“Great location with a fab pool!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rewards Members Save 25%
Ranked #10 of 328 hotels in Orlando
“Great location with a fab pool!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a week at Harbour Lake with our grandson aged 8. We couldn't have stayed at a better place for him. The pool was fabulous for the days when we wanted to stay at the resort or came back early from days out. The front desk staff were very efficient, helpful and friendly. Check-in was quick and they printed a voucher off for me from an email! Will definitely recommend this resort and would go back tomorrow!! Added bonus wi-Fi (free) in rooms and round pools.

• Stayed February 2013

1,070 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is a fantastic family destination resort: the grounds and rooms are very clean and well-maintained, and the staff very friendly and professional.

We stayed in a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom suite: the location wasn't ideal (overlooking the lake and the freeway), but we barely noticed the sound and didn't spend any time on the screened-in porch.

The unit is well-stocked with glassware and cookware, and the rooms were very roomy. Some very minor upgrading could go a long way, but overall well done and well maintained. Free wireless, free on-site parking.

A highlight for the kids was the waterworks: a heated pool with a large pirate ship and some small slides, good for kids up to age 10 or so. There is a separate water park area too (which would probably be a lot busier in hotter seasons), a mini-golf area (for a fee), an arcade (pay-as-you-go) and a few restaurants with average food.

Located a couple of minutes drive to SeaWorld and close to many attractions, this is a great choice: it's also only a few minutes from a number of grocery stores and big-box stores (Walmart, etc) for groceries, and about 10 minutes from Whole Foods (for a healthier option). I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The premises are immaculate and the security is great. You need a key card to get into the area. When we first arrived check in was easy and we were given some intro things and some little gift pack ..nothing big but it was nice to get a welcome pack. We went into the 2 bedroom condo and it was very clean and nicely set up. They had provided towels, dishe soap and some detergent to start you off. We didn't do a lot of laundry so what they provided was sufficient. We did our shopping for the week and cooked our own food in what felt like home.

The best part of the stay here was the pool area. The children absolutely loved it there..They could have spent 24 hours in that captain ship, sliding down the slides and running through the sprinklers...For the adults the two hot tubs were amazing..and the food was decent enough to enjoy. Nothing fancy. I'd have to say the cocktails were a little watered down, so you might need to ask for an extra shot. I wasn't looking to get drunk but when you spend about $10 on a drink you expect to atlest taste the alcohol. That was the least of my worries though. I really have nothing bad to say about our stay here and I definately would come back. The children absolutely had a ball here. We never did the mini golfing because our kids are too small. We headed over to the bucket once but it was just to powerful for the little ones..the big slide was fun for supervised slides.

Great plus Sea World is literally around the corner from this place. Some great outlets not too far either..and some good restaurants in the area including Benihana's.

Thank you for such a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: There is no room service..you have to throw away your own garbage..and reuse towels if needed. There...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Montreal, Quebec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Our group of 4 (DH, DS 5 y.o., MIL and me) just returned from one of the best vacations. We booked a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite for a one week stay. Our stay got off to a great start with a warm welcome from very friendly and knowledgeable reception staff. I requested that we are booked to a renovated room on a higher floor; although we could not get a room on a higher floor they gladly accommodated my request for a renovated room. We stayed in building 10 on the first floor. There was a family with young children in the room above ours but we never heard any noise and only realized there were young children staying in the room when we saw them leaving their room one morning. The room was gorgeous, clean and very spacious. The two bedrooms were located at the opposite ends of the suite and each was appointed with a separate bathroom which allowed for privacy for my DH and I, my MIL and our son. The kitchen was fully stocked with everything we needed for our stay even items we did not expect to find (such as a juice maker, a blender, laundry detergent, Tupperware containers). All the hotel facilities are very well maintained, clean and child friendly. Here is the list of facilities we used: Pool with the pirate ship, pool with the water slide, water park, outdoor play area, mini golf course, arts and crafts room, outdoor table games area, arcade, gym, outdoor picnic area with BBQs, the terrace by the lake, fire pit and basketball courts. The equipment in all the areas was modern and in perfect working condition. Best of all though were the staff!! There are planned activities at the resort from 9 AM till 7 PM with a different activity planned for every hour. The staff running the activities seemed to love what they were doing and went all out to make each activity enjoyable and entertaining with great success. Most nights our son was sleeping by 7 p.m. which left my DH and I time to enjoy the adult side on the resort during the evening hours. Our absolute favorite was spending a few hours at the Outpost bar with Christine, the ultimate mojito maker and a wonderful person. We met Christine on the first evening of our stay and enjoyed returning to the Outpost almost every evening for a few mojitos and a great conversation. Our son also loved Christine`s amazing smoothie creations and pizza. Our other favorite was shopping at the two outlet malls located very close to the resort. Overall, this resort gets 5+ stars from us, we can`t wait to return!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

While this timeshare is geared for Family and Children, we enjoyed a Splendid Anniversary
week's stay. We enjoyed an beautiful 2-bedroom Lake view Villa, which was appointed nicely
and very well stocked with appliances, china, glassware, silverware and all the the cookware
that one could possibly imagine using. We did not have our young Grandchildren with us, but
enjoyed watching the well-behaved youngsters around the festive Pirate-themed pool decks and and on the playfields with the resort youth counselors. The atmosphere was HAPPY and from
our observation, all members of families were having a GOOD time. We certainly DID and as
Seniors...can reccomend Harbour Lakes for All ages!

Our week was leisure BLESSED,...enjoying the large screen TV's and Free Wi-Fi. We did "tour" the other Marriott timeshares nearbye and found them too to be "Welcoming". We had lunch at the clubhouse of the Marriott Faldo Golf timeshare resort and spent a fun-filled afternoon playing golf. The Exercise Room certainly met our weekly excercising needs. Shopping is an easy short drive...whether groceries or Mall/Outlets. And of course, the many Theme Parks that Orlando is known for are "right" there for one's enjoyment! GO...you'll be pleased you did! :)

We certainly DID and as Seniors,....can highly recommend Marriott Harbour Lakes for ALL ages!

Room Tip: If a SPECIAL occasion, let the Reservation desk know....they don't disappoint! :) Our 6th floo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Waltham, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I met my college room-mate at this resort when her mom had a free timeshare week. We enjoyed our stay. The two-bedroom condo was spacious and clean, and we had a screened-in deck overlooking the lake in the back. Although we didn't have families with us, we noticed that the resort had large pools, plenty of activities for kids, and a miniature golf course. The fitness room was spotless and had plenty of nice, new equipment. We didn't eat at the restaurant by the pool because the menu and drinks were pricey, as per resorts, but it looked like it would be a nice place to hang out. The resort is very close to SeaWorld and only a short drive from the other theme parks. It's located on a tree-lined lane with a number of other similar condo-style resorts. I wouldn't all it super special in any way, but it was very nice and we enjoyed it.

A couple of setbacks: I asked for a top-level room and they did their best, which was very nice, but we ended up on the 5th floor instead of the 6th, and for the first night I did hear people walking around above us. Thankfully it was just the first night. Also, in building 15 it was nice being away from the center of the resort and looking back onto the lake, but I could hear the traffic from the highway pretty much 24 hours a day. It basically got to be like white noise at night, though, and after I got used to it the first day it didn't bother me. Other buildings are further from the highway, but closer in to each other. Also, the Internet access in our condo often didn't work, even after they tried to re-connect our modem. The signal was weak. My guess is that this isn't the case in most of the condos, though, or else they'd have more complaints about it. For us, it just kept us off the Internet, which was a good thing :-)

A very nice resort if you are looking for something near the theme park that has all of the basics you need, is on a lake, and is a nice place for families and kids. There is a convenient CVS and also a supermarket nearby if you have a car, and the kitchens in the condo offer plenty of space for preparing meals.

Room Tip: Choose the highest floor if you can, if Internet access is important to you ask about the Internet a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

I'd like to begin by saying I am an experienced traveler and have stayed multiple resorts, most of which have been Marriott. My fiancé and I stayed at this resort for a week in January and I have to say we weren't impressed.

Pros:
Good family vacation spot. Both pools have a a lot of great stuff for kids to do. Multiple play places in the pools and toys with a pirate theme. It all looks very entertaining...for kids.
The bar/restaurant looks nice. Staff seemed friendly. Be prepared to pay resort prices. Drinks from $6-9 which isn't bad. But burgers are $13 and food goes up from there. Didn't eat there but it looked nice.
The putt putt course on grounds looked very nice. Simple but nice. Actually fairly inexpensive. $6 per person for 18 holes or $30 for unlimited golf for the duration of your stay (not sure if that was per villa or per person).
The front desk was nice, informative, and helpful...for the most part. Emma was exceptional and my fiancé called the front desk at another point and said another woman answered and was very pleasant. The security guards in the main gate are also very nice and willing to help with anything.
The location is GREAT! Sea World/Aquatica/Discovery Cove are all 2 minutes away. Disney and Universal are 15 minutes or so. There are multiple grocery stores and convenience stores within 10 minutes.

Cons:
The concierge doesn't care unless you are there to buy. I was sent over by the front desk to receive a free gift (which was simply a reusable grocery bag that said Marriott) and he just talked on the phone and handed me the bag while another one just sat there. Neither asked if I needed help with anything, if I was interested in doing anything, or anything at all. Not impressed at all.
We were also advised to check our bathrooms for towels. We had a 2 bed/2 bath villa and should have had 8 towels. We had 4. We were told at check in to call the front desk in case we didn't have all 8 towels. I did and a man answered. He treated me like I was an idiot and was not happy that I asked for more towels. They did oblige my request and the towels came in about 10 minutes.
The resort goes for a Caribbean theme so there is no color coordination at all. Bright colors all over. The buildings look worn but not bad.
The resort states it offers DVD rentals, as each room comes with a DVD player. The DVD rentals are out of a machine and we were informed by staff that it was $7 a rental. Luckily Redbox has multiple locations within a couple miles.
The arcade is very small. 10 games roughly...and expensive!
Billiard a equipment is available during business hours. Ping pong balls cost money and come from a gum ball machine.
There is no on site store. They advertise a souvenir style store and basic grocery needs across the street at Marriott cypress harbor. At that rate, save your money. Publix, 7-Eleven, and CVS are a mile away.
Our room was decent. The bedrooms were next to each other, each with a bathroom (at least in the villa). The master bedroom has no privacy in the shower and glass shower doors. Very nice and roomy showers however.
The cable t.v. Was rather poor. FX did not come in, which is one of our favorite channels. Some channels were only coming in analog format. So the screen was fuzzy. It was big name channels like HBO and Starz. Not sure what this was all about but a bummer.

In general:
The kitchen was decent. White counters and appliances. Good cookware and dish ware to use. No complaints there.
Air worked amazingly.
Balcony was pleasant. Fully screened in with a full table setup.
Living area and dining room table was rather small. I don't see it being to comfortable for more then 4 or 5.
Bed was very comfortable. Plenty of pillows and nice comforter.

All in all, it's not a bad resort but definitely for families. If you are traveling with just adults or as a couple, I would recommend Marriott's Grande Vista. It's on the other side of the Faldo Golf Institute and the same distance from all the locations listed but the rooms are spacious and more modern and the resort offers more free things with a bigger and nicer layout. There are also a couple more pools with bars at them as well as a nice bar and restaurant by the main pool with great service. Definitely more of what you expect from a Marriott brand. Also includes a Pizza Hut express and store on site.

Like I said, good resort for families and kids but other then the pool everything seemed to be extra and just not what I come to expect from the Marriott name. Expect average and you will be fine.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott's Harbour Lake? Share your experiences!