“Lovely property, perfect for young children” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rewards Members Save 25%
Ranked #14 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Kent, England
“Lovely property, perfect for young children”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed here for 8 days at the end of August and had a lovely stay.
There were 4 of us, three adults and 1 teenager and we had a 2 bed apartment in block 12. I had requested a recently renovated room overlooking the lake and got exactly that.
The staff at reception were really helpful and friendly from the moment of check in, throughout our stay until the moment we checked out.
The apartment was lovely, so spacious, clean and well equipped. We are Marriott Vacation club owners and this was the same usual high standard that we have come to expect from all of the Marriott properties.
We had a problem one morning with a overflowing toilet that flooded the bathroom but staff were quick to turn up with towels, cleaning equipment and a fan to dry out the carpet.
The property is in a nice location, very close to Seaworld and Aquatica, about a ten minute drive to Universal and about a fifteen minute drive to the Disney parks. There are plenty of shops and restaurants nearby.
There is a large pool complex which looked great fun for younger children but unfortunately there was no adult only area or decent depth proper swimming pool. We would have liked to spend some time in the afternoon relaxing by the pools but they were always very busy with children running round so we stayed in our apartment.
This was a great base to visit all of the Orlando theme parks and was the usual high Marriott standard.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Pace, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This resort was so perfect for our vacation! We have kids ages 1, 9, and 12, and the pools were awesome! Like having a waterpark just steps away from your room! Plenty of large hot tubs. Not crowded, but we were there during a low season. (week of labour day) The rooms had everything I needed to cook with. Everything was perfectly clean. The staff were wonderful. If I needed something, they brought it the next moment. No timeshare selling at all. One thing I would say, if you don't have kids, you may want a quieter, adult like resort. All families, tons of kids! Also, activities were great! My kids got to catch catfish one time off of the dock! We didn't even have time to do all the activities or things like basketball, soccer, mini golf, cookouts... You could definitely spend all your time at the resort and be happy!

Room Tip: If you have kids who want to be at the pool alot, request a room near so the walk is short!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bedford, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed here at the end of August, 2013 on a great promotional rate we received for attending the MVCI timeshare spiel. This was fine for us because we have been looking into timeshares for awhile and actually decided to buy. This property is ideal for small kids, up to I'd say age 10 or so. My 11 and 13 year olds still had a goof time, but I think would have enjoyed one of the other Marriotts more as the pools here a bit 'babyish'. There are only two small pool areas and both are shallow and small. At the deepest points they were only about 5.5' deep. The pools get very crowded and you just can't get away, and this was not the most crowded time of year to visit and swim. I would think Spring Break here would be a nightmare. This resort is still being constructed as they have plans to add many more buildings. I hope they will add pools... The pirate ship is definitely cool, but again, it's better suited to younger kids. The pool with the slide and water park is fun, but the pool there is just way too small and all of the activities take place by the pirate ship. We ended up only going to the slide pool once, and spent most of our time in the main area by the pirate ship.

The restaurant was decent, perfect for a lazy day at the pool. I wouldn't stay here and eat dinner, however.

The rooms were very nice. We requested a refurbed room and were pleased to see that we got one. The style is pleasant and relaxing, the kitchen and bathrooms have granite. Overall very nice, but noticeably smaller than Grande Vista. This is the trend everywhere as they seek to increase profits - the new hotel rooms are smaller. That being said, our family of 6 fit just fine in the 2 BR. Our twin girls shared a queen bed, my 11 y.o. son had the other queen, and my 13 y.o. daughter took the queen pull-out in the LR. The master BR was where we really felt how much smaller the room was. There was just enough space to open the drawers in the dresser and stand in front of the bed to access them. The bathroom was also smaller than older resorts, but very nice to look at. The only real complaint here was the water saver shower. But this is also fairly normal for FL, so I don't hold it against Marriott.

We made sure to request a room away from the pool as we like to come back mid-day from the parks and nap/relax, and we also go to bed early to hit the parks before they open. We weren't disappointed and were able to relax in peace during the day when we wanted to.

Staff were all great, we didn't have any negative experiences. My daughter left her iphone in the pool bathroom and the front desk had it for us. Phew!

The location was very convenient for WDW being very close to the i-4 entrance ramp. It's easy to remember which exit to go home because of the Seaworld sign. There are restaurants nearby, or you can easily hop on i-4 as we usually did and eat over by Vineland near the entrance to DTD.

For our age ranges I think we will try Cypress Harbour next, or stay at Grande Vista since that has always worked so well for us.

Room Tip: Request building 12 for a quieter stay away from the pool. We overlooked the lake.
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My family and I stayed here the week of 9/6/13 in a two bedroom unit. First impressions of the resort was that it is very intimate and family oriented compared to the other Marriott's within vicinity. Our room location was nice as we were on the 6th floor over looking the lake near I-4. We could slightly hear the highway but it wasn't bad. The room itself was dated and appeared to be partially renovated (newer appliances and TV's). The beds were lumpy and the master bath lost hot water two days though maintenance was able to resolve the issue. Units had in room laundry which was a benefit.

The pools and splash pad were AWESOME. My 17 month old son had a blast with the splash pad and even mom and dad got into the action. This alone makes my family want to go back... We did eat at the pool bad twice. The service was hit or miss (once bringing out the completely wrong meal for my wife) and the menu was very limited and should be expanded (or permit the ability of guests to dine at the other nearby Marriott's).

Other items.... there was no concierge book in the room. I'm not sure if it was just our unit or the resort just being cheap but it would of been helpful to have it for facility listings, check out directions and list of local restaurants, things to do, etc. We found ourselves struggling to find nearby places to eat and ended up using Yelp. Also the resort does not have cribs but they do supply pack 'n plays and high chairs.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Apopka, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We did a Staycation this year at the Harbour Lake here in Orlando. We had a teenager and a pre-K child. We could not have had a better time. Aside from the awesome pools including a water type park and one with a large Pirate's ship in it, the hotel has activities every day that kids you and the children occupied. here is also a game room for the kids and fitness center for everyone. There are Ice cream socials, poker games, ping pong contests,etc. None of us could stay out of the pools long enough to enjoy all the fun activities. You will not regret staying here.

We had a small suite that was absolutely spotless and had all the amenities that you needed if you wanted to make your own meals. We had stayed at places that had kitchens before, but none of them offered all the cleaning supplies needed or all the dishes and utensils that were intact. It was like moving into a brand new home that was all very well-decorated. It made us feel very comfortable and at home.

The rates were also very good considerable all that was offered. And, all the staff could not have been plesanter or more accomodating. We plan to come back very often.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

In the process of remodeling but it is very nice with two kid friendly pools and a miniature golf course on site. Beds where good but rooms are a little load with thin walls. I did like the security gate. If you are looking for a kid friendly place it is a great choice

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Franklin, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We had an issue at the pool with specific staff members that were completely unprofessional and rude. The staff is not trained properly with no consistency of enforcing pool rules. We went to the pool 4 out of our 7 day stay. On our 6th day at the pool Gary decides he gonna throw my son off the slide because he was showing 1/2 inch short. I challenged this becauae my son is exactly 42 inches which is the requirement. My son was crying and confused because he disnt understand why he had so much fun for 4 days and now he wasnt allowed. I requested a tape measure to prove the height sign was wrong. No one would get me one. Austin Basel (Mr.Lost prevention) shows up and insisted on taking a picture of my son. For the insurance company. He didn't get very far regardless of the many threats to take the picture. I asked several times for a tape measure. He has no idea how to handle a tough situation. My 5yr old tried to approach him to ask why he was thrown off because he was playing good and Mr. Loss prevention litterly walked right by him and pretended that he didn't even see him. ( nice guy right..?) Joshua shows up and could careless what I had to say, very rude. So we left and that ended our stay. It's unfortunate, that our vacation ended like this due to Gary, Austin and Joshua. The worst part is, the last memory is what sticks with the kids...not a good one. Thank you Gary, Austin Basel and Joshua. I guess I won't be using my vacation club here anymore and will spread the word.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Marriott's Harbour Lake? Share your experiences!