“Another great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Barrie, Canada
“Another great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was our second trip this year to this resort. This time we standing in building 10 ( room 1026)
Our stay was sept 27th - Oct 4th. Was told a lot of the "owners" are using their time shares. We wanted to be near the pool as we have a young child. We ended up in building 10 which oddly enough is not adjacent to the pool but the short walk across the parking lot was shorter than walking around some of the other buildings bordering the pool. The pools are idea for those with young children. Staff is great, grounds are always very well kept and clean. Love this place, we will be annual visitors!

Room Tip: Check out the Map ( they will send it to you via email) and have an idea where you want to be, they...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Let me start by saying Marriott Harbour Lake is nice. The villas are spacious and comfortable. The grounds are clean and well-organized and the staff is pleasant. I was expecting more based on other reviews. Daily housekeeping (albeit the "light" version) was spotty at best. One day they didn't show up until late (after 4:30pm). Same thing the next day. It was just frustrating to go out by 9am, come back after 3pm hoping to take a shower and a nap only to find no clean towels and the beds a mess. The pool areas are great if you have small children, not so great if you're an adult with no kids to keep entertained. I requested a high floor room but was given a bottom floor room. I did not request a handicap-accessible room, but was given one. I usually don't mind this but the master bathroom shower was open to the bathroom and lots of water escaped the shower curtain enclosure, which made for a very wet bathroom floor. Just not what I expected. Would I stay here again, probably not. There are places just as nice, if not nicer, that accomodate adults without children a bit better. Would I reccommend this place to others, yes, if you have small children and are looking for 2 bedroom options.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This was a great trip. We went down to Orlando for a long weekend, 4 full days there. The kids loved the pools with the pirate ship and slides. It The one bedroom villa was perfect for our family of 4 (4yr old and 7yr old). is very close to many of the Disney areas, and just down the street from SeaWorld. Still close enough that it was simple to take an early afternoon break from the Magic Kingdom. So much fun stuff to do at the hotel that you might not want to go to the parks. Stayed with Marriott Points, so not sure about value for price, but with points, it was great.

Room Tip: Our room was likely older on the renovation scale, but still very clean and in good condition, units...
Blaine, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have stayed here numerous times as well as the other Marriott Vacation Club properties in Orlando. The big difference with this one is the size. It's really small, which is good in some cases. Particularly, it doesn't really matter what building you're in, you'll always be close to the pools or wherever you want to go. Of course views on the buildings are all different. This time we stayed in Bldg 10 which is the first building built but was recently renovated. The view is of the road coming in and another building but most balconies have trees in front blocking that. It was nice, but I still prefer to be up higher (bldg 10 only has 3 floors). When I called to request bldg 28, which I have stayed in the last few times prior, I was told only owners can request this building. That is a real turnoff, especially in October. I can't imagine the whole building ever being occupied by only owners. But still, I enjoy the property, kids love the pools. Rooms may be a bit smaller than other properties.

Manahawkin, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Iam a marriott timeshare owner with 4 weeks a year. I have to say this is the place to stay with kids. wow they treat you wonderful! units new and very clean, water park. area wonderful.

You stay Marriott you can not go wrong. I also stay at Marriotts grande vista, and cypress harbor. both are very nice and have golf and club house.They are also kid friendly but nice for adults, we have gone many time. aprox 21 times to disney!
5 star quality, from beds to sheets,granite and master suite,and wonderful pools.
But if you want best of both worlds you can stay here and go across to cypress to golf. staying at grand vista & cypress and golf its not kiddy world all the time wish is nice too.
so if you want a island resort feel with kids, pirate ship and water area etc stay at marriotts Harbor. Hope this helps. Have fun!

Room Tip: we where by the pool and it was noisy:( pool open late! no pool side next time
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Anthem, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We (I'm 45, my girlfriend is 36, my sons are 10 & 11 and her daughter is 8) just returned from our third stay at Habour Lake (10/6/12 - 10/13/12). We go back to when the property used to be called Horizons. We've also stayed (twice) at Marriott's Grande Vista property.

We rented a 2br/2ba and had plenty of room to stretch out. If you haven't rented a timeshare like this before, you owe it to yourself to try it out (you may never go back to a standard hotel room again). For the record, I think that timeshare ownership is a terrible financial investment, but I'm all about renting someone else's!

For kids our age (and probably up to around 14-15 or so), this is an ideal property. It's well located to the parks we visited (Discovery Cove, Seaworld, Aquatica, two Universal parks--we didn't go to any of the WDW parks this time, just Downtown Disney), but it's also very convenient to the Disney parks too.

The amenities at this property (pirate ship pool, other pool with slide and water sprays, putt-putt golf, basketball, ping pong tables, firepit, etc.) all make for a great time when you're at the hotel!

I did hesitate before making my reservation this year (went back and forth between Harbour Lake and Grande Vista) until I read on tripadvisor that several of the buildings had been recently updated (at GV, the rooms are *much* nicer, but the property's amenities aren't as nice). We requested (and received) a room in one of the upgraded buildings and couldn't be happier, as we had the property amenities we wanted along with a nicer room (still not quite as nice as GV's rooms) than what we had previously experienced at Harbour Lake.

I can hardly find fault with our stay at all, but if I really want to be picayune, I might suggest that they should have updated the bathrooms (they looked original) with granite, nicer sink/fixtures, etc. as part of their recent reno (they did a nice job with the kitchen and rest of the room, just didn't touch the 2 bathrooms).

Room Tip: Ask for a room in one of the renovated buildings (I think they're 12 & 13, but double-check...
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My family just returned from a 7 night stay at Harbour Lake. It was our first experience and we can't wait to return! We stayed in a two bedroom villa with a full kitchen and a wonderful family room. It was perfect for the children and the adults. There were so many activities offered daily, that we could have saved our Disney money! The children actually said that they would have rathered stay at the resort than do a day at Disney!!! We are already planning our return trip!

Room Tip: We stayed in building 29 and loved the location. We were near the center of activity, but it was far...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Marriott's Harbour Lake? Share your experiences!