We just returned from our April vacation in Orlando at the Horizons. I have to say that initially I was disappointed because the resort is so small and very close to the road. Our last vacation was at the Marriott Grande Vista and it was so secluded and difinitely more of an upscale property. Horizons lacks the "awe factor" that the Grande Vista emulates. I have to say that I quickly changed my mind though.
My husband describes the resort as having more of a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. After giving the resort a chance I knew he was right. The rooms are very nice and the two queen beds were difinitely a hit for the children. The Staff is very young but competent and friendly. I have two boys who are 10 and 6 and they just loved both the Pirate ship pool and the slide pool. Our room overlooked the pirate ship pool and it gave a tropical setting as well as one of excitement. We set aside days to just stay at the resort and let our boys participate in the activities. They loved the hoola hoop contests, the limbo, the dancing, the kareokee, the scooter races, the music and especially the miniature golf. The bar has great drinks and good food, some very special frozen drinks for the kids. The resort is so entertaining for the children that the adults can relax and enjoy.
As for the interstate 4 noise ,which was mentioned as a problem in other reviews, we never heard it even when we tried to listen. The resort has the ability to still be an oasis and the music, the activities and the splashing water sounds all cover any outside noise. And the hot tubs are the best design I've ever seen, even if they are busy you can still get a quiet corner to relax and enjoy.
My only request would be to add a market place convenient store, I did miss that.
Needless to say this resort is definitely worth a visit, we were all sad to leave it. As I learned first impressions aren't always right, give the resort a try. It just doesn't get any better than this for families. We will definitely be back.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com and Odigeo so you can book your Marriott's Harbour Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Harbour Lake Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Vacation Club Orlando
- Marriotts Hotel Harbour Lake
- Marriott Orlando
- Orlando Marriott
- Horizons Marriott Vacation Club Orlando
- Horizons Marriott Orlando