“Great bang for your buck!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #96 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Denver, Colorado
“Great bang for your buck!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

The rooms are clean, large, well maintained and the beds are comfortable. The property is extremely convenient to all the main Orlando attractions (5 minute drive to Sea World and Discovery Cove). The breakfast was good with a variety of hot foods to choose from. The dining area is large enough and you do not feel "smothered" by other guests. The pool is a bit small and gets crowded as the day goes on. Check in was easy, the staff was friendly, and we had no problems at all. We will definitely be staying here again when we come back to Orlando.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bradenton, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is the second time I have had a group stay at this hotel. I booked 5 of the 2 bedroom, 2 bath units. The rooms are spacious, great for families or a youth group event that I had. The students enjoyed the bountiful breakfast choices. The staff was courteous and helpful, and recognized me when I went to check-out.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Eighty Four, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

My family and I stayed at the hotel 8/19-8/23. My children's Nintendo gaming systems, accessories, games, etc. were stolen from our room. The hotel's "investigation" consisted of "asking" housekeeping staff if they "saw anything" or would "admit" to the theft. Inkeeper laws in Florida doesn't provide any restitution unless items were stolen from the hotel's safe. So, the staff who have access to your room and your items & can take whatever they please apparently! I have filed a police report and hope to pursue legally. What a horrible experience and question the morality of a hotel who finds no solution when their staff steal from children.

Greenville, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

My family of four spent 3 nights at the hotel after our Disney cruise. We wanted to be close to Discovery Cove and Aquatica and found that the location of this hotel was perfect. The front desk staff was very welcoming amd the check in process was very quick. Our room had a full kitchen, living room with sleeper sofa, and a separate sleeping area with two queen beds. The room was clean, and it was easy to feel at home for a few days. I must say that they should do something about the beds though. Every time I would roll over, the bed would make a noise like a rainstorm...it was very odd...I think that they must have had a cheap plastic mattress cover or something.

The kids really enjoyed the pool area. Even after being at water parks during the day, they would come back to the hotel and enjoy the pools in the evening.

Another plus is the buffett breakfast. There was a nice variety of food and much of it was better than what we had just had on our Disney cruise.

I will say that I did learn that not all hotels have housekeeping staff that checks the alarm clocks when guests check-out! I learned this on our first night when the alarm went off at midnight. I've stayed in quite a few hotels and never had this problem. I know that I really should have checked it myself but I don't really think about it now that I use my cell phone as an alarm clock.

Although I remembered to turn the alarm clock off on our second night, I still got a "wake-up call" at midnight. This time it was the front desk calling about the "do not disturb" sign on my door. They were letting me know that someone was at the door with the crib I had requested but couldn't knock ont he door due to the "do not disturb" sign. I explained that they must have the wrong room as I do not have a baby and did not request a crib. Not huge deal but it woke up the whole family.

I also had a small issue on day 3 so I decided to walk down to the front desk at 11pm to let them know about my frustrations. I must say that the staff was very nice even though I was probably a little rude (but it was 11pm and I had not had a good night's sleep in a couple of days). One of the ladies was able to provide me with what I needed and another apologized and let me know that she would talk with the manager and to expect an adjustment to the bill. I really didn't expect an adjustment but the $25 credit was appreciated.

Overall, I was pleased with the experience and would consider staying there again....but I would check the alarm clock as soon as I get there!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Abuja, Nigeria.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011 via mobile

I stayed between 17th and 25th August. My room was high up as I always like it and it overlooked the swimming pool, which I liked.

My check in was quick and efficient.

Breakfast was tasty and choices were adequate.

The members of staff were excellent, I give thumb up to the front office staff, particularly Ryan. His guest relations is excellent.

However, the house keeping team are another ball game entirely. My room was dirty when I checked in. The bedside table had drink stain on it, the carpet was dirty and the room was dusty. The room was never really clean throughout my stay. Nobody seem to be paying adequate attention to the rooms. The hallways and the elevators are always dirty too. It's a busy hotel, it is expected that it would be used, so they need to concentrate on cleaning the guest public areas as often as necessary.

The rooms are also tired, they are begging for renovation.

Despite all that I enjoyed my stay in the hotel. It was warm and the staff made up for the lapses.

• Stayed August 2011
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

We went to this hotel in april 2011 and used this as a bace for our holiday,the rooms are spacious and cleaned everyday they are well equiped with dishwasher toaster etc,we had to double beds which were all in the 1 room so open plan kitchen living and bedroom, the staff were helpful aswell would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Stayed two weeks end July - August. for family holiday with our children. Loved the hotel. Staff were great and very helpful. The free breakfeast was fab, saved us time and money. Rooms were lovely, spacious and clean with daily fresh towels and what a treat having your beds made!!. We loved the pool and the hot tub was hot hot hot...Kids enjoyed games room,gym and basket ball court but we never got around to having a BBQ. Hotel is close to all the parks and international drive and overall a great place to stay. We would definately stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld? Share your experiences!