“Not what was advertised!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #238 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Barrie
“Not what was advertised!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2008

The hotel advertised coffee maker in the room. This was not so and they were not willing to supply one. We had to check out at 4:30am to catch our flight so this was important. Continental breakfast did not start till 6:30am. All we requested was coffee in the room. When we arrived in the lobby at 4:30 to check out there was no one in site. When the night man showed up, he ignored us to go to the breakfast area. I felt we were rudely ignored. He then asked if he could help us from across the room. We stayed at the Best Western across the road the night we flew into Orlando and should have stayed there again. I would not recomend this location.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Edmonton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2007

We had an early flight the next morning so we chose this hotel because it has free airport shuttle. The check-in staff was pleasant. They brought out a microwave to the kitchen area so that we could warm up some food we had brought with us as there is only a Waffle House nearby and we had no car. Our room was on the main floor and the ceiling was 14 feet hight. The shower (no bath tub) was huge and looked recently redone. Everything seemed clean. We used the treadmills in the exercise room and they worked fine. Only two treadmills, an eliptical and a bike but that was plenty for us. Our shuttle was on time the next morning and the driver was nice. Using the hotel's website we paid $63 (incl. tax) for a huge room with two queen size beds. Can't beat it for the price if you just need a place to stay near the airport.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Only one restaurant within walking distance.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2007

When I first walked into the room I was surprised at how big it was, the ceilings are very high. Everything in the room worked, but the TV needed repair (top half of screen blurry), and it had no coffee maker. The room was clean. They could use some more parking spaces, as the lot was overflowing in the late evening. I would stay here again

Stayed April 2007
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2007

Stayed here for one night on Feb. 11, 2007. Hotel is average, but since rate was only $80.99, I cant com
Check-in was quick although the check-in person was on the phone with a friend and hung up after a few minutes. Reserved room was there and no problems on the rates.
Room was very clean and a decent size. Only a shower and sink is in the room.
Main problem was with the airport shuttle. It runs every hour on the :45 minute mark. I was supposed to take the 9:45 shuttle. I was waiting in the lobby and at 9:48 the front desk advised me and a different couple waiting that the shuttle will be late because of traffic.
That was ok for me, but the other couple was about to miss their plane. Finally it showed up at 9:59, and there was no traffic on the roads.
Also, it is a very, very old van and not in the best condition, though I never felt unsafe in it any time.
I would stay again but only if rate is below $90.plain.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — airport shuttle
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
State College, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2006

We stayed at the Sleep Inn the night before a very early flight. Overall it was fine. The hotel is pretty new and even though the room was in good condition, I got the impression that it was heavily used - carpet was faded, tile in bathroom cracked etc. The room was pretty clean -- the only off putting thing was that the sheets on one of the queen beds were covered in hair. At first I thought maybe it was just one hair from the maid who changed the beds, but as I peeled off the covers more and more became apparent (more than one type of hair was present too). When we reported this, the bed was changed immediately. The pool was not heated which I find pretty unusual for March (obviously not a problem for travel in warmer months) and I found internet access to be extremely expensive at $1.99 per minute!! We left before breakfast so I've no comment on that.
Overall, if I had an early flight, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here but I wouldn't stay here otherwise.

• Stayed March 2006
Eureka Springs, AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2005

We got stuck at the airport both on arriving and departing Orlanda and we stayed at the hotel on our arrival day. We stayed at another hotel the departure night because this one was full.

We found the rooms to be very large and very clean. They had both high speed internet access and dialup access in the room (with no access charge) which helped us catch up on business.

The breakfast room was crowded, but they kept the continental breakfast food well stocked.

The staff was very helpful.

• Stayed August 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2005

Hotel has a roll in shower, Big spacious rooms and is very clean. Handicap accessible, and friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Airport? Share your experiences!