“Worth it for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #214 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Victoria, Canada
“Worth it for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I booked this online after a lot of agonizing (I have a favorite hotel at MCO but it is more expensive). But I'm glad I did. I checked in at 1245 am so it was late. The front desk clerk was a but curt considering I Had been the one traveling all day - not him. But he did remember to ask me if I needed a wake up call which I appreciated. And the wake up call was right on time.

Overall the hotel was very easy to find - I had a rental car - and parking was good., the outdoor pool looked good when I saw it in the morning, and the lobby was updated and nice. The room was huge but a but dated That said, it was super clean (I booked a king) and the bathroom was clean. Shower only no tub.

Overall for the price it is worth it., other reviews are correct, there isn't a lot around for food or shopping. So make sure to have a car or you are only staying a night or two. Overall I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Dundee, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Shuttle was an hour late to pick up at airport, took us to magic kingdom instead of sea world so a 15 min journey became over an hour...then forgot to pick us up after our day there..even though we called twice...however the boss did come in his own car...eventually and was very pleasant and apologetic.

Situation of hotel is not close to eateries other than taco bell and a grubby waffles ( with staff who argue with each other incessantly)....so car / taxi ride of a mileor two is a must.

Pool looked ok but dd not use it

"Business centre "is one aging computer which runs like an old dog ....BUT....bed was clean staff helpful if overworked and complimentary breakfast was excellent.....

Room Tip: Wifi does not work in rooms too far away from reception so best ask about that
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
John C, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us at Sleep Inn & suites –Orlando International Airport (MCO). Sleep Inn and Suites takes great pride in our value and quality of accommodations we provide to all our guests. Your satisfaction and continued trust in Sleep Inn and Suites is our most top priority. We look forward to seeing you during your next stay in Orlando. To show you that we are working hard to make sure that we are meeting our high standards to make sure each visit exceeds our guest expectations.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was the worst hotel I have been in the major problem was the beds actually had ants and insects on them and you could tell from a mile that the hotel never changed the sheets.the appearance Is rubbish it's all cramped however I will say if you want ants in your pants then this is the right hotel for you. The only good thing about the hotel was the workers and it looks like they have about 3 jobs each. So the only good thing about sleep in is that the workers are good and polite and that it it's close to the airport other than that the hotel is rubbish.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Washingtonville, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

sleep inn is usually decent, but not in this case. not very clean,not very safe feeling, some things are broken. the side security door did not lock. breakfast is not very good. the only nice aspect is the people. the tiny amount of workers there are very nice. it looks like each worker has at least three different jobs.

Room Tip: ten minutes from airport, but i would of been better off in a different neighborhood and different h...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Loveland, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I had read a number of the reviews and was nervous about staying here. I was staying one night and getting on a cruise ship the next day. I arrived late at MCO from Denver and called hotel for the shuttle. The shuttle driver arrived with in 10 minutes and carried my bags (which were NOT light!) to the van. We were brought quickly and efficently to the hotel. Check is was performed by a very friendly young man who made sure I had all the information I needed. It was late and he directed me to a waffle house (24hrs) across parking lot for a meal. (If you havent experienced Waffle House you havent Experienced the South...) I checked out my room and discovered it was far superior to what I expected. It was very clean, large and roomy with a large flat screen HD TV, Couch, and sitting area. The bed was very comfortable and the hotel was quiet and felt safe. I had some laundry to do before my cruise and was pleasantly directed to the single washer and dryer on the second floor. I used the laundry and fired up my laptop and used the free wireless that was suprisingly fast to get a few things done.
I did not use the pool or Hot tub so I cant comment on them but they looked like any other outdoor pool and hot tub. (Besides, it was 85 degrees and 80percent humiditiy...who wants to sit in a hot tub?...I want airconditioning!)
The hotel staff called me and let me know when my shuttle to the cruise terminal would arrive and I had breakfast. It was a pretty simple breakfast with fresh fruit, cereal and mufffins rolls, toast and such. It was adequate. If I wanted more than that there was the waffle house.
I was very pleased by what I found and I will be staying here again when I have to visit the orlando area. I can see if I was staying here for a longer period how it may not be close to alot of "things" in orlando but this is an airport hotel. I expect airport hotels to be noisy, rude and not kind of chaotic and found this to be exactly the opposite.
There is only one negative. The airconditioner to my room had not been turned on prior to my arrival so it was a little warm and stuffy in the room but within an hour was comfortable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
rural NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Picked this hotel as we were arriving very late into MCO.. previously 4 days before I gave permission (which I was told that it was inserted into reservation) so my Florida friend who was meeting me would be able to pick up key and be in room earlier and not have to sit in the lobby for 3 hours waiting..I called from Newark airport 4 hours before my Florida arrival just to check up on this and this information was NOT on the reservation...had to go over it again and the evening desk clerk was noticeably irritated with me to the point of being rude and yelling at me because of the background noise, etc. (which I had no control over) I rechecked the procedure for the hotel shuttle and was informed that I had to call after getting baggage..No Problem with this as it is the procedure everywhere.

Upon calling from Orlando and giving my name, this same desk clerk is now more annoyed and tells me that I have no reservation and that I should come over to the hotel and straighten this out..NO RESERVATION ?? WHAT? How am I going to get to the hotel?? Now we are both irritated, he is being rude again and now I am yelling back at him.. finally after a few tense minutes he makes the connection about our previous conversation and dispatches the shuttle.. Upon arrival at the hotel I was going to speak to him and tell him that I didn't appreciate his attitude nor being yelled at..thank goodness he had gone off duty and a very pleasant desk clerk gave me my key .

I am a Choice Hotel Reward person, will always pick a Choice Hotel if possible but this hotel is one that I won't return to.. I travel a lot and this was the first time that I ever encountered such an unprofessional desk clerk.

the breakfast left much to be desired..no yourgurt, no waffle maker which is usually on most Choice hotels breakfast..tables needed to be cleaned and never saw the attendant.
In all fairness to the hotel, the room was very clean and quiet..the desk clerk in the morning was very pleasant.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Stayed here 1 night on the way further south because it was all we could find. It's old and not that great. Not terrible either though. Location is not terrible but not good.
If you can't find anything else (like us) then it's acceptable. Otherwise, keep looking.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Airport? Share your experiences!