Our family just returned from our 7th annual April visit to Orlando. Having stayed at several other resorts (Marriott Cypress Harbour & Sheraton Vistana Villages), we had a great opportunity to see how this resort stacks up against our previous choices. On balance, I would have to say that this is a terrific choice for families, particularly those with younger children (12 and under). Among the pluses are location, cleanliness and a very personable and helpful staff. First, the resort is ideally located for pretty much anything you would like to see or do in Orlando. It is within a mile or so of the Orlando Premium Outlet Mall, several Publix supermarkets and many other stores and facilities that most would want or need on a family vacation. For those planning trips to any Disney or other theme parks, the resort is a stone's throw to I-Drive or the junction to the I4, with most Disney parks within 3-5 miles. In addition to the great location, this resort stands out for it's overall cleanliness and it's staff. Our room and the resort grounds were absolutely spotless, while the staff throughout the resort were friendly and helpful. Overall, there is really no downside to staying here. For most families with younger children, an excellent choice.
If it's helpful, here are a few points of comparison against the Marriott Cypress & Sheraton Vistana Villages:
Resort size - much smaller/more compact than either of the above. This can be good or bad, depending on what you want.
Restaurant/On site food choices - while on par for choices, the food at Harbour Lake is much better. The main restaurant (The Patio) is very good, with really good food and service.
Pool(s) - quite good, slightly better than Cypress Harbour. However, it's hard to compete with the spectacular main pool at the Sheraton. Those with smaller children will be sure to appreciate the Pirate Ship and mini water play area onsite.
Amenities - on par with the others, with a mini soccer field, basketball court, mini-putt golf & an arcade for kids. Also, pretty good entertainment certain nights (Polynesian night at The Patio stands out). Golfers however, will likely appreciate the golf course at Cypress Harbour across the street.
All in all, a great resort.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Harbour Lake Hotel
- Marriott`s Harbour Lake Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Vacation Club Orlando
- Marriotts Hotel Harbour Lake
- Marriott Orlando
- Horizons Marriott
- Orlando Marriott
- Horizons Marriott Vacation Club Orlando
- Horizons Marriott Orlando
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Marriott's Harbour Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.