“Great location, clean rooms, family fun.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #23 of 329 Hotels in Orlando
New Haven, Connecticut
“Great location, clean rooms, family fun.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We stayed here for a week in December 2012. We had a two bedroom suite, and the place was very clean and very well maintained. My only problem, actually, was that when I received my daily activities update the phones had a lot of static! The pools were fun, my kids loved the water slide. Unfortunately the water 'park' was closed for maintenance while we were there, but it did look like a lot of fun.

There are a lot of activities for the family, for a range of ages; although we didn't partake in many. We spent a few hours on a couple of days lounging around the pool and I quite impressed my 7 year old when I won one of the mommy hula-hoop contests. Who knew I still had it in me?! But because of it's central location to many popular Orlando attraction we were out and about most of the days. Universal and Walt Disney World were both approximately 15 minutes away but in opposite directions, and Sea World/ Discovery Cove were right around the block. I recommend Discovery Cove: that was one of the best days we had. Universal Studios Islands of Adventure had the best rides in all of Orlando (including Disney): the Harry Potter ride and the Spiderman ride. So although there are lots of things to do at the resort itself, definitely take advantage of its prime location!

One note: if you are planning to spend most of your days in Disney then I would stay on Disney property; navigating around Walt Disney World is easier inside the park. However, we have done a week at Disney in the past, and this time wanted to explore other attractions- in which case this location was perfect.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the main gate/ entrway, but even so it was not noisy and crowded. The road itsn...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Slovak first
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

The property is good compared to hotel standards. If you have stayed at a new Marriott Vacation property such as Oceana Palms on Singer island you will probably be disapointed. The grounds here could use some cleaning up but the room was nice and clean.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We went this property because my timeshare was having a good deal and my sister was there in August with her children and raved about it. I rented a 2 bedroom unit because my sister was going to come also but cancelled last minute. We had the entire unit to ourselves. First, location, location, location, it is only a 15 minute drive from the airport. It's walking distance from Sea World. Looking at other reviews, yes, the furniture is a little dated but it's suitable. The unit was spacious. There were daily activities but we didn't participate because we had other things on our agenda. It seems to be a safe environment. There is a security booth you have to report to prior to entering the property. I was a little disappointed that I had to pay to use the internet at the business center. I had to print something. I am well aware you pay for printing, that's not the issue but the fee was .20 cents a minute and I wasn't online no more than 6 minutes, but, the minimum charge is $3.00. What a rip off? There was courtesy internet in the units.

The only other complaint I had which does not reflect on the property is, a family checked in above me several days later. Well, their kid (under 2) had to be running a marathon up there. I had to call the front desk and they sent someone up there and eventually the kid went to sleep. The next morning it was the same thing. We checked out early because we really didn't want to be bothered. We will return but will probably request an upper floor.

Room Tip: Upper floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at Marriott Timeshare (Vacation Club) locations (Newport Coast, Grande Vista) in the past and seeing how this property was several years older than the ones in which I have stayed, I assumed it would be a bit outdated. Quite simply, I was wrong.

About two weeks prior to arrival I called to confirm my reservation for a 2BR unit and I asked to be placed in a renovated unit. The reservation receptionist told me they would make a note of my request but could not make any guarantees. As a renter (as opposed to a Marriott Timeshare owner), I didn't expect my request to be honored but at check-in, the bubbly front desk man Bonnie told me that yes, we were booked in a renovated room.

The 2BR suite is about 1100 SF and it was extremely well appointed -- washer and dryer, all dishes and silverware, toaster, microwave, oven range, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, a large dining table with booth seating, 3 flat screen TVs and a DVD player. The only thing that seemed to be missing was a Playstation 3!

I expected to be pressured into attending a timeshare presentation but each time I received a message (once each evening), it was the recreation office inviting us to participate in one of several activities that they had going on throughout the day. Despite spending 4 days at Universal Studios, my son and I still had time to go fishing off the lake dock, swim, play dodgeball, kickball, basketball, soccer, waterside races, scavenger hunt and play ping pong and billiards. The recreation staff was super friendly and welcoming to all families and children of all ages. And did I mention that all of these activities are FREE?

Compared to paying $100+/night for a 4* hotel room, we had three times the space, kitchen and laundry amenities in our unit, free recreational activities, free parking, a location less than a mile from Sea World, a gated and secure environment and a fantastic staff that was unfailingly polite and attentive.

If you are planning a family trip to Orlando with young kids (under 10), you would be hard-pressed to find a better place to stay than Marriott Harbour Lake.

• Stayed December 2012
Beijing
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I had to agree with one of the reviewers that this might be the worse Marriott resort I have ever stayed.

1. facility: it is an outdated resort and many things don't work or go cheap: two hair dryers are both out of order, the sleeper in the living room is broken, the mattress is too soft, the room is at least 200 sqf smaller than other resorts I stayed, the waterpark is not open, and you have to buy pingpong balls if you want to play. The elevator is noisy and slow.

2. We got wakeup calls 3 mornings in a row to ask us to join the timeshare marketing seminar.

3. Check out at 10am: This is the earliest check-out time I have ever heard at Marriott. If you want to be kicked out from your room at 10am, please feel free to stay at this place.

4. Management: the manager at front desk is terrible. He (Tom?) will make you feel that you are not his customer but his employee or enemy and totally ignored the fact that you have been a loyal Marriott elite member for more than 10 years. He will ask you to pay for something that is not an issue at any other Marriott resort or hotel I ever stayed. Unfortunately all his staff have been trained with the same tone. Before they talk about what service and accommodation they can provide for a loyal customer, they will talk to you about how much you need to pay.

The bottom-line is Harbour Lake resort, bye for good. I don't see the Marriott spirit here at all.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MVCI_Executive, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott's Harbour Lake, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience at Marriott's Harbour Lake. This is not typical of the guest experience at our resort and we would appreciate an opportunity to personally address your concerns. Please contact us at customer.care@vacationclub.com or at 800 860 9384. We look forward to hearing from you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Harbour Lake is has it all. The location is very convenient to all the Orlando attractions. Our room in building 12 was spotless and very spacious. The staff was always very friendly. There is plenty to do for everyone. We will be back.

• Stayed December 2012
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

My wife, daughter and I stayed here for our week of Walt Disney World and Universal Studios. We soon realised that the reasort itself would've been a more relaxing vacation without the them parks. The pool area is perfect for lounging, snacking, hot-tubbing, drinking, and tanning while watching our daughter play endlessly in the fun pirate ship pool area. The room was everything we needed and more (2 bedroom: 1 king in master and 2 queens in spare; each with a 3 piece bathroom). Dishwasher, fridge with ice maker, washer/dryer, 3 televisions, free WiFi, and all the other stuff that a fully furnished condo should have (pots, pans, Tupperware, plates, glasses, utensils, etc.) It had a dining area between the kitchen and living room that sits at least seven in addition to the tall stools on the back side of the island for eating breakfast. No problems finding parking any time of day. Very friendly, helpful staff. Great location right between Universal Studios and Walt Disney World (very close to Sea World). And of course, they had a computer center with free internet access for doing airline check-in and printing boarding passes.

They have many services that we never even tried (mini golf course, activity coordinator with full schedule each day, additional water park, spa).

Room Tip: We were on the top floor of our building (3rd floor of building 10) and I assume that helped to keep...