Door other Than The Lobby Smelled Horrible,When I Walked Up The Stairs That Night I Killed 2 Spiders and There Was Cobwebs In The Stairwell,We Were On The 2nd Floor and The Carpet Was Very Dirty,It Looked Like It Hadn't Been Washed for Who Knows How Long,The Walls Were Shredded and Were Written On Them,Even In The Room,When In The Room I Had To Use The Bathroom and When I Went To Wipe The Whole Toilet Paper Just Fell Off with A Touch of My Pinky Finger !,Also The Beds Were Hard as Rock,I Barely Got Sleep That Night. So I Highly Do Not Recommend This Courtyard

Greetings Ethan L,

We sincerely regret the challenges that were experienced during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us, and we will not rest until all items brought to our attention have been resolved. We appreciate your feedback. Again, we extend our sincerest apologies for these challenges.

Chris
Jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Stayed here for a soccer tournament in August. Lots of kids and families as you would expect for this location. I've stayed at lots of Courtyard hotels and this one is a little dated; it hasn't been refurbished like others that I've stayed in. But it was still a decent hotel and the price was good. The restaurant serves good food, though it is as expensive as you would expect for a hotel restaurant. The pool is a walk-in style indoor/outdoor configuration, which the kids loved. So overall, for the price and the service we received, we enjoyed this hotel and would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
MarriottVillageGM, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista in the Marriott Village, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Greetings FloridaGatorFan,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review in reference to your recent visit. I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay. I am particularly pleased the kids loved the zero entry, indoor-outdoor swimming pool. I am happy to inform you that the Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista will be undergoing renovations of the public spaces starting September 9, 2013. The renovations will be completed by Thanksgiving, just in time for the Holiday Season. We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Orlando.

Warm wishes,

Chris

Been to Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista in the Marriott Village? Share your experiences!